[Lore] The Ancestors (Dark Elf Lore)

Dakirennis

Edits done. Burk, sent you some pms.I think you should post the criticism here instead of the pm

After reading through the edited lore it no longer clashes with the orcish shaman lore. I also give my support for this to be implemented as it doesn't clash with any other lore and can only bring more rp to the server. +1!!

About ghosts, ghosts are spirits, but they have no souls, they are almost like a memory, a mirror image. I'll look for the post later on.

About ghosts, ghosts are spirits, but they have no souls, they are almost like a memory, a mirror image. I'll look for the post later on.

Alright, I understand. I still think they're compatible if I just tweak a few things here and there. lemme see the link.

I happen to be an expert on this subject

Any honourable dark elf would be able to go to the Spirit Realm, unless they wanted to go to normal afterlife, whatever that is. Like said before though, you would need to be a shaman to contact them. Additionally, I'd doubt there would be any greater ancestral dark elves, because there aren't any shamans that search them out, and I don't believe that any are praised individually.

This thing about having a strong connection to mortals allowing the dark elves' spirits to be contacted is kinda nonsensical, because any dead soul could have a strong connection to their descendants. Not all people can contact the spirits of their honourable dead relatives just because they've got a strong connection. Like I said, shamanism would be necessary.

Greater ancestors are essentially saints. Well known darkies like Dusk or Khel. They're indeed praised individualy in rp. Dusk's spear was the name of the boat in thales. (Dusk is also a demi-aspect, ie a druid saint) Other darkies have been named after khel and have shouted is name it battle over Malin's. There really isn't any other well known dead darkies other than that. Then of course you've Malin

Now I thought the ancestral plane was the normal afterlife P: Also with the edits, there isn't any summoning involved at all and there is no bond that allows for communication. It's a bond that keeps the spirit from wanting to leave their family, which happens in rp. Darkies tend to have incredible bonds with family, according to lore. I'd say the rate at which a spirit chooses to not pass over to anything would be higher because of this. I actually don't know where you're getting that from. However, that part needs some more editing due to jistuma's comment.

Myself and Bacon are tweeking the lore and should have some new things within a week or so. If it'd be alright I'd like to ask Burk or hellfiazz a few questions so we don't conflict with the orcish lore.

I'd prefer to keep it to IC belief to ensure that people can RP whatever religion they wish without feeling forced to conform to this lore. Though, it's really well written. 

I'd prefer to keep it to IC belief to ensure that people can RP whatever religion they wish without feeling forced to conform to this lore. Though, it's really well written. 

The Dark Elves have had no valid story of origin since the day they have existed, which is essentially since the release of the server. It is a rather unfair prospect for High Elves, Forest Dwarves, Subadai and so-on and so-forth to have their own beginnings, but not Dark Elves -- especially for those who seek a more realistic stance on their more prominent culture and want to give a little insight on how Dark Elves are destined to work. It's about time there has been an explanation, or atleast something close to one, for this subrace instead of speculations and falsehoods.

From the writing that I was personally shown all is fine with the lore as long as there is an emphasis on a few points:

-The dark elven spirits reside on the shamanistic ancestral plane of Aphoet.

-There is no real way to come into contact with said spirits that the dark elves pray to unless perhaps through a dark elf shaman and or a shaman who has had strong relations/friendship with a dark elf.

Keep up the good work, if you add more and would like me to take a look just send a pm :)

+1. Give the dark elves more flavor than a race of slutty hats.

I like this lore.

I by no means want to force people into some religion (even though that's not what this really is). It's more or less what Swgr said, this is to give some much needed depth to the dark elves. As of now this belief is only something the dark elves in my city really follow and to me that's fine. My main goal is to just make dark elves more spiritual and passionate, as they're intended to be. Not as what Charoodler said: "Slutty hats", which sadly is how some people view the darkies. 

From the writing that I was personally shown all is fine with the lore as long as there is an emphasis on a few points:

-The dark elven spirits reside on the shamanistic ancestral plane of Aphoet.

-There is no real way to come into contact with said spirits that the dark elves pray to unless perhaps through a dark elf shaman and or a shaman who has had strong relations/friendship with a dark elf.

Keep up the good work, if you add more and would like me to take a look just send a pm :)

Thanks a lot man. My character is kind of on a quest to find a Lutauman now after having a meeting with Thurak. He became interested in shamanism after Thurak blessed his child. Weather or not something like that will even happen, and if a dark elven shaman would be accepted, I have no idea. But I'm enjoying having more interactions with the orcs immensely, and that's all that matters to me. But either way I'm in the Krugmar skype, I'll probably toss a scattered question your way when I get the time to crack down on this.

+1. Give the dark elves more flavor than a race of slutty hats.

I like this lore.

10/10 Gave me a good chuckle. Thanks for the support man.

The Dark Elves have had no valid story of origin since the day they have existed, which is essentially since the release of the server. It is a rather unfair prospect for High Elves, Forest Dwarves, Subadai and so-on and so-forth to have their own beginnings, but not Dark Elves -- especially for those who seek a more realistic stance on their more prominent culture and want to give a little insight on how Dark Elves are destined to work. It's about time there has been an explanation, or atleast something close to one, for this subrace instead of speculations and falsehoods.

Dak and I were talking about a dark elf themed event line that explains origins. Have it written by an lm without our aid (However, we'd demand no moon god). Just a thought man and it's unrelated to any of this.

You still can. The lore is written out so that you can actually worship the aspects or the creator and still venerate your ancestors, there is nothing stopping you rply or otherwise. We'd call it a religion as westerners, but in places who do practice ancestral worship they don't even come close to pinning it as a religion or faith. It's more of sacred practises that are part of culture. Look at the mexican day of the dead. It's a day of essentially ancestral veneration, yet they're still all,for the most part, Catholics. Just take the day of the dead and expand it over a lifetime for darkies.

And in the end, you can just be another darkie who is the same as any other bland elf.