[Creature Lore] ~The Fae~

CupCwakez

ZkafzVq.png

“Look close, my child. Look hard. Can you see it on the stem? Tis a Fae, but lets not linger, for they like their tricks.”

*~The Fae~*

Mysterious, mystical, and a well hidden realm of creatures. Are they ethereal creatures and spirits, heavenly creatures, some form of demons, guardians of the forest realm, or simply humanoid beings? Nay, simply tricksters of their realm to keep woodsmen and people away from their steads so they can thrive.

S7qm1Nc.jpg

Fae in appearance are rather bug like humanoids and are often confused as the bugs they resemble, however, a slight bit larger. It is unsure how they became to be, some suspect a mage of sort experimenting crossing the two species of man and bug and thus they were created, perhaps it was the work of the creator; the possibilities go on. Now, you would need a keen eye to see one and not be confused for their bug counterparts. However, most have typical four limbs consisting of two arms and two legs, and then could have the added extra bug like extremities including more legs, antennae, etcetera. Furthermore, not each Fae is the same, just as not every person is. They could look like a beetle, a fly, a butterfly or anything of the such. Be fast or slow, fly, jump, or climb. Unfortunately, being so small, they are susceptible to dying early from destructions of their small steads, via animal or big folk, or even being eaten. In their life, they also have their own sort of political system, lifestyle, and language.

Kv3nDqv.jpg

Their Queen is the largest of the Fae and the most beautiful, however she has many tricks up her sleeve to rarely be seen by the eyes of those who are not worthy and pure of heart, mainly her own mystical magic which is within each of the Fae. The Fae have a great love for their Queen, if one was to kill her, do not be surprised if your home is infested with and army of Fae and you feel their wrath of the poisonous stings of their weapons. Hit enough and you may die from the swelling.

Mainly, it is children the Fae like to play with, for they are innocent and pure of heart; not cruel like their elders have been seen to be, having smashed their realms many times being ignorant of what may lie within the land they wish to take. However, life within their lands (which could be anywhere you could find a bug, like grassy lands, deserts, within the forests, etcetera) is peaceful for the most part unless trifled with, then you might feel their sting of poison on their itty bitty weapons which will cause the wound to well up. If you sleep, they might come in a small pack to steal the pretty things within your house, like the beads off a necklace, or the petals of a flower as an offering to their Queen when they gather together for the festivals of harvest and such. However, you cannot hear a Fae’s words for they are too small to hear and none has been able to translate for such reasons. You can only feel their emotions of playfulness or anger.

If you spot a Fae, it is considered luck and you might even be offered a gift from one if they like you enough, maybe even a small wish! So happy hunting.

Ohhhh my god if this became implemented, my crazy quirky new character might actually die of joy (she likes all things fae and believes elves to be relatives of fae folk)

YES PLEASE +1111111111111111111111

+1

Wonderfully written, and no OOC gain to be had. Interesting creature in on itself and could provide some interesting event encounters! 

Fire and water Fae make steam Fae!? (Sorry, inside joke.) Um, yes please. I love Fae!

absolutely disgusting.

i love it

+1

If fairies are ever implemented, I will create a character dedicated to capturing them, grinding them into paste, filtering alchemical fluids through that paste and producing washing up liquid to be sold throughout Athera.

1rMiW95.jpg

I believe there's already accepted lore concerning a race of fairy-oriented creatures that follow this similar "mystical trickster" idea. The lore was made by GreatSmirnovius.

I believe there's already accepted lore concerning a race of fairy-oriented creatures that follow this similar "mystical trickster" idea. The lore was made by GreatSmirnovius.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/96621-draiochta-denizens-of-the-trackless-forests/

Those are more leprechaun-y though. Not really fairies.

The similarities are present and it is incorrect to usher nearly the same concept into the server, which further dissolves the possibility of the original lore being used again.