[✗] "take Back The Night" (Big Event) Suggestion.

Playaslaya56

The day/night cycle on LOTC is very favored to day loving creatures(Elves, humans) but is entirely unfair to races who are not fond of sunlight (Trolls, ghosts). What I am proposing is a much needed event that will end with a possibly lengthened night. How I am planning it is the Trolls, Gravens and such will recruit an extremely powerful mage who may be able to lengthen the night. The mage(Rp-ed by a admin or ET) will request an object or such that is in control of a heavily human/elven place(Possibly Petrus). Lets say the city chosen is Petrus, this would create a direct conflict and rivalry between the two groups. The event would not be much battle as much as possible strategy to get the object(A crystal or something). If the object is recovered then the mage would be able to cast the spell to lengthen the night.

This is an EXTREMELY rough draft and it would be appreciated for you guys to discuss this in the thread, I do not plan on having a large role in this event as my persona is just a Spectre but this is just an idea. If you like this message me or add me on skype(Steven.reese32) so we can discuss.

EDIT: The T in the title should be capitalized.

While I can see the logic behind lengthening the day/night cycle, it's so often ignored anyway.

Also, this seems like a really big thing to push on everyone to benefit a small group.

While I can see the logic behind lengthening the day/night cycle, it's so often ignored anyway.

Also, this seems like a really big thing to push on everyone to benefit a small group.

Yes, but a lengthened day night cycle would benefit everyone also by increasing mob spawns.

Yes, but a lengthened day night cycle would benefit everyone also by increasing mob spawns.

How would that benefit anybody, though? More chances of dying while typing.

How would that benefit anybody, though? More chances of dying while typing.

Also, it's been done before, and can easily be done without a shift to the day/night cycle. ;)

With no mina drops for the mobs, it will actually do the opposite. Simply be a durability breaker on armour and weapons, whilst gaining nothing but useless drops in return.

The only real way I can see this be introduced in a more positive light, is if it were to introduce the heatmap and special drops for mobs. Also, it'd need to be possible to remove by the races to make it dynamic.. Though.. Technically, this can be plausible with a large number of illusionists, and a big ass rock to enchant an area to make it /appear/ to have a longer night? Right?

isnt this the name of one of those captainsparklez maymay minecraft music videos

isnt this the name of one of those captainsparklez maymay minecraft music videos

Yeah, and also kind of a name of a Justin Timberlake song, as kindly shown to me by pok in my Warclaim named after the Sparklez song. Got rekt.

However the Night cycle doesn't seem to need any sort of increase, Mobs are not worthwhile to kill, so if that changes, then sure.

Ehhh... I play a Troll and I was the one who proposed a post called "Take Back The Night", However... I don't like the magic idea. I just  wish for well... A bit more nighttime. I sit in my cave for 40 minutes - an Hour,  nothing to do, Waiting for the night so I can get a bit of RP in, When night comes I have roughly a good 5 minutes of darkness.... Where is the balance in that??? I just feel like my RP is invaluable in a system like this, As TheEpicFiend said. So this is my plea, I hope it will be recognized. Thank you

Not really, You can wear thick leather covering like I do some times, But in all there has been no fix.

Unless you play an Olog which is like a troll in size but is really an Orcish character. Troll have no relation to orcs though.

The current event has been denied due to the recent map change. If you wish to repost the event for the new map, please use the correct format found here.