Jewel Of The Sky

Hydra

Sanguine and his small band of merry men stand upon the shores of the Ordium with the spark of conquest in their eyes. They rally behind the banner of Ravenhold. Each man chanting a catchy tune as they march along the sandy shores of Karakatua.

WARCLAIM

Type of Battle:

Ambush/Conquest

Time & Date:

TBD

Attacking Forces:

Ravenhold Warband  and allies.

Defending Forces:

Karakatua

Location and Boundaries:

The Ordium ((and surrounding nexus plot.))

6822de71228eed40119f2e31205d750c.png

Terms of Victory:

Victory for attacking team:

If the defenders are all killed or driven out of the battle area.

Victory for the defending team:

If the attackers are all killed or driven out of the battle area.

Rewards:

Victory for the attackers means nexus region ownership transferred from the Kharajyr to the Ravenhold warband, all items and loot inside to be done with as the victors see fit.

Victory for the defenders means nexus region ownership remains with the Kharajyr and it may not be war claimed for a month by the Ravenhold warband or allies.

Rules:

Server rules

No team killing

No fake statuses

No returning to battle

No metagaming

There must be a way to actually get to the city.

Are the Kharajyr allowed to have allies with them?

Not sure if they would be? Since it's supposed to be an ambush even though that makes sense they probably would be able to have allies there. If not there are always people making alts!

You literally cannot ambush the Ordium just willy nilly, you do realize they can see anything within the area for a fair ways and could easily send a message for help. And as for 'there must be a way into the city' you cannot enforce that at all as a Rule, as RPly the Kha can have the way into the city removed by praying to Metztli. They as well can break the bridge up top to keep you on the platform leading into the city, of which can all be done ICly and validly. That rule cannot be enforced by OOC means simply because it is fully capable of happening ICly, and rather easily to the Kha.

EDIT: Also, dont you need to skirmish several times before you can conquest a capitol?

Nope just the kha

You literally cannot ambush the Ordium just willy nilly, you do realize they can see anything within the area for a fair ways and could easily send a message for help. And as for 'there must be a way into the city' you cannot enforce that at all as a Rule, as RPly the Kha can have the way into the city removed by praying to Metztli. They as well can break the bridge up top to keep you on the platform leading into the city, of which can all be done ICly and validly. That rule cannot be enforced by OOC means simply because it is fully capable of happening ICly, and rather easily to the Kha.

EDIT: Also, dont you need to skirmish several times before you can conquest a capitol?

An ambush would not be to hard there is a very thick canopy in the nearby forest. The reason why i put in that rule was so there would actually be a battle and not a stalemate. You don't need to skirmish to take a capital.

I was under the impression with the current war rules, there is no such thing as an ambush. Theres no rp reason why we would not block of the way up so, im not the leader, but that term in the warclaim doesnt make sense to have. And as far as im aware theres event planned for it, should you take it the events will continue regardless so do not complain when something bad happens to it.

It seems quite heavily biased that you can have allies we can not, plus we'd see armies aproaching from a top the tower. Besides you have allies word would get out that you're attacking from those who wish to help and we'd know about it meaning it is not an ambush..

You can't straight up war claim a city for its regions. If you are warclaiming the city it must be skirmishes which you win 3 out of 5. Then you can proceed to warclaim for the region. But with no battles or skirmishes before you can't warclaim the region straight away with no skirmishes before, for the region.

That is the reason karovia wasn't warclaimed or why Urguan hasn't been warclaimed on. You must do skirmishes before.

Surely if the kha send a bird when they see mass amounts of people coming to them (as they can see for miles on their floating city) they would send a bird to its allies, so allies should be alloud.

Talked this over with freema he was chill about the rules(did not accept yet), anyhow the tower is abandoned I walk over a few times a day and it is empty. I am however unaware of the changes to war claim rules where you must skirmish and realistically speaking mobalizing an army in rp while a battle is about to happen is practically impossible the battle would already be over before they came. As for allies I'm not bring an entire nation on my side it's just a merc guild and an ambush would make allies helping useless.

Yes but you've put allies and quite obviously dwarves/wood elves are going to help you if you have allies then surely we could also. And as Kaun stated in rp we'd destroy the entrances. I'll say again wasnt there something in the current war rules post saying there is no such thing as an Ambush

If I may recommend a idea here while this discussion is open...

I would say that the pair of your sides must discuss the exact number they are putting forward each for the battle, and use compairably the same number. A ambush style warclaim is all good and I like the concept but there needs to be a limitation if you really want to do a ambush style warclaim.

So, here are some suggested rules:

"Limited/No TNT use of explosives or siege weaponry." To prepare explosions on LOTC, the high elves defaulted to mana bombs but as long as their RP I am going to say their a seige weapon and can't be used willy nilly in every day RP. Explosives are hard to use, need to be prepared close to the battlesite and are unstable. A ambush should not be able to use explosives, or indeed maybe only a set number like 5 for the entire battle.

"Both sides present a equal number of players, no allies are called in." Frankly I would if I were you guys really avoid calling in allies for the battle. High Elves like Kha, Hydra well.. he has ties to the dwarves and this can get really messy and become some big deal it shouldn't be. Find a number you can both summon, under 12 if its a ambush, and don't call allies what so ever.

"Pillage not Conquest." I don't think conquest is right for this though, I see it being a better placed pillage with assured RP interaction with who is in charge of it event wise. I know for a fact that if you tried to un-ambush (standard) conquest this place you would face the Kha, High Elves and a bunch of ex-white rose war RP experts who strive at squad sized engagements. Its not a fight that would be won. The Kha's allied reinforcements would arrive for sure, but only long after the damage is done or whatever your looking for is found and thus I say you can't hold this place conquest style when the Kha can literally pray for it to fall on the floor.

Thats my two cence, some forum mod might hide this so I request FM you let them read it and if the owner wants it removed it can go. I just feel that some terms for the nature of the war claim can be made better and thus a more enjoyable experience all around.

I look forward for Adam Barnett and Nalatac tearing people up.

Nope just the kha

An ambush would not be to hard there is a very thick canopy in the nearby forest. The reason why i put in that rule was so there would actually be a battle and not a stalemate. You don't need to skirmish to take a capital.

Im hopping in here because you'd be going in halfling land. And the halflings won't be taking kindly to armored bands of men roaming their forests.

Would there be a decent reason for the kha not to TNT the bridge when you are spotted?

Namely that the tower is abandoned

Thats not a decent meaning if we saw attacker we'd instantly destroy the bridge...