[✗] The Degradation of Aurum

Swgrclan

Everyone should have a chance to kill a wraith, no matter how slim. Obviously a well trained paladin's chances and a random soldier with a gold sword's chances are going to be vastly different. But everyone should have a fighting chance.

I'll be honest, with respect Leo, but this basically plays out as "Everyone has a right to win against dark arts all the time." I mean, since when was RP a constant competition where every situation has to be fair? Why is winning so important? I mean, I think people might enjoy spooks more if they actually tried to. I enjoy attacks when I RP fear and play along. I don't care if I win or lose. I mean, I undergame very very hard for the simple fact that people are so uber focused on winning that I'd rather lose consistently nearly every time for the sake of having fun.

That's not what I said at all. What I said is that nothing should be impossible to kill, on principle, but holy users should obviously have a far greater chance at killing a wraith than a random knight with gold, who obviously, while still having a fighting chance would be far less likely to.

"I want a fair fights, which means that a super common weapon that anyone can have should be able to instantly kill a spook."

"I want fights to have a point, therefore I want a common weapon to have at least the possibility of killing a spook."

I honestly think this is more about people wanting to be able to dispose of RP immediately and not try and play along. Which happens all. The. Time.

I'm sorry you think that way, but it isn't true. Its about people not wanting something already more powerful than them to become downright impossible to kill without holy intervention. And even if it is true, then it should be looked at by the wraiths themselfs, why are we an unattractive group to RP with?

A pointless fight is a fact of life. A frost witch surrounded by ten guards is a pointless fight. There isn't a chance of winning, but you know, that makes sense. It is to be expected. It isn't bad. It's something to enjoy. Encountering a wraith alone at night on a road far from any help is a pointless fight. It's doom. There shouldn't be a chance of winning if the person is just a peasant or a warrior/archer not accustomed to dealing with such threats. Lose the fight. Have fun with it. We're expected to do it all the time to begin with. Besides, sometimes people can have the wrong attitude, and this idea of 'The point of RP is to win' is just one example. And yes, this 'Gotta win' attitude does exist, otherwise the idea of fairness in all situations wouldn't even come up.

having been a real undead (not this necrolyte whatever) it always pissed me off when somebody told me I had to be all super-weak against special snowflake holy stuff, and had to say "ok" to being one-shot by it. I dont know about necrolyte lore or roleplay, but if it's true that they can be one-shot by regular old gold weaponry, with gold equipment being relatively easy to make and distribute, if I were a necro i'd be pretty disheartened to know that any randy rando with a gold sword can insta-pop me irp; especially considering most kids who go around looking for necros to kill in such a fashion are only interested in the idea of being the "good guy," but aren't really interested in mutually interesting role-play or giving their necro target a chance to fight back in a reasonable capacity. if thats the case then +1 OP 

A middle ground idea is to make it so having smite enchanted on your sword will do more damage to a necro irp instead of having an all-or-nothing scenario in which gold weapons are either op or do nothing against a necro

Edited by ryno2

I like this and I like player antagonist but I feel it requires all of the player antagonists to get organized so that felsen isn't getting hit 10 times a day by the dark forces. Maybe take the magic list and create a skype group or something?

I like this and I like player antagonist but I feel it requires all of the player antagonists to get organized so that felsen isn't getting hit 10 times a day by the dark forces. Maybe take the magic list and create a skype group or something?

Way ahead of you. :p

having been a real undead (not this necrolyte whatever) it always pissed me off when somebody told me I had to be all super-weak against special snowflake holy stuff, and had to say "ok" to being one-shot by it. I dont know about necrolyte lore or roleplay, but if it's true that they can be one-shot by regular old gold weaponry, with gold equipment being relatively easy to make and distribute, if I were a necro i'd be pretty disheartened to know that any randy rando with a gold sword can insta-pop me irp; especially considering most kids who go around looking for necros to kill in such a fashion are only interested in the idea of being the "good guy," but aren't really interested in mutually interesting role-play or giving their necro target a chance to fight back in a reasonable capacity. if thats the case then +1 OP 

A middle ground idea is to make it so having smite enchanted on your sword will do more damage to a necro irp instead of having an all-or-nothing scenario in which gold weapons are either op or do nothing against a necro

That's the general idea. Getting a weapon blessed/enchanted and then modified by a moderator or the like isn't hard to do tbh.

No, we need gold to fight off ghosts and necros otherwise they would be too OP. Unless you are willing to create lore to counter this corruption we can't have this. 

tumblr_lxrs56q3Cu1qjhjdwo2_r1_250.gif

Y-You mean like Clerics, Paladins, Ascended, Itharel, Keepers, Servants of mitochondr-I mean Malchediael and every other holy aligned entity/group? Something we're over-saturated with?

Should we rather have every holy group going about warding all the cities off then? I mean this is a small price to pay..if the holy groups wanted they could just ward the cites and then that'd be that?

I do not want this to happen!

Just de-buff the lich and wraith insta-kills. That's all you need to do.

Don't let the server rely on clerics and stuff, a good ol marked man can do the job just as good

Should we rather have every holy group going about warding all the cities off then? I mean this is a small price to pay..if the holy groups wanted they could just ward the cites and then that'd be that?

Or, assist the mortal races by giving them enchanted weapons. And assisting them in battles. Wards are as bad as gold.

Well I like the idea~ As a cleric, I find it very boring not to do anything anymore, or no sense of use or fear on the server. Hell I think this will actually bring more rp use for holy users and other people MAYBE. We can help ward off places IF asked. Its not hard to find your local or travel to find one, but most places do not like holy users. So more of push away the ones that can help and do it yourself is what it seems like most times. Everyone and their grandmothers have gold now. I think maybe weaken the gold than utterly make them useless. Give us holy users more reason to be needed. Hell if I was asked by people or leaders of a nation to ward or bless things, I'd bring my clerics and do it. Both parties meet up and talk and boom there's RP happening. Something like that, my two cents on it.

Wards are as bad as gold.

wards = "you're not allowed to rp in here because we said so and if u come in here as a necro ur breaking lore"

Or, assist the mortal races by giving them enchanted weapons. And assisting them in battles. Wards are as bad as gold.

The part where I said that people don't always see eye to eye with holy groups. How to decide who get's these enchanted weapons? Leaders like always? No thank you, I rather have the general population being able to participate in dark arts role-play than just a select few. You seem to have this idea of what /could/ happen rather than what's actually happening, that everyone carries gold and that everyone wants to go to a holy order and ask for help from someone they'd rather be part of but are not and just think they are snowflakes.. Sorry if I sound aggressive and I apologize if it does.

Wards are as bad as gold.

wards = "you're not allowed to rp in here because we said so and if u come in here as a necro ur breaking lore"

A clear example of ignorance as a result to lack of knowledge, as you seem to believe wards stops players with dark arts to go there.

This is not the case as wards weaken the target, it doesn't harm them. It inflicts no damage, no pain. It weakens them, still able to RP there but their magical abilities heavily weakened depending on the target's strength.

The part where I said that people don't always see eye to eye with holy groups. How to decide who get's these enchanted weapons? Leaders like always? No thank you, I rather have the general population being able to participate in dark arts role-play than just a select few. You seem to have this idea of what /could/ happen rather than what's actually happening, that everyone carries gold and that everyone wants to go to a holy order and ask for help from someone they'd rather be part of but are not and just think they are snowflakes.. Sorry if I sound aggressive and I apologize if it does.

Having inquired to two holy orders (one of which my main character is heavily affiliated with as a Cleric) whether or not they'd participate in this kind of thing (assistance and blessings and what have you), and having seen the mass of gold weaponry used against us through two years as a Wraith, I can safely say a lot of my claims here aren't assumptions and presumptuous of how things actually work in the game. If this pulls through and shows that you are actually true in the fact that holy orders are ousted as snowflakes and are not sought for assistance, it is not a flaw of the prospect or lore, but of the players. I don't want a dependency to come about from this change, I want tie folks together better and prevent the evil side from being assblasted every time they seek to enact their plots. Removing what prevents that invites regular players and communities to try to include holy and arcane-oriented groups more because, yes, they're as vital of aspects to the server as any other group are. Trying to cut them out of the picture and disregard their purpose by claiming "we shouldn't need them to defend ourselves" as others have claimed is... well, incorrect, really. This isn't a server where communities are split into their own cliques with their own rules. Everything has use and relevance. 

And don't worry - your feedback is much appreciated!

A clear example of ignorance as a result to lack of knowledge, as you seem to believe wards stops players with dark arts to go there.

This is not the case as wards weaken the target, it doesn't harm them. It inflicts no damage, no pain. It weakens them, still able to RP there but their magical abilities heavily weakened depending on the target's strength.

was going off of old undead rules where the ward over Petrus meant we werent allowed to go inside on our undead chars

on a side note that reply would have been just as informative if you'd left out that first part; saying things like that makes people feel like you're implying they're generally ignorant, which in the right circumstances can start a salt storm