[✗] 2015 Christmas Community Suggestions

Sebasgann

Happy Jolly Afternoon!

-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-

River here, asking you all what you all want to see this year for Christmas. We have plans and ideas ourselves but it could never hurt to ask you guys for your input on what we could bring this year. Surely there's something we've missed, and surely you all have some valuable input to share.

So without further ado, feel free to leave comments of some suggestions, some elements, lore, mini events and comment other peoples responses. 

-=-

I am unsure of how this could be done but it would be cool if there a was Secret Santa during the Christmas period.

So we'd get partnered with random players and until Christmas day, we would have to get them a gift. Since we aren't all on within the same times, we could "deposit" the gifts into a chest GUI that would be allowed into, only by the two people; their names hidden until Christmas.

idk tho, thanks

I am unsure of how this could be done but it would be cool if there a was Secret Santa during the Christmas period.

So we'd get partnered with random players and until Christmas day, we would have to get them a gift. Since we aren't all on within the same times, we could "deposit" the gifts into a chest GUI that would be allowed into, only by the two people; their names hidden until Christmas.

idk tho, thanks

I like this idea!

I actually really like it! 

A flaw in this though is that people could just give you dirt :l

Edited by LevitatedPotato

It's not even Thanksgiving yet.

Where I live, they were playing christmas music and selling christmas themed stuff at the start of september.

This is the world we live in now, I guess.

It's not even Thanksgiving yet.

I takes time to make good events, they have to be planned somewhere around 2 months before they actually happen, at the least. You have to get a rough outline, go through a couple iterations, then build the event sites, and all of that needs to be done weeks before the event should ever happen. At least a week before the event period starts, people need to be rehearsing their events, that's how a good event team, and planning operates. That leaves us with about 4 weeks, which was less time than we had last year for the Christmas project, but this time we have experience and can make it work a lot easier. 1 week to plan, 2 weeks to build, and one week to rehearse. Saying that, it doesn't sound like a lot of time, does it?

Besides that point, does anyone else have any productive suggestions on what you would like to see this Christmas?

Give us goodies. I think there should be a giant party. Seriously, with lots of ale. Lots of food. Lots of dancing. :P Maybe let Santa Claus visit

Give a command /gift Only activated for 12 days, One use per day. Randomize items. Items get better the closer you get to the 12th day.

Give a command /gift Only activated for 12 days, One use per day. Randomize items. Items get better the closer you get to the 12th day.

Firstly, on top of this idea, I'm not sure if you were thinking of an advent calendar when you suggested it but that's what came to mind as soon as I read it. Instead of just using the command /gift you could have a lot more to it. Perhaps build an advent calendar and people go up to it each day. Really not sure how you would do that but just an idea. 

Also, I was thinking that if it was done like an advent calendar then you could get a gift every other day but then the days in between could give you RP suggestions. That way you could run it for the full 25 days or however long you would want to even though it's pretty close to December 1st already so I don't know. I know that some people find it hard to start RP or even find RP and with a few suggestions it could bump up the activity even more and perhaps get people who wouldn't usually RP with each other to do exactly that. I'm sure some people wouldn't take any notice of them but they could range from simple ones such as 'RP with a Human' to funnier and more comical ones like 'Pretend to be Santa for the day' 

Of course, these would only be suggestions and people would not be forced to do them. I just think it could add a little spice to the RP. 

------------------------------------

Next idea would be like an Easter Egg Hunt but with Christmas presents if the textures could be added to the server resource pack. I'm not sure how long you could run it for. Whether you would like to run it for only one day or run it for a series of days and put presents in new locations each day. I was thinking you could make it so that when you left click or right click on the block that is textured to be the present, you would get some kind of notification in the chat that you have collected a present and it would potentially show how many you have now? Though, I'm not sure about that because I don't know what it takes to make this kind of stuff.

If that was possible then it would basically be the player who has collected the most presents wins overall. Perhaps minas prizes or skill tomes? Just a little something that it fun to do and is rewarding at the end!

that's me done now. kinda long, soz <3