[Mists of Xan Addition]: Limbs of Light

Delmodan

35 minutes ago, Delmodan said:

It's not a buff nor is it a full replacement for a limb. This is a temporary use and they would still have to deal with the fact that most of the time, they wouldn't have their limb. As well, all the things you suggested was what was stated. This isn't something one can just randomly learn off the bat then be able to summon on a wim. This requires a lot of time and skill to even be able to properly summon it then be able to use it for either the menial tasks as you described or able to summon it during a fight. The paladin would have to choose first. A weapon or the limb if someone decides to come suddenly at them. This skill is the same as if summoning choosing to summon their armor or their weapon. It's meant to give an option due to the fact that within a fight, you would be at a disadvantage given you are missing a limb. 

So, essentially, you're filling up a potential weakness of the cleric. I'm going to have to refer to what Swgr said before and reiterate that every weakness doesn't need to be filled up with some sort of slot like an iron mist-limb. Having a missing ligament is a disadvantage, but attempting to fill it is . . . Eh. Unnecessary. 

A -1 from me.

3 minutes ago, Song Druid said:

This is not a competition.  I'm afraid that is where many players fail to understand, what with the huge amount of PVP and wars we have.  Not my or anyone else's responsibility to be "fair" to other people.  It's RP, and life isn't fair.  That's just the way I see it, though.

As much as you might not want it to become a competition, I'm afraid that the server has and will become one in the end in particular aspects. And it really is easy to say "well, too bad" when you're on the continuously winning side of things.

Anyway, it's quite annoying when lore for the "dark side" like Phobism and Ikuras (as a Daemon and not a spirit) and Necromantic healing gets denied, but then extra light limbs gets accepted -- And quite swiftly, I might add.

23 minutes ago, Fordo said:

You must remember, however, that this light ligament still holds the same properties as its weapon (composed of the same particles) and can therefore be used to greatly harm tainted beings with its touch. And, if the paladin is adept at martial arts (which I imagine many are), then they can quite effectively use this buff as if they were still able to wield their mist weapons. However, I see now that Delmodan has clarified that the skillful utilizing of this skill takes some time. 

But imagine this -- A paladin/cleric has an arm of light. All they have to do to harm a tainted being is touch them with it or slap them (maybe?) with it, and it executes the same action as it usually would, which is purging. 

I do see your point. As well, the paladin armor summoned is made of light as well. The same with a weapon. All within melee range. Most dark arts users are range and have a variety of spells and abilities to keep the paladin at a distance. If said limb of light were to make contact, it would react the same as if  any kind of holy thing touches them. It would cause pain. It is literally the same effect as if the paladin punches a dark arts user with their summoned holy gauntlet. Difference is, its less mobile than having the actual hand.

Cleansing or 'purging' is a different ability and would require the paladin to focus and keep the said dark arts person still in order to preform it. Which at that point, the fight is over. This is really no different than using a summoned blunt weapon to bash someone or using a sword to fight. The flaws for summoning this in a fight is :
1. You can't summon the holy armor which covers the whole body.

2. You have a longer time even summoning a weapon out if you choose the limb first.

3. If you choose to summon a weapon first, you have to deal with the fact you are still down a limb and may not be able get it out before the fight ends.

4. Complete mobility of the limb in question.

This however, is talking about combat. Which this lore is meant to have a non-combat utility as well, even if it is only temporary.

Yep, I support this lore!

1 hour ago, Delmodan said:

I do see your point. As well, the paladin armor summoned is made of light as well. The same with a weapon. All within melee range. Most dark arts users are range and have a variety of spells and abilities to keep the paladin at a distance. If said limb of light were to make contact, it would react the same as if  any kind of holy thing touches them. It would cause pain. It is literally the same effect as if the paladin punches a dark arts user with their summoned holy gauntlet. Difference is, its less mobile than having the actual hand.

Cleansing or 'purging' is a different ability and would require the paladin to focus and keep the said dark arts person still in order to preform it. Which at that point, the fight is over. This is really no different than using a summoned blunt weapon to bash someone or using a sword to fight. The flaws for summoning this in a fight is :
1. You can't summon the holy armor which covers the whole body.

2. You have a longer time even summoning a weapon out if you choose the limb first.

3. If you choose to summon a weapon first, you have to deal with the fact you are still down a limb and may not be able get it out before the fight ends.

4. Complete mobility of the limb in question.

This however, is talking about combat. Which this lore is meant to have a non-combat utility as well, even if it is only temporary.

If that is the case, then I'm "okay" with the lore in question.

However, a "golemaic" stone arm or an altered metal arm are both canon in lore and are far more efficient in both mobility and usage. So, essentially, I'm just neutral about it. Doesn't 'add' anything, in this case. So, uhm . . . 

+0

I think it is a pretty neat idea. +1 Not sure if it would be OP like ford said because it depends highly on the situation it's used in but I think the actual image is something to be charmed by & isn't a mechanical, stone or wooden arm (always found those kind to be a bit wonky).

Currently being reviewed.

Expect an official response from the LT within a week.

Lore accepted!

Moved to magic lore.