[✗] Druid Lore Amendment: Control of Weather

Wolf Druid Ouity

1 minute ago, Whimsylicious said:

Druids have never been able to manipulate anything other than life, this is directly taking away from shamanism. I see no reason why this should be a thing, druidism is already a very diverse magic and pretty strong overall. This doesn't go well with current lore at all and there really is no reason for this to be a thing. Ask a shaman for help if you need some rain.

I'm sorry but it is as if you didn't read the post at all.  You are wrong.  Druids have controlled weather several times in the past and this was from the start an intended aspect of the magic.  Somehow over time as I and other heads of the lore left or went inactive this didn't get communicated down.  I take responsibility for this.  In recent revisions this was red-lined and we simply wish to revise it to its previous state.

This was not taken from shamanism at all.  I respect shamans and I wouldn't try to steal their lore or their mythos.  I wish you would read what other people have said in this thread before posting exactly what has been refuted several times over already.

4 minutes ago, KarmaDelta said:

"Oh look, WEEDS. Welp, we're all done. Time to pack our bags and hit the seas lads, this is how we transition to 5.0. Druids ruined us all."

1 minute ago, KarmaDelta said:

LOOK.

LOOK WITH YOUR SPECIAL EYES. 

-snip-

At least most of the Druids don't powergame, jesus christ.

I love you. xD

I believe I stated prior why a druid would even need to have this. The only reason I see is using it against a void mage yet even if the druid summons a tsunami type of rain effect a fire evocationst fire cannot be put out, as refeered from the lore. 

No real purpose comes from this, to water crops in a drought? Why? Wouldn't that go against a cycle of nature? Are druids hurting more nature then proserving it?

Druids do not need this in RP wise nor would it seem approporate for the aspects to bless them with this.

Provide some good reasoning on how and provide good reasoning on why. Then maybe i'll say yes. Besides saying "druids had this in the past"

Just now, ttwesten / Evark Evocress said:

I believe I stated prior why a druid would even need to have this. The only reason I see is using it against a void mage yet even if the druid summons a tsunami type of rain effect a fire evocationst fire cannot be put out, as refeered from the lore. 

No real purpose comes from this, to water crops in a drought? Why? Wouldn't that go against a cycle of nature? Are druids hurting more nature then proserving it?

Druids do not need this in RP wise nor would it seem approporate for the aspects to bless them with this.

Provide some good reasoning on how and provide good reasoning on why. Then maybe i'll say yes. Besides saying "druids had this in the past"

If this lore has clear red lines (such as no use in combat, and whatnot) and has a well defined criteria that must happen before weather control is possible (i.e.what one druid can do, what the limit of druidic weather control is, what methods must be used, etc), then you guys have my support. Otherwise, I fear this is vague enough to mean anything.

I don't have to rationalize that to you.  Furthermore and this is the last time I or anyone else should have to say this, but this has absolutely ZERO combat utility.  At all.

This is a flavor ability and as far as why the Aspects would grant it you can plainly read on Cernunnos that one of his token things is the "wrath" of nature including things such as large storms and tsunamis and the such.  We aren't even asking for that.  We just want the weather.

As far as the cycle of nature malarkey that's entirely subjective and I hate this argument almost as much as the balance one.  Objectively speaking the entire art of druidism would be unnatural.  

...I mean... when we had that giant ash cloud all over the place, wouldn't it have been useful to summon up some wind to blow it away so everything doesn't die? Or, say, if a volcano was erupted unnaturally, wouldn't it be just dandy if a druid could call down rain to put out the fires that resulted from some dumb bunny setting off a volcano with some sort of magic to prevent balance from being lost further? This would be for extenuating circumstances only.

Your snarky attitude is doing less than nothing for this thread. Yes, I did read everything, and this "ammendemnt" is pretty half assed and not much effort went into it. It circumvents giving explanations by claiming that "I don't have to explain this". Aspects don't grant you control of weather, and this ammendment doesn't explain were said control comes from. Perhaps if you two would stop throwing tantrums when people criticize your "perfect lore" and actually start taking feedback into consideration then maybe you'll get somewhere with this. As it stands, this isn't, and you're to blame.

1 minute ago, Whimsylicious said:

Your snarky attitude is doing less than nothing for this thread. Yes, I did read everything, and this "ammendemnt" is pretty half assed and not much effort went into it. It circumvents giving explanations by claiming that "I don't have to explain this". Aspects don't grant you control of weather, and this ammendment doesn't explain were said control comes from. Perhaps if you two would stop throwing tantrums when people criticize your "perfect lore" and actually start taking feedback into consideration then maybe you'll get somewhere with this. As it stands, this isn't, and you're to blame.

Except they did take some of the criticisms into consideration. He updated some of the info on the first post, put in some redlines, set some guidelines for how many could do what.

Just now, Whimsylicious said:

Wow.  First off, I wasn't snarky to you.  Your entire post was tilted in a very negative and ignorant light and appeared uneducated because you stated things that were already refuted in the thread.  Now you blatantly admit to having read them and still persisting with your incorrect assumption even though we have stated many times that this is not the case.

As for the thread itself I can't control Ouity and I wish this lore was better structured in his post and hopefully in the morning he will do so.  If not, I will.  That said nobody here is throwing a tantrum, though some of us are very disappointed and there are inflamed passions, but I would suggest that if you have nothing constructive or educated to say you simply not speak at all.  I already have to contend with those who unwillingly don't know what they are talking about, I shouldn't have to deal with people who continue speaking even when they know they're wrong.

3 minutes ago, Whimsylicious said:

You still can't read.

Literally.

Also, the whole idea of 'perfect lore' makes me laugh.

A sensible chuckle really.

Everyone now is just repeating what has already been said on the pages before.

Feedback has been taken too.

This is why gender bending is sin.

1 hour ago, KarmaDelta said:

I'd like to think that something like this would require at least a large group of Druids, maybe all those who reside in the certain circle, to properly meditate/commune within the sacred Salmon pool to properly try and bring the weather down.

Even then, it should have a small range seeing as how you are fighting against the actual forces of nature and also not be that powerful. Maybe just a few drops of rain, like a small rainfall. For fire, well, that could get out of control quickly, and if you guys want to control it, it would require pretty much everyone to concentrate as hard as they can.

A sacrifice of some sort could be a cool idea to call forth a rainstorm for a storm?

For example "insert witcher comparison here" but please watch the video through, it explains towards the end of the ritual in the middle of the vid my comparison quite well!:

I think a ritual on a large scale, either with a multitude of Druids and or a singular Druid with a great offering and defense against some sorta bad juju would be pretty rad and a fair trade off for weather control! Just an idea though, I like the lore either way!

Plus imagine the event ideas...

:tears:

1 minute ago, Freema said:

A sacrifice of some sort could be a cool idea to call forth a rainstorm for a storm?

For example "insert witcher comparison here":

:tears:

Neat.

That seems cool to add too if they want it to have a little more affect other than just simply raining.

Like, a certain beast sacrificed could affect the weather.

Sacrificing a bear during a rainstorm could make it seem heavier.

Sacrificing a deer for rain would make it more of a serene, rainbowy fall.

Would make for cool 'regents' so to speak.