Nis'Hani Void Horrors

drfate786

The Nis’Hani

MrZqm5-QUm6mJxk15WAczUJGVGfTIX-6yKsZ7VUU

Nis’Hani Arch-Horror in it’s “true form”

The Nis’Hani are far more ancient than any of the known horrors in the void and may have been the first beings to physically exist within the void. They’re responsible for the sudden disappearance of many scholars that have attempted to prove of their existence and may have eliminated them by entering our world through the use Nis’Hani void rifts. They may have also taken the form of political leaders and influenced events due to their unique ability to transform into exact duplicates of other creatures. The Nis’Hani seek only to invade our world and pervert it towards their own goals, they crave lifeforce and will do anything to devour a descendant. To them, descendants are only a rare delicacy to be eaten and savoured.

Nis’Hani Void Rifts

mDWp87x4RiMwh1zamOXUlSK5JiUUf11Met-tTRXb

The Nis’Hani are unable to simply appear in our world but due to them having a body that can mimic any creature, they’re able to enter it through the use of rifts. These rifts are purposefully or accidentally created by the Nis’Hani or Descendants. The rifts are tears in the dimensional fabric that separates the void from our world. These tears are small and near impossible to go through for a descendant. However, the Nis’Hani are capable of turning themselves into small parasitic worms to squeeze through the rift. Once through, they must find a host to feast on, they must feed on the life force of descendants to become anchored to our world and shapeshift. This is usually some poor creature that happens to find one of these tears. The Nis’Hani will enter through the nasal cavity or mouth and will feast on the mind of the host resulting in a quick descent into utter madness, once the mind is devoured it will take full control of the host and spread virulent tendrils where each nerve is located. From then on, the host is no longer alive and will begin to decompose while the tendrils feast on the lifeforce of the corpse. Once the Nis’Hani parasite has harvested enough life force it will use it to grow. This results in the Nis’Hani violently erupting from the corpse, it will take the form of whatever it had infested from then on. The Nis’Hani will carry out whatever orders it had been given, this is usually the elimination of trifling mages that may be on the verge of making a magical discovery.

Whenever they’re threatened. their chosen form will erupt in a shower of gore to reveal their true forms. They will then proceed to devour everything that has seen them. Physical attacks are usually useless against most Nis’Hani with the only exception being aurum and magic. The Nis’Hani will have a long tentacular maw with many tendrils sticking out of a thick carapace along it’s torso. They have four insectoid legs with sharp maws at the bottom and long arms armed with sharp pincers. Each time they use their maws to devour flesh they assimilate the life force in the flesh and grow in size. Normal weapons will simply bounce off of them due to a slimy substance that covers them and mind altering magics will put the caster into a nightmarish state of mind, this usually fills the mental mage’s mind with forbidden knowledge too eldritch to understand. The use of arcane evocation (Hitting them with something like a conjured fireball, etc)  will banish them back to the void and necromantic drains will make them shrink until they return to the worm-like state they arrived in. All deity magic will simply bounce off of them as though some eldritch force is protecting them from the Aenguls and Daemons.

Nis’Hani constantly crave salt water and can’t eat cooked food or plants, they cannot mimic the personality of those they have devoured either. If they devour anyone who has linked with the void, they will steal all of the knowledge the person had in whichever class of void-based magic they studied, this does not mean however that they can use said knowledge.

It is inevitable for a mage to eventually find out about the Nis’Hani in his or her lifetime, each time they connect to the void there is a chance that they may catch a glimmer of a whisper. When this whisper is heard and should they do what it asks, they will have all of the knowledge about the Nis’Hani implanted into their mind. This will mark them for assassination followed by freakish nightmares into the eldritch plane that the Nis’Hani inhabit.

Honestly just seems you're trying to circumvent what we already have in pursuit of your own agendas. 

7 hours ago, aerialkebab said:

Honestly just seems you're trying to circumvent what we already have in pursuit of your own agendas. 

I have an agenda? I never had any clue that I had any form of agenda or that the GM team thinks this. I'm going to go build a laser cannon to destroy Vailor now! Please put on your tin foil hats everyone! Aerial thinks I have an evil agenda with my lore! LOL!

38 minutes ago, ArcanicFable said:

Too overpowered in my opinion.

True, but the same could be said for harbingers and wraiths.

Harbingers are nearly extinct and wraiths are gone, btw. 

Anyway, are these event or playable creatures? Also, I don't think they are OP, relative to other horrors. 

Just now, Redxophos said:

Harbingers are nearly extinct and wraiths are gone, btw. 

Anyway, are these event or playable creatures? Also, I don't think they are OP, relative to other horrors. 

These are ET/LM only. However LM's may allow players to play one if the situation merits it.

Just now, knightly11 said:

How would the situation "merit" it?

If they found a rift and got infected by a Nis'Hani parasite they are allowed to RP the fall to madness followed by their demise. If the LM wishes it, they can play the Nish'Hani that will carry out the assassination of whatever mage is targeted.

No thank you, the past lore submission you placed was pretty quickly abandoned by you with the negative comments.

I have to agree with the majority of the above statements. Seems overpowered, and just something that the server doesn't really need right now. It's a no from me.

This lore has been Denied.

The primary reasons for the denial of this lore is that the creature is quite overpowered and contradicts several preexisting pieces of lore (for example, voidal horrors do not exist in the void, but are manifested through strange anomalies between the void and our world).

It was also mentioned that there doesn't seem to be a great need for this lore. While interesting, it doesn't seem like the best method to provide the type of roleplay these creatures would end up offering.

Thank you for your submission and best of luck in the future!