[✓] [Sprite Lore Add-on] Scary Toxins, Nice Sprites

I've actually seen a bunch of these little guys. And, for the most part, they provide an enjoyable RP experience, so liaison with what I've seen so far. . . +1! 

Could I ask why we can't collect their toxins? It biologically makes sense that you could, and you can collect toxins from plants, which is the thing you compared sprites to. Honestly, I see no other reason for this than OOC thoughts of other people having your special chemicals... Otherwise these additions seem really cool, and I support sprites!!!

+1

Everyone seems to misread.

Says toxins cant be used in potions or poisons.

Toxins are toxins, so use them as toxins and you should be good?

9 hours ago, Sky said:

And is that just not, ironic? That the sprites, a creature that Zer0 is the lore writer for, only spend time around Aethermoor, a land that Zer0 is the lord of. I'm sorry, but I cannot help but see the lore, and it's addition, only adding fun and flavour for but a handful of people that have always been within a small clique.

By your logic, you're saying that halflings should be removed because they like to stay in the village and benefit their own group.

5 hours ago, Demotheus said:

My only problem is the black sprite. I might be wrong, but this is a defense mechanism for the sprites and evolution doesn't tend to create defense mechanisms in creatures just so they can drop dead from their own defense mechanism. It defeats the purpose. I think it should either not be lethal to the fairy (perhaps render them completely vulnerable after the fact, sick, etc. and used as a last resort to keep from dying ideally) or have the affects toned down to something else that isn't lethal.

Just my opinion. Otherwise pretty cool!

Stinging insects come t mind, Demotheus

7 hours ago, Equinox said:

This looks okay, but i've only seen 2 sprites in my 6 months of playing, and I never got to meet them. (AFK, or they ran off.)

Maybe I should come up with a Sprite Repellent. Plaster it upon their homes, and let them roam free.

EDIT: Or! I can cage them up. I need more lanterns.

YOU MONSTER! *Shakes fist* Anyways, +1 to the lore addition. GO SPRITES!

Is all 

11 hours ago, Sky said:

And is that just not, ironic? That the sprites, a creature that Zer0 is the lore writer for, only spend time around Aethermoor, a land that Zer0 is the lord of. I'm sorry, but I cannot help but see the lore, and it's addition, only adding fun and flavour for but a handful of people that have always been within a small clique.

I think adding toxins for sprites would add RP for other people, too. Especially for those people who go and try to enslave sprites as LANTERN LIGHTS *coughequinoxcough*. Also, people could capture sky blue, pink, and purple sprites and use them as drugs.

You know, using the same gas that the Nazis used in WWII for the black sprite may have not been the best idea. We're changing that up.

58 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

This isn't needed, the sprites are perfectly fine where they are at right now.

But, why? The Sprites are continuing to grow, with more and more people requesting to play a certain sprite. A lot of our shelved members admitted that if toxins were added, a least to some extent, they'd be willing to play their sprite more than they already do, since they wouldn't constantly be killed. This is much of the reason that some sprites RP at CT exclusively, so that they aren't simply killed off. Sprites actually want an opportunity to role play, too. We are aware that we are weak in combat, and never, ever, ever expect to win in a fight against a Felsen guard or anything. But when a plant can defend themselves better than we can, it's counterproductive. 

Okay, so Sky says that sprites are inactive, first of all we aren't, second, we can't help that some people have work and real life? It's continuing to grow, the sprite community. Sooo. .ya.

This is excessive for what is meant to be a light-hearted player event creature. Sprites are too one dimensional to be played as a main character, and they're really not worthy of such a powerful buff.

I'd be open to seeing a single, simple, 'daze' ability throughout the entire species. Perhaps working similarly to the Clerics 'Light hand' spell.

1 hour ago, Luxurypoop said:

This is excessive for what is meant to be a light-hearted player event creature. Sprites are too one dimensional to be played as a main character, and they're really not worthy of such a powerful buff.

I'd be open to seeing a single, simple, 'daze' ability throughout the entire species. Perhaps working similarly to the Clerics 'Light hand' spell.

I wouldn't say this is excessive. The abilities are NOT that powerful save for the black sprite one, and that's being changed

3 hours ago, Luxurypoop said:

Like I said earlier, we're totally open to somehow revising the toxin bit, but I don't believe that Sprites are too 'one dimensional' in any sense. I understand why someone wouldn't want to play on them as a main character, and that's fine, but that doesn't directly correlate with, "They don't deserve any more buffs." Referring to what Zer0 said earlier, 

15 hours ago, ℤ∃ʁ∅ said:

They aren't just cute little fairies the auto assumption people think sprites are. 

The reason that Sprites aren't 'one dimensional' is that we have the ability to grow, adapt, learn, develop, and adapt to both our surroundings and ourselves. The personality of a Sprite can be altered, (Although color does determine the given traits of an individual Sprite, of course,) and relationships can be formed between multiple parties. Although, I fail to see how this really relates to the power of the buff given to Sprites. People are complaining about the relative lack of RP in Sprites, which many of us are genuinely confused by as we've been active, but this should add more RP elements to Sprites.

13 hours ago, Equinox said:

EDIT: Or! I can cage them up. I need more lanterns.

We actually make very awful lanterns tbqfh. We make better Christmas presents than we do lanterns, and you'd still have to feed us and all that.