[✗] [Lore Submission][Playable Creature] Axolotyn (5.0 Magical Creature)

Starfelt

I think this is a cool and original race (Or playable creature whatever you would like to call it), and all the abilities described can be achieved in vanilla Minecraft with a little effort.

Just now, TheDarkIsEternal said:

We apologize if you don't like the race, but the race isn't for you. We didn't make this race so that the entire server suddenly has this new thing to fixate on, we made this race for the people who need something new. The races of this server are just... insanely stale. Most of them look human, there's only two that don't. This race is for individuals, not the crowd. If you don't like the race, don't play it. There's no reason not to add it, and finally voidal corruption will still affect them, their regeneration affects injuries, cuts, gashes, broken bones, etc, not enchantments/illnesses. They can still get sick, they just physically heal faster, so while voidal corruption won't affect their healing, their healing won't affect voidal corruption either. 

I respect your opinion, but I'll have to disagree with you on it. 

This race is stale too is what I'm saying. More races = more spread out playerbase = harder time finding RP. Especially when people like you create races that are for the "individuals" rather than the crowd. This race, aside from being able to swim, adds nothing to RP aside from "ooo, cool look at that thing" which wears off fast. We've seen it with the Kha, Cervitaurs, Bryophites, and other special snowflake races. The novelty wears off fast.

I'm looking at the big picture here, not commenting just because I don't like this race. This race would be a waste if added in the long run unless you add more depth to it to ensure that it provides solid RP.

4 minutes ago, The Pink Lion said:

This race is stale too is what I'm saying. More races = more spread out playerbase = harder time finding RP. Especially when people like you create races that are for the "individuals" rather than the crowd. This race, aside from being able to swim, adds nothing to RP aside from "ooo, cool look at that thing" which wears off fast. We've seen it with the Kha, Cervitaurs, Bryophites, and other special snowflake races. The novelty wears off fast.

I'm looking at the big picture here, not commenting just because I don't like this race. This race would be a waste if added in the long run unless you add more depth to it to ensure that it provides solid RP.

Then what are your thoughts. If you have criticism give it, give us new ideas, help out. Don't just say "Oh this won't work". If you don't like it, tell us what you think will make it better. And again: There's no reason not to add it. No code would need to be made, we already made the races lore..., literally all that needs to be said is "Okay they're a race" And we're done. Easiest thing in the world. If you think they won't work out, no big deal. No one will play them, you win. But unlike kha, nothing needs to be done for these, we've already done the work. I understand if you don't like them or don't think they'll work out, but that's no reason to say no when they won't affect you adversely in any way. In the long run though, thank you for your criticism. I'd be concerned if it was unanimous ^w^

This is not a playable creature, this is a whole new race. And this post is somewhat lacking in that regard. You need to go more in-depth about their cultural aspect and such, give people more information as to how they're expected to RP as a memeber of this race.

I personally wouldn't mind a new race to replace the Kha, but there needs to be a more in-depth lore post and of course a number of people willing to start playing as this race, you need a playerbase to begin with.

Just now, Whimsylicious said:

This is not a playable creature, this is a whole new race. And this post is somewhat lacking in that regard. You need to go more in-depth about their cultural aspect and such, give people more information as to how they're expected to RP as a memeber of this race.

I personally wouldn't mind a new race to replace the Kha, but there needs to be a more in-depth lore post and of course a number of people willing to start playing as this race, you need a playerbase to begin with.

This lore post seems to have gotten a load of people wanting to play. There's the playerbase. :)

31 minutes ago, Whimsylicious said:

This is still a playable creature.

This in no way is trying to replace someone. It's just adding something in. 
You will still need to apply for the creature. 

I love the Idea of this! I just think it would need to be a new playable race and only around for 5.0. If thats the case +1 I love it!

scales stay moist.png

May you float down the river of life with little hindrance.

Eh, everyone seems to think new map new race with all the new race lore popping up.

But this is my favorite so far.

+1

It appears that a lot of people wish for this to be a race, instead of a creature. If that is the case, and the lore-masters agree, I'm willing to work with them to create more lore and depth for these friendly guys.

Just now, TheDarkIsEternal said:

It appears that a lot of people wish for this to be a race, instead of a creature. If that is the case let me know, and I'll start working on fleshing this out a bit more, to make it more suited for a race. However if the lore-masters would rather it be an application creature, then it may remain that way.

Make it a playable creature people can make like elves and humans! It would take a great deal of work though.

Just now, Briar_Ophiuchus said:

I lke this. Not fond of the facial tendrils tho. Screams Zora or Draenei

Catfish man....don't discriminate.....

facial tendrils = wisdom

Honestly, if we do a new race come 5.0, it should be a contest, rather than just a random submission getting in.