[✗] [Lore Submission][Playable Creature] Axolotyn (5.0 Magical Creature)

Starfelt

1 minute ago, Aesopian said:

if we do a new race come 5.0

The original intentions for this was to be a playable creature, not a race. 

The author stated that if people wanted it to be a race, that is up to the Lore Masters to dictate. 

I do agree on the contest part. If it is so, my vote is already decided.

This is one of the best creature proposals I think I have ever seen, it is incredibly well planned out and I think it could find a great niche in the server. The only thing I would change is the name because it is a very direct reference to the animal it is inspired by and I would also change the races origin because it seems way too similar to the Kha. Perhaps also they have their own belief system to an aengul or daemon and they have their own type of diety magic though and the priests and priestesses are granted the gift of being able to stay under water indefinitely, I fear that if that is left as a genetic trait then too many of the players will simply choose to have the trait. Also I think that the clothing and fashion ideas could stand to take some new ideas from some creative people, but in all this race seems very fun and different than the current races that we have. So it has my full support!

44 minutes ago, Ardor said:

Catfish man....don't discriminate.....

facial tendrils = wisdom

I think it refers to axolotls, the animal that mudkip is designed after.

mudkip_vs_axolotl_by_evillittleelf209.jp

9 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

I think it refers to axolotls, the animal that mudkip is designed after.

mudkip_vs_axolotl_by_evillittleelf209.jp

Obviously, but one of the images shows whiskers....so :P

2 minutes ago, Ardor said:

Obviously, but one of the images shows whiskers....so :P

I presume it was p hard to find good art for a race like this heheh

Uh, yea, I'll take ten.

But really, this would be fun to play with. They'd go great with the new map. 

2 hours ago, _Jandy_ said:

This is one of the best creature proposals I think I have ever seen, it is incredibly well planned out and I think it could find a great niche in the server. The only thing I would change is the name because it is a very direct reference to the animal it is inspired by and I would also change the races origin because it seems way too similar to the Kha. Perhaps also they have their own belief system to an aengul or daemon and they have their own type of diety magic though and the priests and priestesses are granted the gift of being able to stay under water indefinitely, I fear that if that is left as a genetic trait then too many of the players will simply choose to have the trait. Also I think that the clothing and fashion ideas could stand to take some new ideas from some creative people, but in all this race seems very fun and different than the current races that we have. So it has my full support!

Ehhhh. The Kha are already a direct ripoff of Khajiit. So I don't see the problem.

I think you should add subtypes to the creature, like Pale is one what about like 2 more? 3 subtypes?

Updated! Added in information about the Axolotyns Knots, and Combat.

Wonderful lore and well written description of this new race. Most certainly interesting. Though the only thing I'm afraid of is that people won't play them and only few will be apart of it.  Like the kha's. But nevertheless, 1+ from me 

Fashion Updated.

Updated with a possible skin for an Axolotyn!