[✗] [Lore Submission][Playable Creature] Axolotyn (5.0 Magical Creature)

Starfelt

Well written post that I thought gave a great argument as to why they should be added. Great RP opportunities ahead. +1

~*~

post-25392-Ron-Swanson-Im-really-proud-o

Sounds awesome! I so wanna play one...but I already play 2 special races ;-;

On July 3, 2016 at 7:41 PM, Briar_Ophiuchus said:

Ehhhh. The Kha are already a direct ripoff of Khajiit. So I don't see the problem.

On the surface, you might think that but. When you look deeper, you notice differences. For one, a difference in culture, a difference in speech, a difference in personality, a difference in dress, a difference in origin, a difference in homeland, a difference in opinion on magic, and even a difference in physiology- Khajiit are like house cats, but Kha are more like wildcats.

Totally cool! Only thing is that perhaps a change of how the skin is? Make it a bit more appealing aesthetically? 

Yay! Something new to be racist against! I can't wait.

All joking aside, I really like the lore so far, and I can't wait to play one :3

I would like to see these creatures do stuff with water, I like sailing around the shores and finding things. A axolotyn tribe could help make that interesting. +1

+1 hell yeah frog-fish people. i wanna play one ;)

*splish splash* *whale noise*

The only weak thing about this is the skin. It looks too cartoonish. Make them...darker?

another peculiar race that I can hunt and impale on the new map good idea +1

Skin updated slightly, however I'm looking for a skinner to make a skin for it.
Contact me if interested.

I love this idea!

On 7/3/2016 at 2:21 PM, _Jandy_ said:

This is one of the best creature proposals I think I have ever seen, it is incredibly well planned out and I think it could find a great niche in the server. The only thing I would change is the name because it is a very direct reference to the animal it is inspired by and I would also change the races origin because it seems way too similar to the Kha. Perhaps also they have their own belief system to an aengul or daemon and they have their own type of diety magic though and the priests and priestesses are granted the gift of being able to stay under water indefinitely, I fear that if that is left as a genetic trait then too many of the players will simply choose to have the trait. Also I think that the clothing and fashion ideas could stand to take some new ideas from some creative people, but in all this race seems very fun and different than the current races that we have. So it has my full support!

Hi, first time actually commenting, this race is mostly my brainchild, and in my defense I did not think of the origin. That one was suggested by my co-creator so that people wouldn't flip out that they evolved naturally. Secondly, they do not have priests or priestesses as religion is more of a personal choice for them, and thirdly the ones that stay underwater indefinitely also have a whole buttload of other negative traits to keep it somewhat balanced. I apologize if this seems like I'm agitated I promise I'm not it's just the way I talk XD As for clothing and fashion, I do agree, but fabric is hard for amphibious races >.> Thank you for your criticism, thoughts, and support ^w^

On 7/3/2016 at 5:55 PM, someone cool said:

I think you should add subtypes to the creature, like Pale is one what about like 2 more? 3 subtypes?

Second comment ever, I'm actually going to address a quick thing that I think most people aren't getting? If anyone, I think we didn't explain it fully in the description, Axolotyn, (Name subject to change if enough people think a different name would be better,) Vary wildly in appearance. It's one of their little quirks, the reason they don't really have subspecies is because they're all different enough as it is. One might look more humanoid with some fishy traits, one might look more frog-like, hell one might even look like a crocodile to a degree. They vary quite a bit, kind of....flexible genetic structure I suppose. Part of the allure I was aiming for was the customization. Want to look like a fishman? Go ahead, just keep it within the limits of the Axolotyns universal traits. want to be Tahm Kench? Also viable. want to be an argonian? No feathers but sure. I was going for the opposite of the Kha's, "We have four variations and they're all extremely restrictive have fun!" Post Scriptum, thank you all so much for the support, I'm actually ecstatic that so many people like this race, (Though there are a few not-quite haters but I appreciate criticism too so,) Thank you all, etc etc.