[✗] Soul Stones

Ducklingator

((I always felt like this item is just an un-spoken piece of lore that nobody knows the origins of. This is partially a clarification, to ensure that everybody is knowledgeable of this mysterious item.))

The Soul Stone

A Soul Stone is an item bound to the soul of each living creature. This item may appear to be a physical object to It's owner, And thus holder, But as explained via it's name, The soul stone is nothing more than an item created and held by one's soul. It's origins are very smiliar to the monk's magic, Since the stone restores all of the items that the soul binds to the body when a monk restores a person's life. The stone also recognizes the place that a person's soul considers to be home. If the person does not particularly have a home, It considers the place to be his racial home.

At the person's wish, a stone can guide his soul and body to their so called home. This process drains some of the stone's power, but the person does not need to restore it; The stone regenerates it's own power from an unknown source. A person's home is not ((From here, the new content begins, so if this lore is denied, this will be false information. Do not instantly consider this true.)) Necessarily a town, or housing. A person's soul could be bound to any place, If the place has a special meaning for the person; A place he likes, A spot for a religion he believes in, etc. ((This is mainly due to the implementing of the freelands. Instead of having to build a pillar for a stone to be bound to, People would be able to simply SS to a random place in the world. The limitation on the amount of places that your stone can be linked to.))

The most powerful stage of a soul stone is, suprisingly, It's beginning. When the person first finds his stone, It protects him from evil forces for a two hour period, also stopping him from attacking other beings. After the short period of power, The stone weakens, and never gains that immense power back. ((The two-hour period when making your persona, when you can't be attacked nor attack. That being said, It also affects RP. So no RP fights are allowed. It would be as if you're in the cloud docks, attacks bounce off you.))

2:10

Lore for soulstones I believe

Just now, Moochael said:

2:10

Lore for soulstones I believe

Yes, but the powers of the soul stone aren't really explained.

Soulstones have never really been explained. At all. Ever. In that video is just what I was told by the Lore Team. The difficulty with trying to pin down what soulstones do is that they change as our plugins do. The use of the soulstone is purely for OOC uses. So explaining in roleplay doesn't serve a huge purpose, aside from making an unhealthy attraction to that SS.

If you experience strange feelings while using your SS, see your doctor.

Just now, Elindor said:

Soulstones have never really been explained. At all. Ever. In that video is just what I was told by the Lore Team. The difficulty with trying to pin down what soulstones do is that they change as our plugins do. The use of the soulstone is purely for OOC uses. So explaining in roleplay doesn't serve a huge purpose, aside from making an unhealthy attraction to that SS.

If you experience strange feelings while using your SS, see your doctor.

Actually, that's what I thought until I looked up the soul stones on LotC wiki. It does serve an RP purpose, Most of the people just don't mind it.

I actually believe that we shouldn't be allowed to roleplay soulstones. I always think it's goofy when someone uses a soulstone IRP. I just say "Kay gaiz, goin on a boat, peace" walk around the corner then SS.

Roleplaying a soulstone 'properly' would be stupid, and frankly is when noobs try.

I've seen people emote cringey **** like "I hold my soulstone as it takes me home!" During an RP fight rather than respond with a structured emote, either because they lack the creativity, will-power to smack the keyboard a lil bit or because they're simply incompetent. 

I know there is lore for it already, but I have always treated soul stones as completely OOC items. Their main purpose is just to teleport people home, which I've always put in my head canon as emulating them travelling home themselves on foot. Other than that their used when people die in combat and the opponent only wants some or none of their loot.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the lore you wrote, it's quite well written, but I feel it's just a bit redundant. If we give more in depth lore to soul stones, I fear that in the future, although unlikely, it could be used to justify people soul stoning from combat, both pvp and rp.

4 hours ago, Grubgoth Wud said:

-snip-

3 hours ago, Shalashask said:

If we give more in depth lore to soul stones, I fear that in the future, although unlikely, it could be used to justify people soul stoning from combat, both pvp and rp.

You may not use a soulstone or fast travel to escape roleplay or PvP. <- That's directly from the rules. It would be easy to edit the lore so that soulstones can't be used in places where the person can't concentrate or something along those lines, making it unable to be used in combat.

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

The lore doesn't go into much detail on why and in what ways the soulstone works, more so what it does. Soulstones are mainly an OOC mechanism to allow quick travel, and the plugin might keep changing over time as it has before. As such, have been deliberately left vague for the purposes of OOC mechanics. The lore seems incomplete and is not necessary for the item in question, it might create more problems by accepting it, than by leaving it vague.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.