[✗] The Gazh-Nûlum (Orc Sub-Race/ET Proposal)

Smaw

Intro:

Just something I thought I'd throw together to come with my LT App. If it feels rushed that's because it is (sorry) and I'll work on the cracks when I have some free time.

For the most part I've left out a large part of what comprised of the history, and indeed some more specific elements of the magic contained within. This is to allow it to develop organically if given the chance to be used within RP, and because I would like the ET to utilise this group and potentially allow them to become available to the playerbase with the release of the latter of the two magics detailed in this post, which will be submitted in due course.

(But not by me)

The Uruk of Daguur'Numh

ae43baf7dc5a3836cd0059a911d581ef.png

"Nagzig throtar, Mazagesh..."

Daguur'Numh, a land as vast and unforgiving as the scorching Desert that contains its terrible blight. This ashen landscape offers no solace within, and is littered with dangerous pools of acid, producing a smog that permeates the air and lungs of the inhabitants of this foul world.

The canyon within the centre of the land serves as a scar within a scar, where the tortured inhabitants wander in regret and sorrow as husks of their former selves. These Uruk pre-date those of the Vailorian Orcs, and have suffered greatly in isolation on Axios for many decades. This inhospitable land has allowed them to remain undetected for such lengths of time, protected by the poisonous clouds that loom over them, a warning to the outside world.

Their culture is almost alien to the Orcs of the modern day, comprising of horrific depictions and political deception, all stemming from the influence of the Great Betrayer, Vaasek.

History

2e6a366405e2ae44beadbe6530276d2f.png

"We have been betrayed, brother..."

The Uruk of Daguur'Numh descend from the Tribe of Keztag, an Empire under the son of Krug, Balzug who went on to discover and populate many lands outside of Morghuun, the Orcish homeland.

In particular, these Uruk revered Ghorza, the Spirit of Travel, for many years upon their arrival into Axios. They soon settled into the brimming Jungle of the Southern Isle. However, as time and seclusion further influenced their society, they began to neglect the idea of travel, and became reclusive within the harsh confides of the Jungle.

As these Uruk withdrew, they lost contact with the Spirits, and quickly spiraled into despair. They became disorganised and hostile to one another, and debased their society into one of clan conflict. This degradation would only continue under a slower, more deceptive guise with the arrival of Membalek, a loyal servant of the Daemon, Vaasek. 

Under a fiendish visage, he presented himself as a Spirit, and manipulated the Uruk. They began to dabble in the dark and mysterious crafts of Dark Shamanism, an art that was not conjured to assist them, but rather to diminish and weaken them further; all the while convincing them of progress.

It was the teachings and keen deception of Membalek that caused these people to wither, and in their blind faith they saw not despair in their weakened state, but evolution. At first they began to grow thinner, weaker, and even grew horns in place of the tusks they had once worn proudly as a symbol of strength. In this place, their ability to utilise magic grew exponentially, and their intelligence began to rise to unprecedented levels.

But soon their skin darkened with a thick black, just as the sky above, allowing little light to permeate their skin. Sickness followed, and the prolonged use of this Dark Art would also render their land near-inhospitable, broken and beaten by the forced labour of Spirits.

And when Vaasek had finished with them, they were left to stew in their own filth.

Physical Description

9914d014fb5b963d442d6033912e3f61.png 

The Uruk of Daguur'Numh often reach heights of 8 to 9 feet, and are seldom hunched in their day-to-day posture. However, the muscle on their bodies hangs meekly under ashen skin, offering little use outside of the most basic of motor functions. They are not particularly proficient in physical combat, and must use their form of Shamanism with caution when confronted with danger.

All of these Uruk have blackened skin from exposure to their environment, which has been misshapen and corrupted by the Dark Art wrought upon the land by Vaasek. Additionally, they do not often grow tusks, and any that are present are not of considerable size. This in turn allows them to speak common with ease, and they do not have the same issue that is presented to other Uruk. Instead, horns protrude from their heads, perhaps an affront to the opposite nature of their lives, compared to their stalwart cousins.

Typically, these Uruk adorn themselves in dark colours such as deep reds and purples, meshed with the usual shade of black they are so enamored by. The materials they wear are usually accompanied by metal plates that they wear over certain points of their body, such as the ankles, knees and wrists. On one end it serves as protection, and on another it is the element it is made from that dictates their place in society.

They are particularly fond of jewels, and encrust these into their armaments which are specifically designed to work with spell-casting in mind. Their armour is most often comprised of blackened steel and chain, and will contain the most valuable gems they can afford.

But perhaps the most valuable asset to an Uruk of Daguur'Numh is his sharp intelligence.

Mentality

61a0aff9e2c9bfcf4acde81b18e017cc.png

These Uruk are far more cruel and unforgiving than their brethren, and this is mostly due to the latent corruption that influenced their people. They do not often succumb to the boon of honour, having both their blessing and curse manipulated and distorted by their Ancient Art.

These tortured people want nothing more than to escape the harsh reality they are exposed to, and desperately seek a means to prevent the corruption of their homeland. It is this powerful determination to find solace that drives these Uruk to explore the darkest recesses of their mind in order to manipulate and overpower their foes, and unresolved murder is common place across the land.

In their usual activities they often try to compete with one another through their intelligence, and are very judging of one another both mentally and physically. Their appearance and plated clothing serve as a stark reminder of their place within society, and to lack in this field could spell doom for the one so useless as to be poor.

Their arrogance is the basis of their society, from which all things stem and are shaped. Yet they understand the importance of union in their trying times, and work together under the banner that they use to refer to themselves: Gazh-Nûlum; the Betrayed.

Society and Hierarchy 

0b9bceac7bb57c9a2a72682085982ad3.png

These Uruk pride their intelligence and magic ability above all else, and so naturally the one most proficient in both of these fields becomes the leader of the nation. He is often old, having amassed many years of experience and magical affinity in order to overcome his competitors. 

He is also typically the most conniving and cruel of his people, having used his inner darkness to climb the ranks of the political game; for in the land of Daguur'Numh, there is little room for positivity. 

The leader rules with an iron first, and forces his subjects into laborious obedience, making them work tirelessly and often endangering their lives in the name of magical progression. In an attempt to reverse the process of their Dark Shamanism, they have instead stepped further into the decaying process of this Dark Art, and many who do not succumb to insanity are at least influenced by it. 

Below the leader sits his council, a people of equal cruelty, who find mirth most often in the suffering of others. It is this Doom Council that oversees the work of those in the bottom ranks of society, and with a scornful glare, tire them to the farthest reaches of Dark Shamanism in an attempt to understand it at its core.

However, such exploration is known well as a point of no return, and those that consume too many Spirits tear their physical bodies asunder from the Mortal realm, turning into dark apparitions that wander the land and haunt the living, casting a looming evil that strikes back at those who drove them to the brink of madness.

For this reason the Council is not often comprised of the same members for long, and the graves of the council chamber are on the verge of overflow.

Recent Events

f84e49fb88a6369fa88aba5f19b8b87f.png

Recently, a man stumbled upon the land, utilising a mysterious and slow form of Druidism to enter the canyon.

When approached, he warded himself from the Dark Arts of the Uruk, and revealed to them a method through which they might reverse their corruption. Reluctantly, the Gazh-Nûlum accepted his help, and are seeking to cleanse their destroyed home.

nuh-uh. no.

sory i dont like this one

Yes please

1 hour ago, Smaw said:

a mysterious and slow form of Druidism

Explain please.

Just now, Sky said:

Explain please.

It's not my place to extrapolate but all will be revealed in due course.

Use my arbiter lore do it do it do it. (Don't though. It is problematic.) In order to understand this more I hope to see the magic lore as well. Let's face it magic lore always gives me the jingles.

I see this is derived from Hellfiazz and my concept for a new Orcish subrace proposed some time ago. Preferably, I would like to have seen you come to me before employing it so I can help out with it a little, but as it is it seems pretty good in design. Do you plan on allowing this to be an actual subrace for players to play, or just event-oriented?

I'm not fond of some abstract Druidism thing without getting clarification on it either publicly or privately. That puts up a major red-flag, for me.

I like this. A lot. 

17 hours ago, Swgrclan said:

I see this is derived from Hellfiazz and my concept for a new Orcish subrace proposed some time ago. Preferably, I would like to have seen you come to me before employing it so I can help out with it a little, but as it is it seems pretty good in design. Do you plan on allowing this to be an actual subrace for players to play, or just event-oriented?

Hmm, well it's not exactly an original concept. I'm sure more than two people could have considered it at the same time. Either way, I was aware that Hellfiazz had a similar interest when we spoke on it, but wasn't aware he was interested in pursuing it at this time.

If you'd like to assist in any way you're more than welcome to message me regarding it. As per the intro there's much to work on and flesh out.

Ideally it would start with a small event and then be open to the ordinary RP'er.

I'm not fond of some abstract Druidism thing without getting clarification on it either publicly or privately. That puts up a major red-flag, for me. @Corvoo

It's not exactly my place to expand on it, as I said above. It's not my lore, it's something written by another, who doesn't wish to publicise it just yet. I can put you in contact with him if you wish.

This post isn't intended to be a means for that to be accepted, it was a tangible aspect of the progressive story that can be altered according to how the Druid lore is received. 

I see potential in this allowing more variety in the Orcish kind. In my thoughts, how I picture this would be similar to a Snow Elf being a counterpart to a High Elf.

This is good.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.