[✗] [Lore Proposal] The Dragon's Curse

Demotheus

Just now, Dio said:

Maybe if they interacted with certain people over certain issues time and time again, those issues would become associated with that person?

Elaborate a bit, please?

One of the cursed continuously has to fight with a small group of settlers for control of a piece of land. Said settlers become associated with the idea of pillaging and land theft. Whenever they see them from then on, they see them in light of their fighting over land with them. Perhaps they meet a certain thief many times, and in the future that person becomes associated as 'a thief'.

Just now, Dio said:

One of the cursed continuously has to fight with a small group of settlers for control of a piece of land. Said settlers become associated with the idea of pillaging and land theft. Whenever they see them from then on, they see them in light of their fighting over land with them. Perhaps they meet a certain thief many times, and in the future that person becomes associated as 'a thief'.

I see what you mean, then. I could definitely do some serious revising without destroying the central theme of the lore in this vein of thought. I'll be going over it soon, then.

2 hours ago, Demotheus said:

-snip-

My point is that this curse is exclusively psychological, which means all it really does is change your personality traits, which makes the influence of the curse subjective if not undetectable.

It definitely looks interesting, however I feel like with the forgetfulness this would lead to one-dimentional characters who can do very little in terms of character development. Thus they would become very NPC-like. That is my main concern.

Also the constant comparisons to frost witches seem a bit out of place. I think this is sufficiently different to the frost witch curse that such comparisons aren't neccessary to be repeated.

I've made some changes with allowing character development in mind. Added a small list of possible additions that aren't "canon" to what I'm doing but could be if it would make the lore better. Basically, stuff I don't think would fly.

I also added a bit about how cursing someone works with regards to the relationship going forward.

How's a twisted spirit relate to Dragonkin-esque boons? I felt like I was reading a season of Teen Wolf. 

Just now, ScubaSteveee said:

How's a twisted spirit relate to Dragonkin-esque boons? I felt like I was reading a season of Teen Wolf. 

Idk man. What's a winter spirit got to do with feeling bad for sad women? Not a whole lot.

Adding something in such as "supreme reflexes" and anything classified as unbelievably agile will always lend itself to PG and not be looked at in a positive light when it comes to RP.  Tread carefully with the augmentation of physical ability, especially if you plan to use this on a weakened mage. 

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 5:22 PM, Sir K Andruske said:

Adding something in such as "supreme reflexes" and anything classified as unbelievably agile will always lend itself to PG and not be looked at in a positive light when it comes to RP.  Tread carefully with the augmentation of physical ability, especially if you plan to use this on a weakened mage. 

They aren't unbelievably agile. The reflexes lend themselves to their senses. They're not likely to be surprised and can react unless their senses are somehow incapacitated to most things. As far as if they're a weakened mage, mages can have fast reflexes. So I don't see the point. Having fast reflexes doesn't necessarily mean overall success. Other factors go into it as well.

The problem with saying a power grants "increased reflexes" or whatever is that it leaves us with no baseline. We all know what a regular human is capable of doing, but the line becomes blurry when its a human with "enhanced agility." How enhanced? We have no idea because there's no scale for 'agility.' The only measuring tool we have is our knowledge of what real humans are capable of doing and thus we can't accurately measure how agile is too agile. Being able to jump 3.5 feet instead of 3.3 feet is very different from being able to jump 10 feet instead of 3.3 feet. With a vague "better agility" that is just asking for people to overdo it and powergame because they have no ooc idea of their own rp abilities.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.