Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Pink Lion

LT Update Log + Announcement - July

20 posts in this topic

LT Update Log - July

Spoiler

Hello again! It's been another month now, so I'm here to announce what the LT is currently planning along with what we've done in the past month.

New Members and Managers

The first round of lore trials has been conducted and we have taken on a handful of new members! There will be another round for those that were not available during the first one, but still expressed interest in joining.

New members:

Spoiler

Lore Sect:

bestscarface76 | @Данстан

recibe | @emma !!

Vaynth | @Vaynth

SpiffyTaylor | @Unkindled

Chihiros | @fighting evil by moonlight

Magic Sect:

Toxzero | @Tox

SpiffyTaylor | @Unkindled

Ski_King3 | @ski_king3

The new managers are as follows:

Spoiler

Niv_Mizzet | @ArcanicFable - Lore Sect

Toodles | @Toodles78 - Magic Sect

Ski_King3 | @ski_king3 - General

Announcement: Magic Lore Acceptance - On Hold!

After reviewing the responses made on the "Your View: Magic" thread, along with the google form I have been passing out and feedback from the lore team, I have gotten permission to put all new magic acceptances on hold. This will be in effect starting in two weeks, to give time for all the current submissions and submissions nearly ready to be submitted to be reviewed. The cut off date is 8/18/17 and when this is put into place, the team will deliberate on the issues that many have been raised recently. We will not only be discussing requirements for accepting future magic lore, but we will also be taking a look at the current magics/creatures that we have on the server to sort out any issues that there are with it.

Your Views

As stated above, we are taking a closer look at magic/creatures and the issues that they bear at the moment. More Your Views regarding this topic will be coming out over the following two weeks, so be on the lookout for that. This is to give us the necessary feedback that we need to fuel our discussions on the topic once we put magic lore acceptance on hold. While we're here, please fill this out if you have the time: https://goo.gl/forms/zYISnx6D7KoynBj82 

Updating Things

We have currently written up the missing lore for the evocations and a few other pieces and will be posting them publicly soon. In addition to this, we will be beginning our sweep on the magic guides, along with creating a few guides specifically geared towards new players and non-magic users. These will be made so that players can have an understanding at how magic in general works, what restrictions there are so you can spot powergaming, and things of that nature. It will be streamlined so you won’t be required to read every single magic piece to have an understanding of it, I’m hoping this will help.

Alchemy

Before Meg left the team, she started a project aimed at alchemy and their creations. I intend to have this taken up once more by a few members of the current team. While I do not know the specifics of what we will be aiming to accomplish, there will be a post about it coming out later. We will be reaching out to players involved in this area of RP as well to gather feedback and discuss issues that have been raised.

Misc.

• A bulk of the work this month has been revolving around clearing out pending lore, along with working on 6.0 region lore. With the added members, we aim to finish this project up shortly.
  • After a discussion with drfate, I will be bringing back my idea to implement a subforum dedicated to people posting WIP lore/concepts that are looking for feedback from the lore team. I will be speaking with the admins to get this set up which should hopefully be done by the end of the weekend.
  • With the return of Divine from his IRL duties and the acceptance of the shamanism lore, we will be looking into shamanism and how to help rekindle it in the orc community as we are aware of some of the issues raised. I will be reaching out to some of the leadership over the weekend and discussing this, so hopefully we can get to some kind of consensus.

yes

Very happy with all the work being done right now by the LT/MT. Looking forward to less magic oversaturation and fewer, but higher quality magics.

I assume my guide is a-okay sooooo free advertisement! 

1 minute ago, Evocress said:

If I can ask, with no new magic lore accepted - what about magical rewrites?

Those will be fine and can be submitted whenever.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My gripe is that all the people you chose have magical associations, but what can be done. I'm glad things aren't being over-hyped, best of luck  with what comes next, decisions like these aren't easy. 

37 minutes ago, John Wick said:

My gripe is that all the people you chose have magical associations, but what can be done. I'm glad things aren't being over-hyped, best of luck  with what comes next, decisions like these aren't easy. 

I'll have you know I have an unhealthy obsession with martial arts, both European and Asian.

What about the current magics on the server and balancing them?

Most powerful warrior should = most powerful mage on LoTC, but that's simply not the case due to the power of magic IRP. It's almost impossible to do RP combat with a mage because they'll completely ******* roast you in a few emotes while you can't even get close to them.

atleast with mechanical standard mages had to play by the same rules as everyone else kek

30 minutes ago, 🅿🆁🅸🅲🅴🅵🅻🅰🆂🅷 said:

Most powerful warrior should = most powerful mage on LoTC, but that's simply not the case due to the power of magic IRP. It's almost impossible to do RP combat with a mage because they'll completely ******* roast you in a few emotes while you can't even get close to them.

atleast with mechanical standard mages had to play by the same rules as everyone else kek

Why? A person that's typically just this 30 year old human, against the masterful, almighty super-archon who was around since Aegis and studied for years on years on years? Where and why do you see those two people on equal grounds?

1 hour ago, 🅿🆁🅸🅲🅴🅵🅻🅰🆂🅷 said:

Part of what we're doing during the time of no accepting new magic lore will be reviewing existing magics, worry not. The community has spoken in the recent Your View: Magic, and I assure you that we're listening.

1 hour ago, SuperDuckyGamer said:

Why? A person that's typically just this 30 year old human, against the masterful, almighty super-archon who was around since Aegis and studied for years on years on years? Where and why do you see those two people on equal grounds?

Because the intent of magic on LoTC has always been the most powerful mage of a magic = the strongest warrior, or at the very least for the past few years.

There used to be a lot of much more powerful mages who could take on entire armies, but it was decided that wasn't really what the server needed or something so the "strongest mage = strongest warrior" guideline was established.

Event creatures are a different thing but a ******* player should not be more powerful than a legionnaire captain with over 200 years of military experience.

32 minutes ago, 🅿🆁🅸🅲🅴🅵🅻🅰🆂🅷 said:

Because the intent of magic on LoTC has always been the most powerful mage of a magic = the strongest warrior, or at the very least for the past few years.

There used to be a lot of much more powerful mages who could take on entire armies, but it was decided that wasn't really what the server needed or something so the "strongest mage = strongest warrior" guideline was established.

Event creatures are a different thing but a ******* player should not be more powerful than a legionnaire captain with over 200 years of military experience.

Regardless of the fact most- if not all- mages are easy to beat if you don't stand around doing absolutely nothing in the three whole emotes of vulnerability the mage has to do, most; if not all; "legionnaire captains with over 200 years of military experience" can be created in two and a half seconds. You don't need any background, anything; just go to persona creation, make a 250 years old elf, and start grinding for pvp gear. You need to wait, actual time, and train, actual roleplay, to become a stronger mage. And I'm not talking about days or weeks, there are whole months you need to roleplay in before you reach tiers four or five.

Also, I don't know who's saying strongest mage should = strongest warrior, but I'm really against that. It's a bad concept, especially with the fact "Mage" Isn't just this and that, because there are alot of different magics not everybody knows, there's alot of different races for warriors/whatever, etc.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, SuperDuckyGamer said:

Regardless of the fact most- if not all- mages are easy to beat if you don't stand around doing absolutely nothing in the three whole emotes of vulnerability the mage has to do, most; if not all; "legionnaire captains with over 200 years of military experience" can be created in two and a half seconds. You don't need any background, anything; just go to persona creation, make a 250 years old elf, and start grinding for pvp gear. You need to wait, actual time, and train, actual roleplay, to become a stronger mage. And I'm not talking about days or weeks, there are whole months you need to roleplay in before you reach tiers four or five.

Also, I don't know who's saying strongest mage should = strongest warrior, but I'm really against that. It's a bad concept, especially with the fact "Mage" Isn't just this and that, because there are alot of different magics not everybody knows, there's alot of different races for warriors/whatever, etc.

lol pretty much every mage just rps getting more powerful with out rping the training because the training is boring as ****

also lol good luck getting within 5 ft of a mage without getting blown away set on fire and blown into a pile of ash within 5 seconds 

you shouldn't be able to apply for a license to powergame which is basically what magic is atm

Edited by 🅿🆁🅸🅲🅴🅵🅻🅰🆂🅷
autism