Dawsy

The King's Ultimatum

The King’s Ultimatum

300px-DevereuxCoatOfArms_copy-1.png.069dec08e1ceb8dfc8681928687600b7.png

Issued and Confirmed by the Curonian Royal Council on the 16th of the Grand Harvest 1716

We the people of Curon have been lied to, deceived, manipulated, and misled. We have been used as pawns in the game of greed and powerlust. We were told, by Joseph of Marna, that we were fighting for our freedom and independence. When we joined his cause, he threatened us, he took our King hostage under the guise of tutelage, and he forced us to join his war, which was guided by naught but his own power driven desire for imperium. Despite all of this, Joseph promised us victory, and we believed him. But even in this promise, he failed to deliver.

Thus we, the people of Curon, deliver this ultimatum, outlining our demands to Joseph of Marna. 

We demand a sincere and public apology for your deception of our people, your mistreatment and intimidation of our King, and the vassalization you forced upon us. 

We demand that you recognize our independence from the Holy Orenian Empire.

We demand signed documentation releasing us from all political and military obligations to your empire and its constituents.

We demand the immediate release of any claims of custody to King Alfred II Edgar of House Devereux.

We demand signed documentation releasing any and all claims and Casus Belli by the Empire of Oren and its constituents against the Kingdom of Curonia. 

We demand that nothing less than the full extent of our demands be met. We shall accept nothing less.

Signed,

King Alfred II Edgar of the House of Devereux

Prince Ecbert of House of Devereux

Prince Arthos of House of Devereux

Ser Graham of House Milner, Grand Knight of the Ursus

Ser Vitharr of Clan Ulfurtonn, Grandmaster of the Curonian Royal Army

Ser Charles of House Montagne, Lord Viceroy of Curonia

Lord Cecil of House Halcourt, Lord Justicar of the Kingdom of Curonia

Lady Klaudia of House Novaux, Lord Steward of the Kingdom of Curonia

CuronWaxSeal.png.2c537f5459a5809762ed6eca3604a2b1.png

“Empires are always the same. Of course they want you under their heel. So does Renatus. I doubt you’ll get to do anything but choose the lesser of the evils, but I hope for your best.” remarks a bitter dark elf.

Prince Arthos reads the document, giving a proud nod. “Ave Curon!”

“Ave Curonia.” A Gorundyr man nodded. Remembering a certain rule of religion that Marna held. 

Xavis grumbles and taps his quarterstaff on the ground ”Humans... they never change.”

Ecbie signs

Matthias frowned.

“You lose ONE battle, and you decide to toss the war? Where is your determination? Your vigor? Your loyalty? Would you have still been loyal if we won? Your king was not held hostage but was given a lesson since the lad had no experience, wet behind the ears. Measure twice, cut once; So look twice before you speak and say something foolish.”

At his home in Guise, Henri shook his head as a print copy of the Ultimatum made its way through his doors.

“I can see why they have chosen this new path, but I know not why they have slandered their friends.”

“Ave  curon!” Eric said as he mutterd, helping the wounded recover from the lost battle 

Posted (edited)

“Cowards.” Hannibal shook his head. “I was hoping for an even war. Who are you?”

Edited by NoZaku

"Good" solaire states as he approaches his homestead "they know why i sacrificed my life now". He lights a cigar, watching the Sun set.

Young Prince Aeluin swiped the ultimatum off his uncle's desk, giving it a quick read before crumbling it with a sigh. "Disloyal, cowardly opportunists like most valah," he mutters, tossing the ultimatum across the room.

Celest nods as she reads the ultimatum. “Ave Curonia” 

Natalia lifts from her bed, reading the declaration “Ah, finally. Blasted war was never about joining another Empire.” Coughing as she layed back down, finally resting more at peace knowing that the truth was now actually being told.