[✗] [CA Race Lore] - Kharajyr

EnderMaiashiro

I think a kha would eventually get used to having its tail cut off enough to where they could eventually stand on their own, but more athletic feats would be impossible. Just like gumans who have their big toes cut off. @EnderMaiashiro

2 hours ago, SoulReapingWolf said:

In the Original Lore it’s unclear with which descendands Metztli did the experiments that lead to the creation of the Kharajyr, with this rewrite we aim to fix this problem and make it clear, as she was looking to create a “perfect” race we’ve chosen the elves which usually are seen as “superior” in fantasy worlds.

Ah but weren't their life expectancies always the same as or slightly longer than humans? 

As a casual Kha player I take issue with several redlines. 

No alcohol is a stupid rule as social drinking is a very common non-combat RP scenario. 

No heavy armor is super super lame. Of course they wouldn’t be as agile with it on but to outright ban it?

And why such a heavy enforcement on the dialect when in character is where you should be enforcing non-washing? A lot of the kha accent has most definitely been cultural up to this point. Sure they might sound different but Orcs can sound pretty mundane if they really choose to as well (I believe).

Not thrilled with how tight the lid on this lore box is. You aren’t leaving room for casual kha players like me to pick up their well defined characters anymore.

edit: I read it again. Why are cultural points being added as redlines and why are mechanics being added for this race? No other race complies to mechanic standards. This lore piece feels like it is presenting a very specific vision of Kha. It would be so easy to write this lore piece without all this constricting redlines.

5 hours ago, Bananasaurus said:

I think a kha would eventually get used to having its tail cut off enough to where they could eventually stand on their own, but more athletic feats would be impossible. Just like gumans who have their big toes cut off. @EnderMaiashiro

This could be considered or they could take the prosthethic path? But I'm sure Ender will reply shortly.

4 hours ago, Demotheus said:

Ah but weren't their life expectancies always the same as or slightly longer than humans? 

Their age was similar but there never was a reasoning to it. After reading the lore it seemed highly unlikely for a "goddess" to create a perfect race and have them have the same lifespan of a race that has been cursed with short life and its mentioned in the original lore that metztli started doing this experiments when aeguls and daemons still roamed the lands which leads us to think that the creation of the Kharajyr happened before the ibless war thus before the mortality curse.

1 minute ago, BrandNewKitten said:

And why such a heavy enforcement on the dialect when in character is where you should be enforcing non-washing?

This one is the only one I don't agree with you on, the same way as the tusks of an orc affect his speach the fangs and canines of a kha and their maw affect the speech of a Kha, kha that where raised in other cultures however tend to adopt a different accent. For example a kha that was raised among dwarves might have a combination of their accents with a bit more dwarf prominent one. 

The other redlines we are wprking on to make the race enjoyable and not a pain. Thanks for your feedback we'll get working on fixing some of this.

5 minutes ago, BrandNewKitten said:

No heavy armor is super super lame. Of course they wouldn’t be as agile with it on but to outright ban it?

This one is a bit hard to enforce to be honest, and there are not instructions on overheating and its not something I've seen anyone in the server rp yet, I think we'll make it so kaybe they can wear it but are still clumsy and feel heavy with it given the whole race is more of a agile and speed reliant race.

I don’t see anything regarding this specifically as a red line but are we meant to assume that they still carry the Elven curse of infertility? It should probably be explicitly written in the red lines if that’s the case.  

4 minutes ago, Demotheus said:

I don’t see anything regarding this specifically as a red line but are we meant to assume that they still carry the Elven curse of infertility? It should probably be explicitly written in the red lines if that’s the case.  

As it happened before Ibless cursed the descendants we are hesitant to touch the curses. But we'll be asking and working woth the Lore sect for this piece to make as much sense and to fit the server the best eay posible.

8 hours ago, Bananasaurus said:

I suppose so, however the issue comes that they stand on two bent legs on pseudo-small paws. On all 4s they would be fine however on 2 they would have minimal balance or traction so even walking could prove to be a feat. Meanwhile people have straighter legs with more surface area on their feet, allowing them to maintain balance and traction at the same time as walking, climbing, ect.

4 minutes ago, bepis said:

Remove the alchohol redline, it’s stupid

Keep the alcohol redline. Don't listen to this guy he plays an arcane wizard kha I'm pretty sure that's a kha sin or something. 

I hate kha and this rewrite makes me hate them even more. It’s far too overbearing for it to be a race submission. They’re even more akin to cats now, and there is a stupid amount of nonsense added to the redlines. Can’t drink alcohol, can’t remove their tail, it’s very very silly. If this rewrite were to be accepted as is, a group of bandits could begin a kha purge simply by removing their tails. I have to wonder if the kha playerbase as a whole was spoken to about this rewrite, because if the majority of them are okay with this overbearing and controlling cultural nonsense, you can consider me baffled. 

1 hour ago, TheAlphaMoist said:

I hate kha and this rewrite makes me hate them even more. It’s far too overbearing for it to be a race submission. They’re even more akin to cats now, and there is a stupid amount of nonsense added to the redlines. Can’t drink alcohol, can’t remove their tail, it’s very very silly. If this rewrite were to be accepted as is, a group of bandits could begin a kha purge simply by removing their tails. I have to wonder if the kha playerbase as a whole was spoken to about this rewrite, because if the majority of them are okay with this overbearing and controlling cultural nonsense, you can consider me baffled. 

Its a good thing this is a draft and the idea of posting the lore os for you and other people to give constructive criticism. We've heard some of tbe positions on some of the redlines and we've been making edits along the way. We asked the kha players their opinion on their rewrite and to lend a hand in it and some helped others didnt.

Thanks for the feedback.

the fact people hate Kha lore because it is so vague and now there is an attempt at clearing it up. There were a couple of helpful ST and members helping out trying to better it all.

Something tells me that if it was up to some they would rather shelve or entirely delete entire lore instead of trying to better it which is a shame. So it seems that this doesn’t hit everyone’s favor and that will be worked on

18 hours ago, EnderMaiashiro said:

a race of elves, and a race of feral cats mixed as one.

so they are infertile too because of the curses, yeah?

- A non-Kha’Tigrasi submerged in water retains an incredible water weight given their fur coat. This slows them, and causes great loss of agility after drenched unless dried.

a pointless debuff tbh, its not really necessary

- A Kha’ with a removed or ‘docked’ tail retain no ability to balance. All agility is lost should this occur, and the Kharajyr will commonly fall even while standing still without their tail.

so if you cut off their tail, can it regrow by itself?  Can you have a golemancy prosthetic tail?  An animati prosthetic?  Or is this permanent.

- A Kha’Cheetrah will never run as fast as their real-life counterpart. It is better comparable to an Olympic sprinter.

specify this

- Kha’ aged 0-5 must walk on all fours as a typical cat. They may not speak and do not progress the same as elven counterparts would as a child. Progression begins at the age of 10.

I get where you’re coming from but this is gonna turn into some uwu ****

- Kharajyr must be taught to enjoy the water. It is a learned concept, bathing with water instead of by the tongue; it is considered rude to clean themselves with their tongue in the company of others, as well.

The first part is fine, but I’ll advise you make a culture section for the latter half of this, it really doesn’t fit as a mental descriptor.

Nightsight

A Kharajyr is equipped with the advanced photoreceptors of a feline and therefore have the natural ability to maintain visibility in low light. Total darkness in an enclosed space does not allow vision, however, under the cover of starlight alone, a Kharajyr can see clearly in the dark.

I’ll be straight chief, this is really only here for flavor for what it looks like.  Mechanically, nobody enforces darkness in RP.

Acute Hearing

A Kharajyr is equipped with acute hearing and jointed ears, allowing them to turn towards the direction of the desired focus. When rotated in the proper direction, a Kharajyr is capable of superior hearing and can hear #quite chat more easily, including #whispers.

yeah, you’re gonna not only have to get the LT to vote yes on this, but also somehow we’ll have to sit down with the dev team and they hate doing anything or being spoken to

32 minutes ago, Dardonas said:

so they are infertile too because of the curses, yeah?

a pointless debuff tbh, its not really necessary

so if you cut off their tail, can it regrow by itself?  Can you have a golemancy prosthetic tail?  An animati prosthetic?  Or is this permanent.

specify this

I get where you’re coming from but this is gonna turn into some uwu ****

The first part is fine, but I’ll advise you make a culture section for the latter half of this, it really doesn’t fit as a mental descriptor.

I’ll be straight chief, this is really only here for flavor for what it looks like.  Mechanically, nobody enforces darkness in RP.

yeah, you’re gonna not only have to get the LT to vote yes on this, but also somehow we’ll have to sit down with the dev team and they hate doing anything or being spoken to

Thanks for the feedback tbh I think I agree with most of the points you raised. We'll need to make sure some of them are clearer and consider maybe removing the ones might be pointless. (The Kha not being able to walk properly however has been in the lore for some time now so I don't know if it can be changed.)