Moderation's {Late} Update - January 2020

Tigergiri

I'm probably not the best one go say stuff about the community team taking ban appeals, but I feel it's better that we are doing them as it eliminates some bias. I don't know if it's really any different from when the mods handled the appeals and we've been doing it for a little while now and no one has complained about it(from what I've seen) so far so I'd say we are doing a good enough job at it. It's still semi-new to is but we will figure if all out in due time 

Dont take away mod duties. JUst make it so a different mod from the one who had to handle the ban has to take care of the appeal.

1 hour ago, MeteorDragon said:

that we are doing them as it eliminates some bias

As I told Telanir when he introduced this idea when I was a mod manager, you’re making a solution to a problem that simply isn’t there. 

90% of appeals are accepted because the person appeals on their date. The only appeals that get denied are the ones where the person puts in 0 effort or passes the blame on. 

This was change for the sake of change that was shoved down our throats because Telanir had another /great/ idea he felt /had/ to be implemented. 

This will come off negative but is meant to be taken as constructive criticism. Your post is filled with grammatical errors and incomplete sentences. No one expects perfection when it comes to a LotC forum post, but there’s an issue when a post is more of a struggle to read than a pleasure. 

You randomly capitalize words that don’t need it. IE: “ As told by The leading lady ” and “With our new system Warning points are 

You misuse commas by either placing them where they aren’t needed or not placing them where they are needed. IE: “You cried. We answered! ” and “Moderation is no longer handling Charter issues, that go to a focus group within the World.” and “If you have died, and are back in the same spot make the modreq in that location explaining in detail when and where it happened!”

Some sentences are incomplete and/or incoherent. IE: “ If you are lagging or scared of a SS. ” and “With the bottom of my heart, all teams are trying”  

And you use the wrong homophone(s). IE:”I would like to put a friendly reminder to the few that it hasn’t gotten around too. ”

The misuse of verbs and matching them with your subject. IE: “Meetings for this project is fast and productive” and “ If you are Charter issues, such as 

While your intention is good at ensuring information gets to the public, the delivery is mired full of the above issues. It’s also complicated by some of the inside/”funny” jokes that are thrown about that the public isn’t in tune with. IE: All of the multiclassing/Karen/Coming back from the dead nonsense.

(I’m not going to point out all of the issues, just a few to show that there is an issue.)

I know that, in the past, it was encouraged for directors and managers to have their posts ran by Telanir before posting to ensure a certain “tone” was being set forth to the players. While Telanir may be missing, it may be a good idea to have others proofread posts in the future. Once more, this isn’t to harp but to point out a glaring issue that detracts from your post. No one’s perfect  (as I’m sure I’ve made my own mistakes in this very post) but I think this post could read easier and better, and hopefully future posts will.

if anything ct’s are more bias than mods bc they have less of an impact on the server so they think they can permit themselves to be biased without disrupting the server as much @MeteorDragon

wish telanir would leave the building

18 hours ago, Tigergiri said:

Pun ~ Departed from the building

Don’t you mean, booted out by a reluctant administration forced to do so by the community?

9 minutes ago, ReveredOwl said:

Don’t you mean, booted out by a reluctant administration forced to do so by the community?

I was trying to be nice...

1 minute ago, Tigergiri said:

Don’t know why being nice to this type of person would even cross your mind.

1 minute ago, ReveredOwl said:

Don’t know why being nice to this type of person would even cross your mind.

We are all human, we all deserve some level of respect and transparencies. 

1 hour ago, Bvie said:

This will come off negative but is meant to be taken as constructive criticism. Your post is filled with grammatical errors and incomplete sentences. No one expects perfection when it comes to a LotC forum post, but there’s an issue when a post is more of a struggle to read than a pleasure. 

You randomly capitalize words that don’t need it. IE: “ As told by The leading lady ” and “With our new system Warning points are 

You misuse commas by either placing them where they aren’t needed or not placing them where they are needed. IE: “You cried. We answered! ” and “Moderation is no longer handling Charter issues, that go to a focus group within the World.” and “If you have died, and are back in the same spot make the modreq in that location explaining in detail when and where it happened!”

Some sentences are incomplete and/or incoherent. IE: “ If you are lagging or scared of a SS. ” and “With the bottom of my heart, all teams are trying”  

And you use the wrong homophone(s). IE:”I would like to put a friendly reminder to the few that it hasn’t gotten around too. ”

The misuse of verbs and matching them with your subject. IE: “Meetings for this project is fast and productive” and “ If you are Charter issues, such as 

While your intention is good at ensuring information gets to the public, the delivery is mired full of the above issues. It’s also complicated by some of the inside/”funny” jokes that are thrown about that the public isn’t in tune with. IE: All of the multiclassing/Karen/Coming back from the dead nonsense.

(I’m not going to point out all of the issues, just a few to show that there is an issue.)

I know that, in the past, it was encouraged for directors and managers to have their posts ran by Telanir before posting to ensure a certain “tone” was being set forth to the players. While Telanir may be missing, it may be a good idea to have others proofread posts in the future. Once more, this isn’t to harp but to point out a glaring issue that detracts from your post. No one’s perfect  (as I’m sure I’ve made my own mistakes in this very post) but I think this post could read easier and better, and hopefully future posts will.

Thank for the grammar error spell check. Writing has never been my strong suits and was one of the reasons I joined the server in the first place.  I am sorry that I missed these and hope it didn't cause too much of a matter. Im going to blame my art behaviour and my the leftover of the community in me on the format and colourful words I tend to go overboard. 

41 minutes ago, Tigergiri said:

The moderators all assemble for their weekly meeting.

41 minutes ago, J33xt101 said:

We are all human, we all deserve some level of respect and transparencies. 

Not at all, these people deserve no respect whatsoever.