Jump to content
Tigergiri

Moderation's {Late} Update - January 2020

Recommended Posts




 

Sif3XrDuHA4ZL_WeGZidcRtQhZ97c4rQfXDVRrMOAd15l-O0tUvuBLgBftYf5xsZPDLNcvHsjw8BaWW2Ph9hudw6UB401Wornh61nAwGDX_OyjtDgJ3xQnMpYOIybmVdJMKbttC5



 

Introduction

Morning/afternoon/ goodnight as we move past the holidays! I want to end on at least sound footing to start this new year on the right foot! We have a lot of changes coming your way that hopefully get you as excited as I am! I am bit late but don't bring out your pitchforks quite yet! We are here and ready to update!

J7R6zBD0xAEEjFDMv0ohM13LrOoDA1Fo3KhtF3IUSd_LVVrNxLTBKdfynC48kcxo6ZFTgZllXtEZ5ktMHdHCZdMo6t2U5FzDMIY3YKQ8wtoDMqhHHOCyowJiUnQLAVpesS8KiEoO

New Changes 

  •  Re-Rework on rules 2.0

    • We are back at it again! We are hoping this is the last one! We promise if you have yet to add your input and would like to please message a moderator for a discord invite! As told by The leading lady of the project @HolidayChicken “We are hoping to accomplish a system, perhaps a wiki where players can navigate rules and reference them with more ease than the current one. Getting rid of outdated rules and merging similar ones to create a more straightforward set and working with players to create fresh rules that they're happy to follow.”  Meetings for this project is fast and productive and if you wish to see our meeting notes The team would be happy to do so! 

      • Project holders: HolidayChicken, Braxis1996, iMattyz, & Frill


 

Discord Changes 

  • You cried. We answered! All Moderators are required to be in LOTC main discord and to keep their notifications on! So you should see more blue tags in your chats. If you noticed, or not, Muffins the Community Admin kindly shared all of her formating knowledge that she had learned in her discord (NEW PLAYERS DISCORD).  We are incredibly grateful; Along with that, we solidified some old rules in our discord. Lotc Main discord is supposed to be a safe place for all players alike. So we are back to enforcing our policy with a bit of a stricter regime. It will still be verbal, > warning > kick > ban.  


 

Forums Changes 

Warning point system 

  • Have 10 warnings? Don’t worry you won’t be punished for that number longer! With our new system Warning points are merely a number. They keep a record of what has been going on. If moderation feels you are in need of guidance  They will talk you through your warning or on discord if it’s readily available to them. 

There are our new warnings!  

1sKvQBjWaGPY3NbEgO6yuaQX53f9QN__R0nTzqXkym-PsHP7humIsxJCAOwiFZxVC-IvIDsCYlRir5cIi0XkmXWAQeiJ4fgkW8rgFDBBCrO6VsyfEfQRFv4CIfBQuCXXrerklA4j

tnL13xoze_BUk5VmqA9JmFhTk-otf3g5tSK9h7vPOrCzX1xkEYTvME5DB4mTObS8aS8kFN1kTfAL4qDKgVG6y7n7WtHe0FdrY46VEpG_husF5WSaC2N5jo9OYaENwA_x9SWa93zY

9OQKKSRtZrK5RK1SMJwg0qyhc5bs_KrscYxwpjJ9LvnEsDl63zb6mRXVRPeKyOOpx-PEwbb9wqbrWMCOcEXZ4_G2sVEocTRMrBw27-JbgiIXAuntdBeS9HCqFGr2TtWmmcS_RxOB

TW249haK6UN1KXQt-QQsdoBjmIwQkA389IalITeEu_6nnYHyOJtHSMYXizzkyvE8WdHdaXfQG-KNM_zwXe_fwjQ7pJ_16w3cVBzjFDkm-kGtLN6Qp0mfT_qMFQ1g9dCUbKyPhYvU


 

Low Effort RP

  • Low effort forum rp is something of a hot topic. Something that a few of you are still settling on. Roleplay replies should have some effort put into them and lead another character into some development!  No more trolling rp post and comments. If you feel a player has done this on the forums you are free to report them as the team will review and go over it. 

  • Please click here to read more about forum roleplay guidelines.


 

Reports

  •  Public reports are back up on the block! Moderation decided to allow the ability for the community to voice back.  So If you see player breaking the rules? Try to solve it via yourselves first! 90% of the problems are fixed by talking to the player/person. If worse comes to worst and no one is listening? Gather your evidence together and fill out the forum on the Public reports Page. A moderator will pick it up and begin a process of checking what's going on! 


 

Appeals with Community 

  • If you haven’t noticed appeals are currently with Community team as Moderation no longer handles them. You can check Community teams Updates in News to read up about these! 


 

New Server Updates  

  • With the bottom of my heart, all teams are trying their best with the lag. Don’t give up and fight through the lag! If you are lagging or scared of a SS. Please make sure you, yourself, are making the modreq! We do not allow tps for other players without their verified agreeance. If it takes us a bit longer to tp? Don’t fret we are probably loading in the chunk so we can safely spawn you in. Below we’ve listed from newest to oldest update posts. 

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/188313-the-lag-and-plans-for-future/

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/188245-the-114-problem-update-iii/

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/188063-the-114-problem-update-ii/

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/187758-the-114-problem-update/ 

 

  • I would like to put a friendly reminder to the few that it hasn’t gotten around too. Moderation is no longer handling Charter issues, that go to a focus group within the World. If you are Charter issues, such as placement, shovel help, charters plugin, and the whatnots please make sure to make a world req! 

 

Tips and tricks to surviving the lag! 

  1. Make sure to screenshot your inventory frequently!

  2. If you have died, and are back in the same spot make the modreq in that location explaining in detail when and where it happened!

  3. Don’t run through chunks and hope they load, Be a little patient and slowly walk. If you get bored, do what I do. #s and sing rp songs or make up your own! It's very fun. And sometimes other players will sing along!

  4. Try not to get frustrated we all are experiencing it, Take a deep breath I promise we all will get our Mineman roleplay addiction in. 


 

FZffr2Jl474ZxQosRiknO0oa96WaJSCM50eOfypbmtEaZl9vGXiu9MaUNthh6T8EXDgowfSo6cNH1i-5kNRMp6UU98W6APOL69WXhEnwTheMpSkf64kQKsFPtfkyKi_fUAACJTYG

December Data 

A ballpark of 2000+ Tickets was done In December.  Not only was everyone celebrating the holidays, but we also had moderators step up to the plate. I received a present via Holiday hitting 400 tickets on the day before Christmas. This is not exact as when the new year started our data was wiped.....  So going off the last data entry I saw is our Quota Queen. 

ms-QrAM9yzrEm5vQ7vDRBxD0MTxzjiTYkY8q_ApCRCorbZVyzhfSAsNHc0XFh3uBfqFwgVIz-SYIAyYslFiXEXEUK9830d2D_7BBHXupin8NzV_33aJX0JpzgfojQgGAVZpSAshx

 

Our duties don’t completely regard to tickets,  as we also help in Discord, Forums and The Server. We as a team strive to help you all when we can! Active moderation is pretty clear to see, whether it be on the forums, in-game, or working on projects!

 

AmG5y7Rbd3Y0NXNoSQIzSqfbow1km8_QNv3RSA2LyVMn211PuxLFLb7VIaupP_aZq8lx5XtlTs4cGRtUWiKPmd_66t87vUNRfg8_kFLcbceli4HbMUemEDeNg4KXjpg4n94O3HVB

Ticket Royals of December:  

Queen @BlueBudgie - 480 

Prince @iMattyz - 436 

Jester @Braxis - 348

The royal court of lowly peasant moderators bows down to these amazing folks!

cO4yjkKBeg-xClQfzteS2pDNgiOGuz9EuVRdY7XmmWXsZrAxt26R62uofn4wzc89r8qacZVUC4OBXvYctNKt_Zo0Bswy57avt0ISduYroiQKhkBKrg5lohvILy1P9io6Q00bQWY3

Current Team Roster 

 

y8GYM7063TPyl7t5lKgu1RVrHHMXhUfocRLeAuoIjyJIC1xi-aoL742F-jmcGHa2TiCtYSbaa7_U-Gvyu65Uek-i27bx17WE6B5afXimLbeMT9J1l48BTLTxJcVL-j_sf3GiwJBu

Braxis1996 ~ Rose from the Ashes of Jroy96

IMattyz ~ Came back from the dead

Basketweaver ~ Came back from the dead 

Zachosnacko__ ~ Came back from the dead

 

HolidayChicken ~ Stepped into Blue Leather Armour

Frill ~ Stepped into Blue Leather Armour

Mirtoks ~ Stepped into Blue Leather Armour

 

Z3m0s ~ Multiclassing into Moderation

Dibbs ~ Multiclassing into Moderation

Sykotic ~ Multiclassing into Moderation

 

Tigergiri ~ Was given the Karen Tag

Telanir ~ “Moderation Im HOmE~” 


 

Korvic ~ Put on the Shiny, Gold Armour

Muffins ~ Put on the Admin Armour

Silverstakik ~ Stepped down

Ulmo ~ Stepped down 

Xalid ~ Stepped down 

Ryanark ~ Stepped down 

Corweenie ~ Stepped down

Gypsy ~ Stepped down 

Pun ~ Departed from the building 

Keening ~ Departed from the building

Wacko ~ Departed from the building

Mitto ~ Departed from the building


 

t4REGlwY9iHUtonYTL1z05fd49iZ3UJOA-ike0g66HlnptFikyw4E27v7lIvwuYJ4PnprbRcrZlzgJGsHfykUT1pmM3UfpVVzSKq4KFJtV4WkxSOuOcjOlnhvI3wwMdgEJimx6Y0

Special Thanks 

To our Admins who help out moderations with all-out wick wacky showdowns. I know, Myself gets fussy and completely bombard you! Letting you know the moderation team appreciates you!

To our Developers who are doing holy work to keep the server afloat. 

To my team (moderation) who put up with my craziness and the server. But as you know I think of you as a family! 

 

Finally, Thank you to our community! Thanks for being patient for this update as there is a lot of information to cover and I’ll probably have so much more in the following months. Happy Roleplaying!





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Special thanks for @LotsOfMuffins for helping me so much you are a doll! You know what you did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Tigergiri said:

 

Tigergiri ~ Was given the Karen Tag

 

 

The only Karen is @Kaelan, don’t steal memes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sykogenic said:

 

The only Karen is @Kaelan, don’t steal memes.

I’m going to ******* steal your kid, Syko.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kaelan said:

I’m going to ******* steal your kid, Syko.

 

 

 

@ Safety Team

 

hello i feel unsafe

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we get a solid explanation on why rules are constantly being reworked? If feels like every 3 months a new mod team rolls in and decides that the old rules are full of holes or something. They throw out all the old rules and institute their own similar but slightly different rules. What you end up with is that no one knows what the rules are because they’re in a constant state of flux.

 

Second, why is the work of proving what was in a player’s inventory on the player’s side. I know there’s at least 2 tools mod have that can check for the status of a player’s inventory. Hell, there’s a tool in AC that was explicitly made to rollback player inventories.

 

Third, why is the mod team slowly getting rid of all it’s responsibilities while increasing their response times? It feels like moderation duties are getting smaller and smaller yet modreq times still stay at an all time high.

 

Finally, have korvic add a command to allow specifying the year in the /reportrts stats command. When I made that I kind of forgot about year over year rollover and it assumes you want the year you’re currently in lol. It’ll take him like 10 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any update on spawning in 457,000 minas for the Snow Elves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrazyBigSpiders said:

Can we get a solid explanation on why rules are constantly being reworked? If feels like every 3 months a new mod team rolls in and decides that the old rules are full of holes or something. They throw out all the old rules and institute their own similar but slightly different rules. What you end up with is that no one knows what the rules are because they’re in a constant state of flux.

 

Second, why is the work of proving what was in a player’s inventory on the player’s side. I know there’s at least 2 tools mod have that can check for the status of a player’s inventory. Hell, there’s a tool in AC that was explicitly made to rollback player inventories.

 

Third, why is the mod team slowly getting rid of all it’s responsibilities while increasing their response times? It feels like moderation duties are getting smaller and smaller yet modreq times still stay at an all time high.

 

Finally, have korvic add a command to allow specifying the year in the /reportrts stats command. When I made that I kind of forgot about year over year rollover and it assumes you want the year you’re currently in lol. It’ll take him like 10 minutes.



i think moderation is making a good recovery from pun/firehearts (end) era of massive stagnation and a rapidly declining team. I know there is still some corruption and problems within the team but its coming along well.

What matters to me most is that an effort to keep a standard of quality and conduct to continue so that we do not revert back into a stagnation period. Telanir’s gone out for cigarettes and it’s going to leave the team without proper direction and I’m hoping a proper, unaffiliated and levelheaded moderator comes into play and makes sure that there is a high quality set. Braxis, iMattyz, and Frill i’ve seen do wonderfully upon the team and I’m glad we have active and responsible folk on the team. I hope they progress further on the team, and moderation takes a focus as a legitimate team oncemore, rather than a point-and-laugh or instant-to-blame team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this entire post just makes me feel uncomfortable and idk what specifically about it makes me feel that way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tigergiri said:

If you haven’t noticed appeals are currently with Community team as Moderation no longer handles them. You can check Community teams Updates in News to read up about these! 


What’s the point of giving mod duties to the community team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SquakHawk said:



i think moderation is making a good recovery from pun/firehearts (end) era of massive stagnation and a rapidly declining team. I know there is still some corruption and problems within the team but its coming along well.

What matters to me most is that an effort to keep a standard of quality and conduct to continue so that we do not revert back into a stagnation period. Telanir’s gone out for cigarettes and it’s going to leave the team without proper direction and I’m hoping a proper, unaffiliated and levelheaded moderator comes into play and makes sure that there is a high quality set. Braxis, iMattyz, and Frill i’ve seen do wonderfully upon the team and I’m glad we have active and responsible folk on the team. I hope they progress further on the team, and moderation takes a focus as a legitimate team oncemore, rather than a point-and-laugh or instant-to-blame team. 

 

lol wut. Fireheart’s team was one of the best organized imo. Modreq times were down and they had more duties than the current moderation team. This moderation team has given away half their duties and still manages slower modreq times. They don’t do ban appeals, they don’t do charters, they don’t do war. What exactly do they do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tigergiri said:

Try to solve it via yourselves first! 90% of the problems are fixed by talking to the player/person.

 

This spells out a horrible way to excuse mods from doing their duties. In reality, all this is going to do is let toxicity fester among players and we’ll get to witness the classic lotc shitfest unfold on both forums and ig, as it always has been to no real avail. And this statement only makes things worse.

If it isn’t clear yet, the playerbase can’t really level heads when a majority values self-interest over collective experience.

 

5 hours ago, Tigergiri said:
  • If it takes us a bit longer to tp? Don’t fret we are probably loading in the chunk so we can safely spawn you in. Below we’ve listed from newest to oldest update posts. 

this also seems like a way to condone mods for stagnation on the basis of that they’re loading chunks, but we’ll see

 

5 hours ago, Tigergiri said:

We have a lot of changes coming your way that hopefully get you as excited as I am! I am bit late but don't bring out your pitchforks quite yet! We are here and ready to update!

too much glitter on text, and this unfortunately comes out as a facade

 

But I hope I’m at the wrong here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the loophole Flemish pointed out going to be patched up?

 

I.e. you can avoid RP by just tanking a warning.

 

Absolutely massive loophole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So yall just gonna have the community team handling bans handed by moderation team?

 

As i said before n ill say it again. People who join CT are nice people who know basic lore and can lead new players around. Theyre not the team to handle bans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tigergiri said:

 

  •  Re-Rework on rules 2.0

    • We are back at it again! We are hoping this is the last one! We promise if you have yet to add your input and would like to please message a moderator for a discord invite! As told by The leading lady of the project @HolidayChicken “We are hoping to accomplish a system, perhaps a wiki where players can navigate rules and reference them with more ease than the current one. Getting rid of outdated rules and merging similar ones to create a more straightforward set and working with players to create fresh rules that they're happy to follow.”  Meetings for this project is fast and productive and if you wish to see our meeting notes The team would be happy to do so! 

      • Project holders: HolidayChicken, Braxis1996, iMattyz, & Frill

Who cares, the written rules don’t matter, precedent doesn’t matter, unwritten convention doesn’t matter. Why will they matter after the 15th million rule update that will achieve nothing other than giving mods makework jobs so they can say they are doing something for the server. 

 

>how to survive the lag guide

hahahaha, admins care so little they couldn’t be bothered to log on or address the community for what 6 weeks now of Lotc’s worst ever week on week numbers + server performance.

5 hours ago, CrazyBigSpiders said:

Can we get a solid explanation on why rules are constantly being reworked? If feels like every 3 months a new mod team rolls in and decides that the old rules are full of holes or something. They throw out all the old rules and institute their own similar but slightly different rules. What you end up with is that no one knows what the rules are because they’re in a constant state of flux.

 

Second, why is the work of proving what was in a player’s inventory on the player’s side. I know there’s at least 2 tools mod have that can check for the status of a player’s inventory. Hell, there’s a tool in AC that was explicitly made to rollback player inventories.

 

Third, why is the mod team slowly getting rid of all it’s responsibilities while increasing their response times? It feels like moderation duties are getting smaller and smaller yet modreq times still stay at an all time high.

 

Finally, have korvic add a command to allow specifying the year in the /reportrts stats command. When I made that I kind of forgot about year over year rollover and it assumes you want the year you’re currently in lol. It’ll take him like 10 minutes.

rt

4 hours ago, SquakHawk said:



i think moderation is making a good recovery from pun/firehearts (end) era of massive stagnation and a rapidly declining team. I know there is still some corruption and problems within the team but its coming along well.

What matters to me most is that an effort to keep a standard of quality and conduct to continue so that we do not revert back into a stagnation period. Telanir’s gone out for cigarettes and it’s going to leave the team without proper direction and I’m hoping a proper, unaffiliated and levelheaded moderator comes into play and makes sure that there is a high quality set. Braxis, iMattyz, and Frill i’ve seen do wonderfully upon the team and I’m glad we have active and responsible folk on the team. I hope they progress further on the team, and moderation takes a focus as a legitimate team oncemore, rather than a point-and-laugh or instant-to-blame team. 

sorry bro I just gotta disagree with you here. Fireheart was ******* terrible but he somehow managed to be more accessible than this current roster of GMs. Bar Grool who larps as a moderation admin and bans you when you make his tummy feel sad. The server is unplayable and if a majority of the community didn’t have a very severe addiction to it then no one would be playing. Modreq times are a complete joke, staff are openly and unapologetically partisan. The staff don’t even pretend to the fact that the written rules don’t matter. Are there some good people on the team sure. But that doesn’t excuse the absolute gongshow that moderation and staff in general have become. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CrazyBigSpiders said:

 

lol wut. Fireheart’s team was one of the best organized imo. Modreq times were down and they had more duties than the current moderation team. This moderation team has given away half their duties and still manages slower modreq times. They don’t do ban appeals, they don’t do charters, they don’t do war. What exactly do they do?

i’m agreeing with you and adding on my opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...