Sign in to follow this  
Draeris

A CARNATIAN WITHERS [PK]

A CARNATIAN WITHERS

THE DEATH OF KRISZTIÁN MÁTYÁS KÁROLY, CARDINAL OF VES

Nervously did Krisztián look up to the sky: watching his dove carry a letter towards the Septarchy. The hastily written letter would read: 

“To my esteemed colleagues,

Bishop Anton Barclay and myself are a part of a delegation to attend the board meeting of the Royal Academy of Haense. Siegmund Corbish is, slightly violently, blocking our attendance in New Reza. 

Yours humbly,

Cardinal Ves”

Unbeknownst to the Septarchy: this would be the last letter the avid writer ever penned. For as he walked to meet Vice-Chancellor Rodericus in the Basilica of Fifty Virgins: fate had ruled against him. A bolt to his neck had, unlike a monarch before him, made an end to his controversial life. 

While the Vice-Chancellor waited and the Bishop was speaking to his congregation in New Reza, the Cardinal’s body was dragged to the Helena Cathedral: where he was desecrated. Where once a beheaded crow and pig’s head lied with the words “Haense will rule again”, now was decorated by the head of the young Cardinal.

Behind the altar: his headless body was elevated by an intricate work of ropes. The Vice-Chancellor and Cardinal Wilhelm were the first to discover the travesty: but were not the last. Soon a flock of ISA guards, curious citizens and couriers carrying the word spread throughout the realm. 

A man that once stood in court on charges of sedition, died because of his patriotism. May the realm remember him fondly.

NlbXVKSe3KowFuXcJwwxW108-Nzeoeq3vdytSBDC-HWQfz19imvgXTzIRQuU-VHcb8F-C-dQdoiq85t198MVIOnZP3fiVpXy6MBaXYWZVed-0fGtjpPOyft-1loiD0PEaH0N2XUF

R.I.P.

Krisztián Mátyás Károly

Gwynnestri frowns, as she was seeking out Bishop Karoly so she could become a nun. “I never did get to reconcile with him.”

"B-b-brother?" Elek weakly whimpered as he read the message, he begun to break down in tears "Nem, Nem. Tell me this isn't true? Some sort of joke" Elek said to courier who delivered the message. 

Spoiler

I'll format this in the morning. 

Robert stood on the hill behind Kristián. He watched the bolt fly to the red Cardinal and then it penetrated him. He smiled. It was over – He was expecting a fight, but this, this was too easy. There would surely be a price to pay in the future, or perhaps in the afterlife. No matter, he had done the deed and there was no turning back now.

“Such is the way of the game.” Sigismund muttered, hearing of the Cardinal’s passing.

“Finally. Divine Justice for Clive the Jester, the God of War.” a courlandic jester with the name of Clive Jr. would blink as he hears the news before perishing as well.

Georgina let out a sigh. “Never really liked him,” She said, running a hand through her hair in Vitenna, “But may GOD or Alaha rest him in peace.” Georgina said, pondering over her family’s label as “Carnatians” When she’d considered herself more southeron than Highlander.

John frowns, “Horrible way to go, truly...”

Posted (edited)

Lady Eleanora Harkness Jameson frowned, glancing up at the brutal display. “I’ve never met the man- though, this truly is a cruel way to display such hatred on a soul. Shame on whoever preformed this brutal act- And may GOD let him rest in peace.”

Edited by TreeSmoothie

Joseph Adler had of course caught news of the passing upon investigation. Seeing the grisly crime scene for himself, he’d struggled to feel anything. Perhaps he’d been in the business too long, seen a few too many scenes like it. In any case, he found himself pondering it for a long while, considering how to prosecute such a terrible act. This time, as a quiet nod to a former friend, foe, and associate.

Monsignor Harald Vuiller would stand ready in the seven skies to welcome his fellow brother as he entered the seven skies with open arm. “Welcome brother, I`m glad to see you even tho it was neith your time. but i know i my heart that they will figure out who did this....” 

Johan Vuiller who had seen the body of Cardinal Krisztàn would be in shock and have a meeting with the church before returning to Vuillermoz.

as soon as he returned home he would meet with his trusted men and guards for the men of the cloth was now  in need of guards more then ever,

as well as having his men train he would send his most trusted to the Basilica of the Fifty Virgins to start looking into what had happen to the late Cardinal.

”I swear we shall find out who did this.”

2 hours ago, Evonpire said:

"B-b-brother?" Elek weakly whimpered as he read the message, he begun to break down in tears "Nem, Nem. Tell me this isn't true? Some sort of joke" Elek said to courier who delivered the message. 

Reveal hidden contents

I'll format this in the morning. 

Lajos would comfort his brother. “I am sorry öcsém. At least he is resting in peace in the Heavenly Seven Skies. Those murderers and defilers will face the holy wrath of GOD.”

Philip De Beaumont shakes his head at the news of the Holy man's fall "Heathens!, all of them GOD shall work his punishment on those who acted such foul crimes against the holy canonist church!" 

Posted (edited)

”Unfathomable.” is the only word that Reverend Edgar can use when catching wind of the murder, shaking his head with disgust. ”These Lendian heretics are proving themselves time and time again to be naught but dirty, feral savages, little better than the beasts that graze the fields. First we hear reports of Lendian followers using bird droppings in baptisms, and now one of our very own Bishops has been murdered in the streets and his body desecrated in such a vile and unthinkable manner? How many more good men of our institution must die before action is taken against this most foul and abominable cult?” The Reverend rants before falling to his knees. Eyes closing shut and head falling heavy as he would pray to GOD, not only for the sanctity of Krisztian’s soul but that GOD may take mercy on the souls of his killers.

Edited by Proddy