Recovering The Ancient Tongue Of The Elves.

Sporadic

Even as a character name?

If you want it to mean 'father of (a) little fox' you can make it Maln'vulnii.

If you want it to mean 'father of (a) little fox' you can make it Maln'vulnii.

Ahh I think I get it. When it's something belonging to something the 'owner' word goes before the subject, but if it describes something (subject) it goes after?

So would for instance Little Black Fox be: Valnii'Barbu or again Barbu'Valnii? But Forest of the little fox would be: Ame'Valnii? How would I translate 'Little fox from the forest' and how did you come to the translation?

Ahh I think I get it. When it's something belonging to something the 'owner' word goes before the subject, but if it describes something (subject) it goes after?

So would for instance Little Black Fox be: Valnii'Barbu or again Barbu'Valnii? But Forest of the little fox would be: Ame'Valnii? How would I translate 'Little fox from the forest' and how did you come to the translation?

Well, little fox is Vulnii, right?

Then any adjective comes behind the main word, so that would make little black fox Vulnii'barbu.

Then when you make something from somewhere or something/someone (my own ideas, not sure if it is exactly true, but this way it works as an adjective) you put the main word before the place it is from. So Vulnii'ame.

Then you can only have one ' in a word, which is Always the last one. So this makes Vulnii'barbu'ame -> Vulniibarbu'ame (Little black fox from the forest).

Aaaah, alright, I'm getting the grip of this. So location of the little fox basicly describes it (it's natural home), thus making it an adjective, putting the word forest after the main world - little fox. But to turn to the past, father of little fox, in a way describes the father, making little fox an adjective, so the main word isn't little fox as I asumed, but the father him self, thus making it Maln'vulnii.

Thank you for the help!

I will probably have more questions as time comes as I am interested in the language. This is a good start, though.

You would want to use 'ito' to denote the location of the little fox. Just saying.

Ah so, Valnii'Barbu ito ame (or Valniibarbu'ameito since it can be used as a sufix).

Hurr... my new favorite sentince in elven:

"Eyr fenn ito mira fin." - "Apply ice to warm (burned) region (area)."

Hurr... my new favorite sentince in elven:

"Eyr fenn ito mira fin." - "Apply ice to warm (burned) region (area)."

"eyr fenn ito fin'mamira." Would be that... elven has no capital in the beginning of the sentence and mira (or mamira: very warm) is an adjective so it goes behind 'fin'.

"eyr fenn ito fin'mamira." Would be that... elven has no capital in the beginning of the sentence and mira (or mamira: very warm) is an adjective so it goes behind 'fin'.

Ah ^w^ I did not know that... you silly people with your silly... strangeness with a very complex language T_T

The new calendar system means we'll have to change the meaning of the calendar words.

kalem: Malin's year, - Roughly 108 Aegian years, denotes the length of a High Prince's reign.

is now kalem: Malin's year - Roughly 26 Anthos years. Once used as the length of a High Prince's reign

karim: Fortday, - The measure of time from one Dwarven sleeping cycle to the next, roughly 72 Aegian days.

is now karim: Fortday, - The measure of time from one Dwarven sleeping cycle to the next, roughly one month or 24 Anthos days

grumble grumble calendar changes grumble

"finn ito fin'igneral eyr"?

Adjusted calendar dates are coming at the next iteration, along with words for 'long' and 'empty'.

Did we ever sort out the absence of a word for 'dance'?

I am trying to figure out how to say Hello/Goodbye friend with the forest. How would I do this?

So far I have

Hello (Day time): Karin'ayla llir ilelame.

Hello (Night time): Ker'ayla llir ilelame.

Goodbye: Van'ayla llir ilelame.

I am guessing you can't have two affixes on the front of a seed word? Because thats what I did with the prefixes "il" and "el"

It would work well by just saying Hello friend with forest, in which case I could just use ilame.

They would be

'karin'ayla llir'ilame

van'ayla llir'ilame'

etc.