Recovering The Ancient Tongue Of The Elves.

Sporadic

Would "Vull'Sulii" as a last name be a correct use of the appostraphe? I'm trying to make an elf name and to be honest I can't tell if its correct or not by the post. 

Would "Vull'Sulii" as a last name be a correct use of the appostraphe? I'm trying to make an elf name and to be honest I can't tell if its correct or not by the post. 

You're joining a verb to a noun for what purpose? They are two separate words that have no added meaning when joined. If anything it makes it more confusing. What are you trying to say?

Vullir'suliin almost works. But the only reason for merging the two is so that it IS one word, as in the case of a name. In actually fact Sulii'vullir is probably better

You're joining a verb to a noun for what purpose? They are two separate words that have no added meaning when joined. If anything it makes it more confusing. What are you trying to say?

Vullir'suliin almost works. But the only reason for merging the two is so that it IS one word, as in the case of a name. In actually fact Sulii'vullir is probably better

Hmm I was trying to make the phrase "To decieve the eye". I understand a bit more now with your explanation. I just thought it'd be cool to have a fitting last name for my character.

Edit: Would "Vulsulii" be a suitable last name for the meaning I'm trying to achieve?

The order for Elven phrases is Subject Object Verb. So the name should be "Sulii'Vull" in order to mean to deceive eye. Though the interpretation will receive mixed results, which is why I suggested being called an "Eye Deceiver" in my previous reply. I believe Vullir'sulii to be the best wording.

The order for Elven phrases is Subject Object Verb. So the name should be "Sulii'Vull" in order to mean to deceive eye. Though the interpretation will receive mixed results, which is why I suggested being called an "Eye Deceiver" in my previous reply. I believe Vullir'sulii to be the best wording.

Ah! Your posts are very helpful. Thank you tons!

No. The old ancestors did not belive in such words! Use Kinair! The word for Monster or something a like but I say nõ to an elven word for edgy!

My elf's name is Evarir'Ceru. But due to RP I wish to change it from Protector Mighty to Protector for or to the Mighty. Any help?

Evarir'ito Ceru is my guess. Might be 3 words instead.

(( Is there a word for male and female? like announcing a birth. It's a boy, it's a girl. like that?))

The only things I can think of is "Hae" - her and "Lye" <-- Might be wrong) - Him.

Well, traditionally an Elven child would have been called as either born of the father or born of the mother. The baby would be carrying more than just the parent's gender but also their ancestral line.

More recently those lines have blurred together as people consider a baby to be the product of both the mother and father (and infertility rates seem to have dropped) so I would imagine one of these younger more "edgy" elves would have the words you are looking for.

Thank you kindly. so it would be something along the lines of ((for grahmer's sake)) father born/ mother born?