Recovering The Ancient Tongue Of The Elves.

Sporadic

Vulsulii'sair - a name for a person wishing to develop and grow in the skills of observation and situational awareness. I'm torn between using -sair and -saean since I don't know if the latter would refer to both eyes or multiple people. -saer might even give it a romantic twist: to develop watchful eyes.

What's the verdict?

I like it; all the requirements for composing a word in Elven from the right stems have been observed.

Oh and I would go with -sair over -saean as well, yes. _'suliian'sair if you want to be very rigorous about it being multiple eyes.

Just a question, have general words for things like bugs and animals been added? Or would there have to be a combination of other words?

(i.e. Walking life/ Tayna'narne for just general animals, and whatever 'outside bones' is for bugs)

Animals would probably be walkers of the forest

Bugs would then be walkers of the grass or little walkers of the grass

I am a bit rusty so maybe someone could check my grammar but,

Animal: narnir ame'ito

Bug: narnirii wehn'ito

We need a word for Brother & Sister, and Uncle & Aunt

I think I explained our reasoning on this a few pages (2-5) back.

Subject-object-verb, fine. But the guide doesn't say if adjectives go before or after the noun they modify, and that confuses me because I see people do that differently. What's the official word on adjective/noun order?

Subject-object-verb, fine. But the guide doesn't say if adjectives go before or after the noun they modify, and that confuses me because I see people do that differently. What's the official word on adjective/noun order?

Avoid unnecessary adjectives. Best option is if the adjective can be connected to the noun to create a word. If the adjective gives meaning to the noun but when put together the meaning is skewed, then place it before the noun.

There are also times when the adjective is the last word of the sentence. That happens when the purpose of the sentence is effected by the adjective, as opposed to the noun by itself. As in the difference between a pretty pig and a pretty farm, if the farm is pretty then 'pretty' is the last word of the sentence. This is a fairly poor example.

Avoid unnecessary adjectives. Best option is if the adjective can be connected to the noun to create a word. If the adjective gives meaning to the noun but when put together the meaning is skewed, then place it before the noun.

There are also times when the adjective is the last word of the sentence. That happens when the purpose of the sentence is effected by the adjective, as opposed to the noun by itself. As in the difference between a pretty pig and a pretty farm, if the farm is pretty then 'pretty' is the last word of the sentence. This is a fairly poor example.

So, Irrin'pern

Glass potato, or potato glass?

So, Irrin'pern

Glass potato, or potato glass?

In this case you have two nouns. Therefore the noun that is used as the describer goes first when making a new word. If you grow glass potatoes then they are irrin'pern. If you are making glass out of potatoes then I suggest you try sand instead.

My guess would be "Inge'sae".