Pots and Pandits

LotsOfMuffins

7 hours ago, Iaac__ said:

I'd rather the Mods draft up a CRP guide for new and old players than trust the Community Team with it. I don’t hate you guys, but there’s quite a few people on the Team that I wouldn’t want teaching new players how to CRP.

mods are too busy as it stands tbh. We are already a combo of two teams (forums and In game mods) so i cant forsee that we’d be nearly as active at all.

Being part of the OG pots and pandits, i do hope this goes well. People need to be trained, fluent in english to a greater extent, and have a good grasp on grammar and other than that I think anyone is fit as long as they’re normally very capable players.

SaFeTy TeAm YaAaAy!!88!!!!888!!!

a new age for Lotc members to learn to fight!!! gotta attend this one before it dissapears like my hopes and dreams.

8 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

What’s the criteria of someone being able to  help teach CRP? I feel like this can be abused and will eventually lead to people being taught incorrect things or instead utilising unfavorable tactics taught at these sessions. What are your checks and balances and what is the ‘golden standard’ the CT wishes to provide.

I have participated in pots and pandits myself back when I was a new player, the main thing of the whole project will be, as stated under purpose in this post,  to prevent powergaming issues. The CT members working on this have plenty of CRP experience themselves and so the correct things will be taught. For each session we are also taking volunteers to assist us, this can be anyone from Moderation, Story, etc. Just any staff member experienced with CRP.  However we do not want to script out entire lessons as such trainings work better when it is just action-reaction on the location itself and not just following some script. Then to add on that, Pots and pandits is made a focuss group inside the community team, and so activly runned by interested and capable CT. 

6 hours ago, Strife said:

Why is the CT teaching players how to CRP? Isn’t that more of an ET thing?

The CT is teaching the CRP to players, because we expect the majority of the participants to be new players, and CT is handling all new player related matters. And we are the team for the Community, so we teach CRP to those interested. 

Would it be possible to get recordings of the sessions?

I work full time without a fixed schedule, so unless I request time off it would be near impossible for me to attend.

Edited by GgDionne

7 minutes ago, GgDionne said:

Would it be possible to get recordings of the sessions?

Unfortunatly recording would cause too many complications, however you can request a one on one session with any of our Pots and Pandits members. In our team we have quite the timezones, so I am sure we can work something out ❤️

43 minutes ago, snoopie12 said:

Unfortunatly recording would cause too many complications, however you can request a one on one session with any of our Pots and Pandits members. In our team we have quite the timezones, so I am sure we can work something out ❤️

That’d be awesome 😄

Is there a list of people who would be willing to do a session with me?

1 hour ago, snoopie12 said:

I have participated in pots and pandits myself back when I was a new player, the main thing of the whole project will be, as stated under purpose in this post,  to prevent powergaming issues. The CT members working on this have plenty of CRP experience themselves and so the correct things will be taught. For each session we are also taking volunteers to assist us, this can be anyone from Moderation, Story, etc. Just any staff member experienced with CRP.  However we do not want to script out entire lessons as such trainings work better when it is just action-reaction on the location itself and not just following some script. Then to add on that, Pots and pandits is made a focuss group inside the community team, and so activly runned by interested and capable CT.

Experience isn’t really a factor. The concern at hand that ‘good’ CRP is something incredibly subjective that it might not be entirely appropriate to enforce one person’s ideals of what is or isn’t good, so that’s not particularly convincing that the ‘right things will be taught’ because the ‘right thing’ is not really something that can be defined easily, which is why a proper definition, goal, and plans to reach that goal is something critics of this want to see.

28 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

‘good’ CRP is something incredibly subjective that it might not be entirely appropriate to enforce one person’s ideals of what is or isn’t good, so that’s not particularly convincing that the ‘right things will be taught’ because the ‘right thing’ is not really something that can be defined easily

The purpose isn’t strictly to teach “Good”, more to teach the rules and help avoid the obvious bad, like emotes that are powergamey. 

Also note how snoopy uses the word “Correct” and not “Good”

Edited by GgDionne

14 hours ago, GgDionne said:

Is there a list of people who would be willing to do a session with me?

Yes there is! Those stated below can be contacted for anything related to this project. 

On 6/8/2020 at 7:56 AM, LotsOfMuffins said:

Special thanks to @snoopie12, @Dinochann, @TimberBuff, and @stickyhon for working on this project

14 hours ago, Xarkly said:

Experience isn’t really a factor. The concern at hand that ‘good’ CRP is something incredibly subjective that it might not be entirely appropriate to enforce one person’s ideals of what is or isn’t good, so that’s not particularly convincing that the ‘right things will be taught’ because the ‘right thing’ is not really something that can be defined easily, which is why a proper definition, goal, and plans to reach that goal is something critics of this want to see.

As GgDionne also stated, we teach the ‘correct’ rules as they are in our server rules. Indeed ‘good’ is completely subjective, but that is why we have multiple staff members present at the sessions. So if you feel like our standards are not ‘good’ enough, then feel free to help with the sessions yourself. 

If this turns out well, that would be nice! I do enjoy some sportsmanship and easy going combat RP.

On 6/8/2020 at 9:18 AM, Zacho said:

mods are too busy as it stands tbh. We are already a combo of two teams (forums and In game mods) so i cant forsee that we’d be nearly as active at all.

Being part of the OG pots and pandits, i do hope this goes well. People need to be trained, fluent in english to a greater extent, and have a good grasp on grammar and other than that I think anyone is fit as long as they’re normally very capable players.

Just divide FM and GM again, different beasts that need different approaches IMO.

Except so many people who fit that criteria have no clue how combat realistically works. A lot of people on this server have some really absurd preconceived views on weaponry and how to fight with said weapons. Lets not even get started on the various types of armor and the way most people roleplay their armor, which yes, is the point of this post, to teach people how to do these things, but how do we (as players) know for certain that the people in charge of teaching it actually know what they’re on about? No offense to those involved. 

Might have been a better idea to just make an official doc going through the basics so that everyone could acess it... or tbh just rework CRP and maybe make it less subjective and add more concrete rules... at this point I feel that it’s so subjective that even people who have recieved training can still just powergame quite easily, and maybe even get away with it, doing so intentionally or otherwise.

I mean I understand the openness is the beauty of it, but it can also very easily be its ruin. At times we just need a more concrete system to understand what’s doable and what’s not, taking into consideration character experience, injuries, buffs, debuffs, and all that RPG type stuff.