THE IMPORTANCE OF THE GRAND MAER

Eryane

lutrcPfCDNwMpofalWMHuSYJ5z5rARvIQynUUiLrKYycnpUqwjP04YXeeml6Byv51LkgX8a4u0dlsw4zH4Pkm-dzPEsEuFrQIAKfq7Oe8cWjeoWadT01S-IGo7QnHBzO99lJqQra

THE IMPORTANCE OF

GRAND MAER

KRUZAE ZWY KONGZEM

7th of Msitza and Dargund, 354 ES

DLUM VE EDLERVIK, DRUZ VE EDLERVIK

VA BIRODEO HERZENAV E EDLERVIK,

I write in hopes that, with this information you embark upon, you –the reader– shall consider running for an elected position. Although I hope to inform the people of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska regarding the abilities of the Grand Maer, I too wish to see many more running for the positions of Royal Alderman and Tribune. It is vital that we must adhere to current society (in all its complexities) regarding laws, and use our voices to our abilities. 

The position of the Grand Maer is defined, as of 354 ES, as follows: The Grand Maer of Karosgrad is elected by majority vote to represent the people of Hanseti-Ruska in the Office of the High Seneschal and assume the duties of management of the city’s social institutions, assisting in growth of the city’s business and economy, and bringing city wide events to Karosgrad. This role is vital and important to the city, and its abilities depend on the office holder as well as their desires to shape the city to its betterment. The Grand Maer may be of any birth, and does not sit on His Majesty’s Royal Duma.

This can be widely interpreted to the office holder themselves. The position is given little limitations other than that of the grit, creativity, and proficiencies of the elected Grand Maer. I implore you all to look upon this position not as one of useless capabilities and irrelevant to any decisions but instead one of open opportunity and ability to shape the city to the behest of the chosen incumbent. 

To look upon previous Grand Maers as per example, the late Countess consort of Nenzing, Aleksandra Alimar, implemented an entire two new districts to the city and formed her own city council. Lady Kamilla Stafyr hosted numerous events and sat upon the Queen’s Council to help ensure activities of the city. It is only at the tip of your fingers with what can be done with the office itself, and very little parameters regarding. 

Furthermore, to list several examples of what you can do but are not limited to;

- Creating entirely new traditions for the culture and people of Hanseti-Ruska (i.e. Barovifest)

- Host small or large-scaled events; including festivities, tourneys, parties, ceremonies, jousts, balls, hunts, feasts, boat / pig races, and anything else in one’s wishes

- Pen speeches for the public regarding your opinion on the current state of the city, or make the speeches public and create rallies to listen to what you wish to say 

- Bring in scholars from across the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska or other nations to host public educational lessons in the academy 

- Arrange the ability for vendors and merchants to sell their wares at events 

- Reform the Municipal Council created by the former Maer, Aleksandra Alimar 

- Communicating with Aulic Councillors or other officials to see what changes they would like to see upon the city (i.e. speaking with the Lord Marshal on what is needed for the HRA, etc.)

- Food initiatives and charities (i.e. collecting bread with other Haeseni to spread wherever desired)

- Book initiatives for the public city library, or the royal library in the Nikirala Prikaz (as previously done by the late Maer Karl Amador)

- Promote communication between Aulic Councillors and the people, and being a medium for that 

- Work with clergymen to promote the hosting of masses, baptisms, or other holy ceremonies in the city (or assist in distribution of crosses, for example)

- Annual meetings or “town halls” in wherever best suited (recommendation of the academy’s theatre) to hear the wishes and concerns of the people to promote communication & involvement rom others 

A letter may always be sent to my office should any of you wish to inquire further regarding any position or seek information on the duma. 

In memory of the late Grand Maer, Karl Amador – a phenomenal model of what it is to be Haeseni

Best wishes to you all with the upcoming election,

Irene Ceciliya Ruthern, Lady Speaker of Hanseti-Ruska

Edited by Eryane

Brandt Barclay gives a thumbs up to Lady Ruthern's publication "Right time to be adressed... and adressed correctly" the man nodded "Let's hope our next couple of Maers show competency"

One of Butch’s many descendants parades the streets of Karosgrad before picking up a tattered parchment, giving it a quick study!

“Mahybe it’s time to do ol’ grandpappy prou’d and fohllow in his fhootsteps. . .”

"Look how enterprising your aunt Irena is," clucked the Baroness Woldzmir, Elizaveta of Metterden, as she lectured her grandchildren who found amusement in building blocks and plush-toys. "You should be more like her, and I."

Karl Amador watched from the Seven Skies, nodding in agreement "Perhaps I did  or perhaps I did nie succeed at blowing new life into the position of Grand Maer, but what I do know is that it needs to happen."

1639366378_TarathielSignature.png.c71747137ae09721d695a70896ce9ece.png would hum, beginning to arrange her candidacy for the position of Grand Maer.