FROM THE DUCHY OF VIDAUS

louislxix

FROM THE DUCHY OF VIDAUS

A Celebration of Both Life and Death

qozqRSkxg4YzO9q9lC0Z-90qGHl854SGKbYtmVNz3hSILYPs1UneSXRbNcwuctMYpPsSaJt7vsZG0YQjWY0TDPQtwnlUrr2VTs3AVJgr0RPSV-uLbFQX0OVXEdhWb4gR94brOG9d

To those who I consider to be friends, associates and my liege and loyal soldiers. I believe it is time that I ought to address misfortunes that have recently plagued the House of Ruthern. My Ducal House. First came the death of my idolized father, and following a year too came the passing of my beloved wife, Fenika Ruthern. But in her death came the birth of two more, my preciously loved children; her final gift on me and my House before she was taken away. After time for contemplation I deem that these misfortunes, while bittersweet, cannot be changed into anything more or less. My father with his iron-will and Fenika with her headstrong solicitude would chastise me greatly in person for falling into the ways I have. Even from the Seven-Skies they still would. The time for lamenting is to be finished with.

I hereby invite you as I clear the cobwebs of holding to the Duchy of Vidaus. To drink a toast to honour the lives of both my late father and wife. To celebrate the blessed lives of my two children; Grigoryi and Boris Ruthern. At first, as a chance for bellies to become filled with drink and food, a small speech shall lead into a ball -- a dance. Pleasant music shall enrapture the air, from dulcet lilts to balletic crescendos. As to pay homage to our military of old, I’d quite like to reintroduce it as an event during the ball; the aquatic, aerial obstacle course. Isn’t that just a mouthful? But two shall come together on an obstacle filled platform above the water, in tournament form. They will come to clash and the first to the other side of the platform prevails into the next bracket. When falling off, one might quickly swim towards their rope ladder to get back to their own side in time.
Prizepool of three-hundred mina!

My greatest of illustrators for easier grasping of the course and idea have granted this to me;

OAIVhR7-lTpD5yEgtEP-BbrNMkno3xOvqJAR-vGLRWacdCVDd87WeKVyy9_AKbDjPdrzZQnHgGSWtFldRh-d1LDT0hu-QRfNr6lR-plrr15-2tFRah_LAZm-R_orEeKnODqLPLGK

[!] Probably from Vincent van Gogh.

As I surmise that will take much of the midday and eve up, that should conclude the celebration rightfully so. In the name of my father, wife-- and Grigoryi and Boris. May Godani watch over them. So join me and my family at Vidaus to enjoy this moment with us all. 

SIGNED,

His Grace, Ailred var Ruthern, Duke of Vidaus, Count of Metterden, Viscount of Greyspine, Baron of Rostig, Lord of Druzstra

OOC: Shall be taking place on the 19th at 5 EST.

The aged Erik seems surprised he outlived his cousin Maric after so many years, before reading the young Dukes letter further.

Mathea vas Ruthern was still not done with mourning, but she came in possession of a black ball gown, so she should be all settled for the upcoming evening.