Are these a world scar?

Ryloth

World Scars  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Are these forts world scars?

love meh bri'ish architecture 

2nd build makes me crave pancakes

If you're gonna make a warclaim fort, at least make it look good and like a proper fort rather than a literal lunchbox

second one is my least favorite, the others seem fine to me

the key for me is it looks like someone actually tried, it's not their fault their build isn't popular; it's not like it was malicious, poor guy :(

it wasn't that many maps ago that we used vanilla trees and you could run into baby's first minecraft house sitting in the middle of nowhere, these are way better than that

The first one looks really weird, second one looks kinda dumb, and the third one looks alright but a tad out of place in the mountains. Not blatant landscarring but certainly not an aesthetic I’d use personally. Not fundamentally much different than the rest of Oren like how Providence is built on top of a giant terraformed plateau.

17 hours ago, TreeSmoothie said:

110% landscars, lol

WT has already given them warnings (to my knowledge) but no Nations tend to take them seriously.

when's old Elysium getting one?

What, y'all don't like the patented Dwarven 3-Layer cake? C'monnn. 

Spoiler

It's being worked on. Promise.

16 hours ago, BenevolentManacles said:

because your mom's face isnt there

1 hour ago, Terry said:

What, y'all don't like the patented Dwarven 3-Layer cake? C'monnn. 

Reveal hidden contents

It's being worked on. Promise.

duality of man

no not everything needs to be an overbuilt messymedieval/junar castle

I think they are (#1 and #3 at least) very functional cleverly built forts. Heaven forbid someone build something on their own tile that doesn't live up to some random dude's aesthetic preferences. I fail to understand how any of these forts are any worse than some nations' capital cities, and at least the forts have an excuse that you're not meant to RP in them.

The fact that these are all dynmap screenshots is telling. I guess it takes less effort to complain on the forums than it does to actually find any of these places; I know this because I have literally never seen one of these builds

1 hour ago, monkeypoacher said:

I think they are (#1 and #3 at least) very functional cleverly built forts. Heaven forbid someone build something on their own tile that doesn't live up to some random dude's aesthetic preferences. I fail to understand how any of these forts are any worse than some nations' capital cities, and at least the forts have an excuse that you're not meant to RP in them.

The fact that these are all dynmap screenshots is telling. I guess it takes less effort to complain on the forums than it does to actually find any of these places; I know this because I have literally never seen one of these builds

#1 is a hollow thing with a maze in it that leads to a floating platform parkour. Not entirely functional, not really in line with server rules. And completely useless.

#2 isn't the most beautiful thing, but it's being edited.

#3, sorry maur, looks like something Elon Musk would construct to fly to mars with. And... it's useless. 

I highly doubt any of these builds will ever get usage for a warclaim at all in the life of this map, there's 0 reason for them to exist

15 hours ago, Borin said:

#1 is a hollow thing with a maze in it that leads to a floating platform parkour. Not entirely functional, not really in line with server rules. And completely useless.

#2 isn't the most beautiful thing, but it's being edited.

#3, sorry maur, looks like something Elon Musk would construct to fly to mars with. And... it's useless. 

I highly doubt any of these builds will ever get usage for a warclaim at all in the life of this map, there's 0 reason for them to exist

I just find it sort of galling that forts have to look good to some random biased third party, and that looking good involves building way under scale, adding a bunch of pointless greebles, and completely abandoning any design that doesn't light up the lowest common denominator "this is a castle" indicator for someone who cannot build something better looking. LoTC has a lot of good builders and most of them build in the exact same style, copying each other ad nauseam until every single city has the exact same messy medieval lite aesthetic that we've been doing for the past 5 years.

I really like Fort SpaceX, more than I probably should, just because it was consciously built to get rid of deadzones and to create fallbacks if someone breached and laddered over the wall.  The first one looks similar to me but I've never visited it. We don't get a lot of emergent gameplay like this; part of the fun of warclaims (other than bitching if the enemy has a better castle than you) is engineering defenses that get tested in actual combat.

And the second, well, who honestly cares? We've had builds like this every map and the server hasn't died. Good that they're fixing it up, good on them if they never get around to it. It's not the end of the world touch grass

Really don't like the idea that some guy who doesn't build gets to cry about how much they don't like your build until gets removed. I don't like that other people decide for you whether your build has "reason to exist." I get my sand castle and you get yours.

22 hours ago, monkeypoacher said:

> a foreign place with no RP intention in mind

> built for practicality

> will never be used

sounds like a landscar. we’re trying to build a story here not have loka. make forts like the one oren has on the Haense border, that’s ones an ounce decent