THE STATE OF CANONISM

GhostSHTR

5SDGBS9EAVn3HjFJVpT0GAUUYAY9hAlNZGuF1AQFZUGygEGxpf6DLFoGpJ9XsKmPvhvLT0nbZACby7v8W0H1Ae3h4TCnOHRrQLtUxzFpPcuASQNytwGmg3MBNxAVM0YPo5EcFcB3

Political Cartoon of Everard VI. C.1849

THE STATE OF CANONISM

13th Owyn’s Flame, 1850 

uSW4rpYZu3ZAoPfz93K4PTIBWpnGfAdNr0B085Oqwg3yvgYFD-cgTMFiG6h0LcDRxl967fEdl1ojUCsfQrT4GbK7RPu8PTl5sRe3t6dF3pwo9SMpmVXkFslckgC0_iUGJE6sj02p

What has become of our once great church? What has happened to our virtues, our traditions, our morality? What would our forefathers think of us today? We once were a bastion of Human decency and good, fighting for those who cannot fight for themselves. We stood for human civilization and the preservation of our culture. But now we find ourselves living with knife ears and degredency. We find ourselves not a church of the faithful, not the faith of the civilized and the keepers of GODANI’s word. We are the very things that we oppose, we are hypocrites, and you so-called ‘pontiff’ are complicit in this erosion of our values and destruction of our people. 

With pride, I preached the word of GODANI and gave hope and faith to countless of the faithful. In my years of service, I rose to cardinal but the moment I so much asked questions you kicked me out of the Cardinalship, like any dictator drunk on power will do. You drink on the forbidden vine Everard. And I cannot take any part of that, you censor and conspire to destroy the faith from the inside out. You are worse than any tyrant can be, because not only do you control and promote degeneracy. You do it in the name of GODANI, twisting the name of GODANI and vandalizing the pillars our church was built on. 

Our Forefathers must be ashamed of us, for we have turned away from GODANI’s light and into the influence of Ilbee’s. They must be sickened by the way our Church has become poisoned by such infidels ideas, Harranite ideals. The Same idea of freedom that leads Harran astray from GODANI’s light. The same kind that has been festering in the Orenian Empire until recently with the accession of Philip III. 

The church has turned away from the light of which it held. This so-called ‘pontiff’ has poisoned the church so much that the leaders of Oren saw it as it is, the schemer. No wonder they schismed, no wonder they feel betrayed, you betrayed them. For Shame, for Shame for Shame GODANI weeps for the church and the faithful. There has been no darker time for our church. 

Where is the church when the heathen armies attack those faithful to GODANI? Where is it when our civilization rots from the inside, the incestuous incredulous nature of worldly possessions has overtaken the desires of the faithful? The bastion of faith, everything that stands for what is right and just, where is it? 

We have become OK with allowing the slaughter of faithful and faith leaders. We hide behind our robes in the name of this so-called peace and unity we find ourselves fighting for. The modern world has devolved into not a temple of GODANI, but a cult of materialism. We find ourselves not wanting to do anything but hide behind our walls and win over the minds of women who will simply move on to the next “trendy” Idea the next day. The sanctity of tradition has been defiled by those who claim to uphold it. You are no pontiff, you are no leader, you have chosen iblees over GODANI, shame on you, shame on you for a thousand generations before, and a thousand generations after. 

Our church finds itself in the weakest state it has ever been. We once ruled the world, we struck fear in the hearts of heathens and apostates. Kept the faithful under the shield of GODANI. Now, we have this so-called “Holy” Orenian Empire slaughtering thousands of innocent Canonist Sedanians whose goats were a holy order. Because they somehow hurt the feelings of the ruling elite, and the church was helpless in protecting their lives, as their homes burned to the ground under the boot of the Imperial State Army. Who have the audacity and are evil enough to use the LORD'S NAME in vain and call themselves an army of GODANI. We allow those who have conspired to kill clergy, unarmed clergy in Karosgrad, to walk free. We don’t even bat an eyelash while the killers of our friends and colleagues then claim to fight a war in the name of GOD. 

The Church likes to go off on the plight of Canonists in non-Canonist Countries. But yet, I have never seen such oppression firsthand minus the Barbaric Norlanders. They rage against Canonist vassals in Urguan claiming they serve heretics, while the idea of having Canonists in under heathens is not ideal, the Dwarves and even Norlanders have shown infinitely more honor in the past few decades, than any spineless, gutless, heartless, soulless, GODless Orenian and Haensani have ever shown, not even remotely close. For their Entire pitiful, meaningless GODless existence. 

GODANI is love, GODANI is life, his love is everlasting and his glory is eternal. His forgiveness is infinite and his wisdom everlasting. Everyone who comes to his light is saved for all eternity, I pray every day for the return of the soul of the church. Day in and Day out I fought to be the change that I wanted to see. Bring the faith that was needed, Everyone can be forgiven by GODANI, but only if they turn to his light, and after all these years I have seen no such turning to the light from the church. We have fallen far since the diet of Karosgrad, our slaughtered brothers and sisters in faith look down on us with disgust and disdain for what we have become. We became the lap dogs of those who have slaughtered our family of GODANI for fear that we too will fall. We sleep with our captors, and our captors continue to suck the church dry of faith. GODANI has become second to secularism and material wealth. 

Whenever the faithful turn to the light of GODANI by themselves, you must make it your personal crusade to snuff out such hopes. What happened to the Savoyards, look how you degrade them, look how you look down on them. You send your lapdogs to control them because you don’t trust them to govern themselves to pray their own way. When San Lucanio was founded even members of the church called them heretics, heretics? The Audacity and the Gall to call Savoyards heretics, the true heretics, and apostates are those who sit at the head of this Church of Degeneracy. 

We were once independent, only adhering to the word of GODANI, but now we have allowed our lust for power, lust for elves, and lust for women to cloud us. The church is now possessed by the very ones who seek to destroy it. The greatest enemy of any organization are ones of those from the inside. And the faithful see our hypocrisy, our evil, you sit here wondering why we had a schism in the first place. It was because of your weakness you brought this upon yourself. Then you look smug when you dehumanize faith leaders who yearn for a church, you force them to become the lapdog of Haense and your ego. What right do you have to position yourself higher than GODANI. Your ‘penance’ is to have faithful make like Dogs and kiss your boots until they shine? You have no honor, you have no dignity, the only time someone should bow is to the almighty. That you have betrayed. You sit in your ivory tower, you stand for nothing and give way to heathens and apostates. You try to appeal to everyone and in turn, you fulfill the needs of no one. You have strayed so far off the path you have fallen down a cliff. 

Our Holy mother church has been poisoned, poisoned by the liberal harranite ideals of the old Empire, Poisoned by a corrupt pontiff who would rather support those who give him the most mina and whores than his flock. Our mother church is weeping, GODANI is weeping. Our mothers and grandmothers and children are weeping. I weep for our children whose example we set today. The eyes of history are upon us, and they look upon us with the highest levels of disgust that can be put on paper in this limiting human language. No words can describe the crimes committed by the church, and the destruction of faith we have caused. No words, No words for No Pontiff. You have betrayed everything that you stand by, you are not worthy to even stand on the shoulders of the Exalted you spineless puppet. You are incapable of independent thought. Shame on you.

Every emotion I have is against writing, every word, pen stroke, dip in the ink well, feel like the pain of a thousand swords through my soul. But you have forced my hand, the church you were supposed to lead, has forced my hand into writing this missive. My silence is compliance with evil, and I shall be compliant no longer. Those who are silent in the face of pure evil become that evil that we face. You are that evil, and I feel shame that I feel pain writing these words. For the truth, you should never feel pain writing. You are not the man I helped elect, you have changed, you were a wolf in sheep's clothing. May GODANI have mercy upon you and may you see the error in your ways. I pray for you every second of every day, for every day thereafter. I hope you take these words and let them be ingrained in your soul, that you may see the light once more, the light GODANI. 

Sincerely, 

A Devout Servent of GODANI

Elder Hieromonk Vladrick

uSW4rpYZu3ZAoPfz93K4PTIBWpnGfAdNr0B085Oqwg3yvgYFD-cgTMFiG6h0LcDRxl967fEdl1ojUCsfQrT4GbK7RPu8PTl5sRe3t6dF3pwo9SMpmVXkFslckgC0_iUGJE6sj02p

You drink on the forbidden vine Everard

"Oh here we go again with the 'Wine of the Sacrament' debate," Jurgen sighs.

The Venerable Anders Kortrevich, former Patriarch and Cardinal of Jorenus, would frolic in the Seven Skies. He takes a look at the temporal just this once, and giggles a virtuous giggle, "Is this the same lad who supported Father Paul's disobedience from the Church and his heresies? Must be." he continues on his merry way, happy to be in the Seven Skies for following His Holiness Everard VI, the true and virtuous High Pontiff.

“Too long, won’t read.” Stated a young August Barclay as he hopped about the Reinmaren courtyard.

Father Markos reads the missive and considers throwing it in the fire. However he decides to stow it in his bag. He then feels a wave of shame and guilt fall over him "My Bishop is an anti-pontiff, my mentor rejects the pontiff. My nation and the people I shepherd fell to the wayside the Shepherd has failed the sheep. Cursed by my name and cursed by the day I was born. Cursed be the day my mother bore me. For every day I stand here ridiculed. I have failed in my mission oh God I have failed. Have mercy on me a sinner." Father Markos then slumps into a depression over the matter, feeling that since everyone around him has betrayed the pontiff, he too has failed the pontiff. "Long live the Pontiff" Father Markos states before going back to meditation. 

Max rubs his hands together very Haesenily, plotting the downfall of Humanity through the machinations of the Church and the Muldav Menace.

High Prophet Norli wonders if people will learn to use specific examples when accusing people of corruption, or if perhaps maybe the author was just disgruntled that the emperor had betrayed his own schism within a month.

The newest priest of the Canon, a young Ileana Sava Ursović, penned a letter to the Pontiff.

Your Holiness, in the last few days, I had the misfortune of stumbling upon a missive written by a monk named Vladrick regarding your august person. The name intrigued me, and there was a lingering sense of familiarity to it. I went digging and found references to the man in my mother's journals, which she meticulously kept during her time in Sava. While I would never share that private correspondence with another, I did chance to find a letter, seemingly unsent, written around the time of her death either by the former Despot of my people or by my mother for him. I send it to you now, for your records, and so that you may understand the man who sent this missive:

To His Holiness, Everard VI, High Pontiff of the Church of the Canon, Archbishop of Visigia, Successor of the High Priesthood of the Church, Supreme Pontiff of the Church of True Faith, Keeper of the Canon, Missionary to Aeldin, High Servant to the Exalted's Testaments, Humble Servant of the Faithful and Vicar of GOD,

From His Serene Grace, Andrik Casimir Vasović, Despot of Vasiyeva, Patriarch of House Vasović, The Prophesied One, Defender of the Vasoyevi,

Greetings.

It is with great sorrow that I send this letter to you because, for many years, I considered the Bishop of Pocitanata Maika, our Exarch, Vladrick Cardinal Sava, to be my friend and a stalwart ally of the Vasoyevi. Now, however, I find that his mind has been clouded by rage and unfounded judgment against my people, and I humbly request that you reassign him from our Diocese and place another Bishop in his place.

As you know, since settling in the Valley of Sigismund’s End, the Vasoyevi have welcomed the establishment of a diocese of the Church into our traditional worship. For many years, the traveling ways of my people made it impossible to be properly assigned a diocese or even have a regular priest attend to our needs. When we settled, we were excited to have that change. We placed the Cathedral of Saint Nafis in the center of our city, adjacent to our most prominent square, so that it was the forefront of all social gatherings in Sava. We welcomed the procession of Cardinals that visited Kamp Dragomir as Sava was under construction in a meeting that would eventually lead to the establishment of our Diocese. One of my Izaslanik, my envoys, worked tirelessly with our Bishop and the Curia to ensure that our ways of worship were fully approved by the Church in the establishment of the Obred Pocitanata Maika, that is, the Veziak Rite. It seemed that everything was working out so well between us.

Unfortunately, it has seemed that, in the last five years, the relationship between our Exarch and our people has deteriorated to the point where I feel that it is harming the ability of my people to trust the Church. I have often heard whispers in the streets of Sava that Vasoyevi should travel to Haense or to Oren in order to take Confession as they do not want Confession taken by Bishop Vladrick. Indeed, it is difficult even to find Bishop Vladrick in the city these days, him spending most of his time in the Principality of Sedan.

I now wish to leave several specific reasons why I am requesting this reassignment.

1. Bishop Vladrick has wandered about Vasiyeva, yelling slurs and insults at the Vasoyevi people without provocation.

2. Bishop Vladrick has stated that it is the Church’s official position that the only use for a woman is to bear children and be political pawns.

3. Bishop Vladrick has declared that the Vasoyevi are heathenistic pagans because we hold our women to have an equal, but distinct role compared to men in our society.

4. Bishop Vladrick has stated that the traditions within the Veziak Rite, approved fully by the Curia and issued by himself several years ago, are fully heretical and that the Vasoyevi people are heretics for practicing the rite approved by the Church.

5. Bishop Vladrick has been reluctant to allow any other priest to perform sacraments for the Vasoyevi people, despite his frequent absence from the diocese.

6. Bishop Vladrick has not performed Mass for his diocese in thirteen years.

7. Bishop Vladrick has stated, in what we believe is a lie, that the Curia will revoke the Rite of Revered Mothers within the year so that he can prosecute the Vasoyevi people for practicing it.

8. Bishop Vladrick has stated, in what we believe is a lie, that the Curia is planning to revoke our Diocese, excommunicating the Vasoyevi people entire.

9. Bishop Vladrick has stated, in what we believe is a lie, that the Curia is planning on arresting and executing the Matriarch of Vasiyeva by beheading.

For these reasons, Bishop Vladrick has lost the trust of the Vasoyevi people and myself. I fear that further time with him as our Exarch would push my people away from GOD and the Church if Bishop Vladrick remains HIS and its representative in Sava.

Therefore, with great sadness, I must request that you consider reassigning him from our Diocese and appointing a new Bishop over the people of Vasiyeva.

Thank you for your consideration of this matter.

Fiodor Cardinal Allobrogum snorted, shaking his head as he read over the missive. "What a joke"