A Response to Father Philip

Burnsider

"And Owyn was a Farfolk..." Father Temesch remarked in the halls of the Lectorate. He added on more to the heir of Savoy he was tutoring, "But next, I need to tell you something the Church will never admit. That Saint Julia was is actually Saint Ju-" The rain hitting the tops of the castle faded out the priest's voice.

To Presbyter Ileana, in response to her letter.

I'm most warmed by your welcome, the reasons of my quick departure are many, yet the one which mostly affected me was the Emperor's calling. He and his advisors sent letters to me, they craved for my return, even though I openly stood against the Imperial Administration and threw insults at. In similarity, I stood against the High Pontiff, but his response was silence. Your letters are of no significance for me, for my wish is to converse with the Vicar of God. Yet he hides behind his inner circle of priests.

You use Canon Law as protection of your non-existent evidence, but as Priest of the Canon, I believe that my eyes should witness such proof. So if it exists, please do share it with the Clergy. The same codex that you hide yourself behind, prohibited your gender from being ordained for centuries. After all the Holy Scrolls are the only divine texts and any interpretation may be false.

The High Pontiff is the one who has placed the anathema by his own consideration, we cannot be sure whether it's just or not. The possibility of dethroning the Pontifex shows that his Holiness is not invariably righteous and flawless. He is the Vicar of God, but not God himself. The nature of his office is divine, yet he is not. You ask the Emperor to abdicate his titles, but if he hasn't sinned or committed crime, why would he? If you were virtuous and crimeless, would you give up your station if asked?

Signed,
Father Philip of Provins

"I think this might be written to that priest who said such blasphemous things about His Holiness" Father Clemens said to Father Katerina @MissToniupon reading the public letter.