A Ludovar's Last Stand [PK]

Spoiler

Stepping into the fighting arena, the elderly Aleksandra Sofiya Ludovar prepared to retain her title as Grand Champion of Karosgrad. Despite the grays of her hair and the limp of her step, she remained a warrior at heart. Nevertheless, the terrible effects of age had taken a considerable toll on her. 

In the first round, she was set to fight the Lord Marshal. To the astonishment of the audience, the 87 year old Dame managed to secure a victory against the Marshal, albeit, barely.

In the second round, she was contested against the young and acclaimed warrior, Prince Lucien of Savoy–of whom she was no match. As their blades clashed, the Prince’s strength exceeded her own, causing her to stagger backward. Collapsing to the ground in coughs and gasps for air, her life flashed before her eyes.

Her cheerful youth in Johnstown; life was much simpler back then. The small, cozy keep surrounded by shacks with roofs of hay. The farm animals and their unbearable stench. Her friends who accompanied her on adventurous excursions. Her family who had always been there for her.

Her expedition around Arcas in her young adulthood. The people she had met; the sights she had seen. The lengthy travels down windy roads, accompanied by none but her horse. Peaceful, in a sense.

Her eventual and unexpectedly abrupt return to Haense upon hearing of the Inferi threat. Her travels to their hellscape to dispose of the creatures.

Her enlistment in the Haense Royal Army and her eventual promotion to Sergeant. The difficult duties she had to fulfill in her position; namely, the slaying of her own father when he drew a blade upon the Queen. The long-lasting fight against the trolls. The loss of both her arm and leg on an expedition to the trolls’ cavern; yet her persistence, even when all seemed lost. 

Her dedication as Kastellan of Settlement. The countless Haeseni newcomers she had assisted; the smiles she brought to their faces. Her eventual knighting as Dame of the Lily. 

Her short lived, though memorable time serving on the Aulic Council as High Seneschal. Her ultimate realization that she was a leader not with a pen, but with a sword. 

Her expedition to the Attenlund, disposing of the violent creatures which inhabited it.

Her return to Haense where she proved victorious in the Grand Champion Tournament; becoming the first woman and second ever to acquire the title Grand Champion of Karosgrad. 

The generations upon generations of Ludovars she saw grow, and her immense love for each and every one of her kin. The pride and joy she felt when the County of Otistadt had been returned to her House.

Then, all went black.

When she awoke some time later, she found herself surrounded by anxious medics, the King of Haense, plenty of unfamiliar, blurry faces, and her great-niece, Adele. The medics tried to assist the dying woman, and the King himself begged her to remain strong, but it was no use. After a long, joyful, fulfilling life, she was finally ready to pass on. Beckoning her kin forth, she used her remaining strength to utter her final words:

“Do niet forget me”

FVZvuClHqrbiJMQBSZDYfh30RQr1UnhAsE30P_OjTQQ5-3Dqx5oBAvYNjkbJiwVbFCC4EQcbQAcSTbT7U1IOTtGk840pwJbtDd9zQk6fsW0mzqm0933kfdrmjGapmnBssF27kDl5

Aleksandra Sofiya Ludovar

1775-1862

High Seneschal

Kastellan of Settlement

Dame of the Lily

HRA Sergeant

Grand Champion of Karosgrad

Spoiler

It's been a good run for Aleksandra and I figured it was time to put an end to her story. I've played this character for over a year and a half now, and I've had a blast every step of the way. Huge thanks to @Rudi@ColdestPepsi, and @MissToni, who gave me the opportunity to try out leadership for the first time. Additionally, I'm incredibly grateful to all of House Ludovar and the Haense community as a whole. It's been real o7

Here are some random screenshots I wanted to throw in. Enjoy.

Jf3i0O1ueKfsbPh95HwkiRRGplU2h5RSR50Ixp_icF2dvHbcMIgD2yCT29bIIZCys2M_UnPBtNKD_P0lfAOk31Bc066ucgzuvMdIx2LlMUyBwdSqmI-eyNF9L2RFLN2GRbzA7E-4

lN3GnLb2sJ8OMsVHnGAKE6H-VeIxLs01RuoZBWzQ0NBiJWjJkWVxYng0xkWl9DPYLGZFUS8Ls5BE0rj-03EkWCGlb8spxAoS85dMxrEr9RCgu8BQtsRPUD1TIoJTYvyv4LWoN_VA

Ov83eHUP-3hk50ILrenOPMNZz4t68MkNdBfbWSCmr2x9h065e6L8Z9icbVqAmLAT6SrN90xGTjRekPAjig7-BDqcFnuxFZ8pABIVdqFfJnPqPKg7TiB5zDsEhQBdFPQzX6XB-fczKPjEb0FsZJdYrmWEfeJgNxcSZO1BlGj70PWIGRddFuTwkVNZQCCKcoJmAeYvgPRFlRDO5dn83NUrSAdUrZPArmOCfIG6x_ob2qE8T4dJK6Y506l0zo7TApPhTiaHKAc5bU7AFDpB

ILD0H5l4A-sveHwQl7HGX8Xk7qv9VKJfEowpsAHVZ1bLXSoBCWgO2vQgzLLXENE16Np_QO52MSBlgfA1ObYOISWELPWSN3C8sJYtfF4-hxWKy4p_FOJtmY1oRIp3RYOHgfMvSuT-

Fionn Castaway had a smile on his face as he witnessed the aged woman enter the Seven Skies. He recalled the memories he had with her, his friend and predecessor as Seneschal, but none of it would matter now. What mattered is that now he could bother her for all time. "Welcome to Hell." he greeted her jokingly as he tossed a Carrion her way, one of many he had hoarded.

Adele Emma Ludovar lowers her head in respect for the accomplishments of her Great Aunt. "Ea... Ea will niet, Aedymamej, ea promise." She whispers, holding back a mournful sob. She had been very shaken by witnessing Aleksandra's death, and the responsibility and respect that had been given to her following the event had caught her off-guard.

"I will miss vy Aleksandra." The Elderly former Count of Otistadt, Kazimir would mutter to himself as he took a sip of Carrion Black, again in-front of a crackling fireplace in an undisclosed location. He would proceed to sign the Lorraine cross and remember the many fond times they had.

The count of Otistadt have just left the clinic when he heard of his great aunt's death.

His already pale face lost yet another shade. He waited a bit before showing his real emotion, staying strong beside his daughter.

When he finally got to his cold room in the top of the keep, Johann broke down. His only aunt who stayed with them, the only aunt who always lent a hand when he needed her... "Spasibo for everything... Vy will be remembered. Spasibo.." He muttered

Viktor Romstun scans over the missive with a small hum, crumbling and throwing it away without another thought.

Ingrid Barclay welcomed Aleksandra to the seven skies. Going to clap her on the shoulder

"The pen is niet for everyone dear, but I am proud of vyr accomplishments nonetheless" she offered her a smile as they walked to greet the rest.

The Elder-Hieromonk would hear of the new from a bird. Upon reading the letter the Aged Monk would lay the letter next to himself, taking his cane and standing up looking over the mountain on the outskirts of Louisville. His eyes set towards the north as they filled with tears "Aleks....you stubborn woman, why did vy have to keep fighting. Vy did inheirt Papej's fighting spirit but" he choke on his words" My vy find peace in the seven skies dear Sister. I will see vy someone" he'd finished before falling to his knee in sobs