[✓] [Lore Amendment/Addition] Malchediael's Radiant Templars: PATCH PHASE 1

Islamadon

I really like the details of this piece, there's a few nitpicks that other's have pointed out, but aside from that it looks great

1 hour ago, Heero said:

I'm getting sent to the moon anyways, might as well try to leave something I have in a healthier state

Also for the other recommendations in this thread, I will compile and edit after I sleep and am not brainrotted.
unknown.png

I don't like Trophy bc it encourages murder hoboing on my CAs and Magic-Stacking characters : * once again breenites trying to disrupt the dark magic community !!!!

3 hours ago, TreeSmoothie said:

^^ this

Inferi corpses turn to ash upon death (unless it's changed), Eidolas, I believe, turn from stone into a gelatinous puddle

Perhaps this one should be reworked a lil

that as well from what I understand, Azdrazi are not by functionality 'dark' creatures in terms of how their magic functions, and their bodies also are reduced to ash upon death.

2 minutes ago, King_Kunuk said:

that as well from what I understand, Azdrazi are not by functionality 'dark' creatures in terms of how their magic functions, and their bodies also are reduced to ash upon death.

Ah, wdym?

1 hour ago, TreeSmoothie said:

Ah, wdym?

well azdrazi when they die turn to ash

and heraldry/azdrazi are not 'dark magic' or entirely dark entities. They are draconic which are very different things. It just so happens that Azdromoth, the guy who made the azdrazi, is evil. (Ima leave out corrupted azdrazi since those things are evil)

it is like saying uhh.... bit of a bad example, but because Kha are made by a daemon and have their roots inbended in questionable origins, they are not inherently 'evil' as their soul isn;t tainted

The replacement for the holy flashbang means that you can't stand at the front of a teamfight without blinding your friends...

2 hours ago, King_Kunuk said:

Though I understand the concept of Azdrazi not being on the level of an undead CA, at a certain point I consider it pedantic. I think most rational people on the server will agree, at least aesthetically and archetypally, that Azdrazi are not epic holy/neutral guys. They actively serve Iblees's dog collared butler and no amount of coping rationale will ever change that until either Azdromoth or Iblees are six feet under [Xan won't take the shot tho he's bit of a voyeur]. I will theorize a different term for "Dark CA" though, but it is the easiest thing to label the group of affected CAs as.
---

1 hour ago, Setsuko_ said:

The replacement for the holy flashbang means that you can't stand at the front of a teamfight without blinding your friends...

As it stood currently you'd have a chance of blinding them regardless if they looked the direction of the shiny tennis ball. For a theoretical reduced emote cost and the ability for your friends to temporarily close their eyes like everyone else - it's not a bad deal. 
---
With regards to the others on the matter of disintegrating CAs... Eidolas were never intended to be used as trophy since mysticism [will clarify so thank you for the reminder] but it seems to me everyone else has some kind of epic disintegration mechanic! Inferni turning to ash alongside Azdrazi, Eidola to dust, Silit into cherry flavored vapor... Overall the point of Trophy was to preserve a decapitated head and prevent that disintegration, but it definitely requires a more surefire way to preserve it without destroying the regen mechanics of other CAs.

14 minutes ago, Islamadon said:

With regards to the others on the matter of disintegrating CAs... Eidolas were never intended to be used as trophy since mysticism [will clarify so thank you for the reminder] but it seems to me everyone else has some kind of epic disintegration mechanic! Inferni turning to ash alongside Azdrazi, Eidola to dust, Silit into cherry flavored vapor... Overall the point of Trophy was to preserve a decapitated head and prevent that disintegration, but it definitely requires a more surefire way to preserve it without destroying the regen mechanics of other CAs.

Idea: what if a CA gets killed by the imbued sword/bound sword/funny return sword, everything turns to shit as usual besides the head? Leaving that basically behind in a puddle of its own rotting remains. Have some fancy light around it like a bubble preserving it after which the templar can go and pick it up.

As someone who just recently began to get up to antics involving this magic, it's good to see that the community surrounding it is still active and supportive to ensure the magic stays interesting and active!

Any nitpicks or complaints I would have listed before have already been addressed. Love the write, good job!

2 hours ago, Islamadon said:

Though I understand the concept of Azdrazi not being on the level of an undead CA, at a certain point I consider it pedantic. I think most rational people on the server will agree, at least aesthetically and archetypally, that Azdrazi are not epic holy/neutral guys. They actively serve Iblees's dog collared butler and no amount of coping rationale will ever change that until either Azdromoth or Iblees are six feet under [Xan won't take the shot tho he's bit of a voyeur]. I will theorize a different term for "Dark CA" though, but it is the easiest thing to label the group of affected CAs as.
---

As it stood currently you'd have a chance of blinding them regardless if they looked the direction of the shiny tennis ball. For a theoretical reduced emote cost and the ability for your friends to temporarily close their eyes like everyone else - it's not a bad deal. 
---

Ignore Kunuk. Azdrazi is a Dark CA. Me and spoon wrote it as a Dark CA with the current iteration. Nothing about the Azdrazi is neutral or good as you said. They should be perished. Killed wherever they are found. Pugsied even. 

41 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

Ignore Kunuk. Azdrazi is a Dark CA. Me and spoon wrote it as a Dark CA with the current iteration. Nothing about the Azdrazi is neutral or good as you said. They should be perished. Killed wherever they are found. Pugsied even. 

trolll.jpg.f824f226cb919b250fa4cbc0ac83dba6.jpg

you write this but couldn't take two seconds to approve quentin brae summoning lore