ETERNALITY

bickando

gq5V0X_NEcH_N7j4zaQAnHM1tmZS4BerHADxdU-f

ETERNALITY

We see ourselves as ETERNAL, lliran - sons and daughters of Larihei, our writs recorded for the eons and our deeds in living memory for countless Valah generations. Yet today I find that questioned - for the past few months I have spent staring out the gate of our so aptly named Eternal Library, watching executions in the streets in the name of order.

The 'thilln are a breed of logicians and orators, of thinkers and writers; that is to say, we are a largely defenseless lot. Atop our marble walls sit fewer cannons than one finds in a single Orenian hamlet; behind them sits an army suitable only for putting down civilians. And put them down they have; in the streets and in their homes are the Sohaerites hunted for the misdeed of wishing to continue a status quo we have known since the time of Larihei, etched into the history of the world by such figures as Lucion Sullas, the infamous Kalenz Uradir, and the far more recent Dimaethor Visaj. Abiding by the will of the Maheral and Malauriran could be counted on as surely as the sun rising - which means the sun must not have risen this past year, for all their calls and requests went unheeded.

Though I was voted in by the Silver Council under Ayliana Valwynn, both sides in this conflict have insofar seen fit to affirm my measures towards the neutrality and security of the Library - but I will spell out my personal stance, and my stance as Okarir'maehr, in full, that there may be no confusion - and that, should we wish to continue persecuting Haelunorians for what I can only see to be peaceful protest, I am not alone spared.

I find no solace in releasing this missive, and would apologize to the Valwynns for what will appear a betrayal - but I have lived by maehr'sae hiylun'ehya my entire life, and know no recourse but Larihei's teachings. The below three points summarize my beliefs on this civil war.

OEM | I abide by the will of elMaheral and elMalauriran, and their words are the words of elcihi and the mali'thilln; for to be pure is defined by their example, and one cannot be 'thill in the absence of their teachings.

NIUT | Those hired by the claimant Ivarielle hold no grounds for their terrorization of the denizens of elcihi; and so long as she continues to employ foreign bandit-mercenaries to murder defenseless Haelunorians (a misdeed I was an unfortunate witness to, and which caused me to board up the Library in the first place) instead of partaking in civilized debate, I shall continue to refuse acknowledgement of any claims or transfers of power to her. Engage our people in shows of culture, speeches and rallies; not with the blades of nameless hordes.

HAEL | ElMalauriran have demanded a vote among our people; the pure, especially those learned in our histories, would abide. That she continues to rely on the support of foreign legions speaks either to her insecurity in her popularity among the greater populace, or that she finds greater happiness among those masked masses than in engaging her own would-be peoples in our traditions. Neither are traits I would see in one meant to lead our people.

maehr'sae hiylun'ehya

Okarir'maehr

Tiuthwyn

elTalonnii Visaj

"The Blessed Malauriran are an institution as old as Haelun'or itself. It is they, who are most pure, most like Larihei in their resolve and adherence to our blessed ways. My Silver Constitution brought democracy back to Haelun'or, now it has been usurped by a false Uthir - no longer, I say. It is time for elMalauriran to act. Dearest Okarir'maehr, I support your words." Comments Braxus Ni'leya aloud as he reads the missive.

Edited by Gavin_

42 minutes ago, bickando said:

HAEL | ElMalauriran have demanded a vote among our people; the pure, especially those learned in our histories, would abide. 

"This is the democracy the want, who are to define the pure, they want to control the vote, and we will not let them." she remarked, after Guide read these words to her "Remember what I've said constantly my lliran, these are the words coming from those opposing Ivarielle who spoke of killing us if they had the chance. All one can hope is those who currently oppose her see reason, lest they be betrayed and murdered behind close doors, for none to know."

24 minutes ago, Venomous_Pup said:

"This is the democracy the want, who are to define the pure, they want to control the vote, and we will not let them." she remarked, after Guide read these words to her "Remember what I've said constantly my lliran, these are the words coming from those opposing Ivarielle who spoke of killing us if they had the chance. All one can hope is those who currently oppose her see reason, lest they be betrayed and murdered behind close doors, for none to know."

"The pure are defined by truth alone! One who slays the unarmed and innocent are impure. Those who support the slaughters, and those who refuse to denounce them are equally tarnished. Those who would rather be enslaved than face democracy are not pure of mind pure of silver soul"

A beautiful elf rebutes

"None of your false flag missives calling for arms in anything but self defense could dissuade the pure citizens! Who have never shed even 'ata blood! The Republic is the Citizenry and the Citizenry is Haelun'or!" 

1 hour ago, SteppeNomad said:

"The pure are defined by truth alone! One who slays the unarmed and innocent are impure. Those who support the slaughters, and those who refuse to denounce them are equally tarnished. Those who would rather be enslaved than face democracy are not pure of mind pure of silver soul"

A beautiful elf rebutes

"None of your false flag missives calling for arms in anything but self defense could dissuade the pure citizens! Who have never shed even 'ata blood! The Republic is the Citizenry and the Citizenry is Haelun'or!" 

"Guide." she simply said, as the micro-atroanch became alert hearing it's name spoken, quietly speaking so only Laerdya could hear, she then commanded "Give this fellow the second last missive you read to me." And so the micro-atroanch grabbed ahold of the missive that remained in her satchel, before plopping it in front of this prideful Elf, Laerdya then simply commented to the Elf "I do believe this is one of the insurgent's writings, given the contents that I had read to me. Not once have we called for slaughter, we only seek to defend our home from those who would cause chaos, and then blame those they caused chaos against, it is unfortunate that you, who claim to have 'aheral blood, who says they would follow the facts, logic, and truth, truth no matter how bitter it may taste, opt to constantly ignore it. That is the view of 'ata, to ignore truth, to stand with dark beings, to gain power for power's sake. Ivarielle has the people with her, we merely wish to exist in our home without disturbance and to suffer mockery, as it is impure to perform, and none of 'Aheral blood should have to deal with in Haelun'or. Hopefully in time, you will come to see the truth, and it will set you free. I will not humor most of what you said, because frankly, it is deranged conspiracy. It would be interesting to see what those who oppose Ivarielle do in their private meetings, but given your calls for violence, and these bizarre comments, I fear it would only lead one to become 'ata. "

"Ay'Ivarielle, Ay'Larihei. Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya."

(( Link to the 'second last' missive ))

Valazaer Calith reads over the missive and abruptly lets out a loud laugh, "Aha! Good, the Okarir agrees with us, the people for want of vote." His ear twitches at the screeching of a snow elf nearby. He mutters, though not at all quietly. "Who is one who cannot see due to the burrowing of a parasite in their brain due to siding with the fennec to define what an 'ata is? The embodiment of impurity stands before us. I suppose they might not even know what a talonni is.."  His eyes settle upon the missive once more, his grin wide. His eyes bright and most definitely alive.

"Ay'Larihei, Ay'Republic. Ay'Haelunor. Maehrsae Hiylun'ehya."

[!] One elf would find a copy of the notice that happened to be pinned upon the city bulletin board, attaching a comment of reply beneath in somewhat scrawl-like handwriting; messy, but legible nonetheless.

" A Citizen's Addendum:

I had thought that Ivarielle hoped to keep on-board the elected council, at least - but alas.

From the many shows of no-confidence issued by council-members since her introduction to the city, to the active disrespect, disregard and even outright assault of members of elHeial'thilln upon our streets from the 'fenn and 'ata she brought in - quoting their love for Ivarielle as reason to attack elOkarir'tir, an elfess on Ivarielle's own council - it seems any notion of support from genuine Mali'thill is lost. We know now of miss Maehr'tehral's treacherous nature, and it seems miss Ivarielle is no different.

A murderer, a traitor, a liar and a fool, if she accepts knowledge of these events yet does nothing; perhaps some redemption could be offered should she never have known of this til now, acting immediately to remove the 'fenn 'ata'ehya, bringing peace to our streets and an Election to the people. Perhaps then she might gain to command but a little respect, stepping away from deceit and keeping to her word. The time for lies ends now, little princess; accept that you have been blinded by your vision for the future, and have allowed tragedies to occur whilst stuck within fantasy. Accept this, and bring about change, should you wish to hold any grain of hope for legitimacy.

The words of a petitioning elf, beaten without bearing arms, never given chance to peacefully leave,

~ A. Miravaris 

P.S - do send any inquiries or invitations to tea my way. I am willing to discuss with most any who wish to speak civilly, even the fool, Ivarielle, herself."