The Raven Flew. [PK]

outcook

Spoiler

Viktor Romstun accompanied his family into the tavern of Old Providence, offering to brew his nephew and niece something to drink. The sun shone brilliantly in the clear blue sky, the laughter and chitter-chatter of young Romstun children filling such a beautiful atmosphere. 

Oh, where did he go wrong?    

Viktor Romstun was only a boy then, when he twirled and laughed beside his brother in the rain. Grass tickled at his bare feet, and the young Viktor glanced down to the swath of damp green around him. The sun favored him that day, enveloping the Earth with a vibrant shine, accompanied with unexpected rain. The love he had for this meteorological phenomenon - a sunshower. It was a fiery love, an appreciation for the little things in life. 

Oh, where did he go wrong?

Viktor Romstun clenched the withered rose in his hands, dewy-eyed. He gulped, trying to tame his fear and emotion. He stood atop muddied Earth, sparks of flame engulfing the airspace around him. The distant cries of those victim to his horrors and his sin echo about, their poor souls haunting him forever. Those he killed, those who suffered his wrath, those who where unfortunate enough to be caught in his entanglement of emotions...they were the poor souls which haunted him forever.

Perhaps, it was then?

It began when fate bit him in the ass, when the universe punished him for his crime. It captured everyone he loved, everyone he'd die for. It grasped them - stole them, killed them. It brought him devastating sorrow and despair, it made him feel as if his heart was tugged by the strings - twisted and turned, ripped out of his flesh. This was nothing but a façade, something he told himself to conceal the brutal truth. The possibility that this recurring phenomenon in his life was simply because...nobody loved him. 

Divider PNG images, Line Divider Pictures Free Download - Free Transparent  PNG Logos
Like Darius, his brother.
The old souls' cackles were hoarse, a dark brown beard glimmering when exposed to firelight.
He recalls the many nights he spent with his brother in Old Providence, hands clasped behind their backs, adoring the light of stars pressing against a blackened night sky.

He remembers his brotherly love, a rough yet playful love.
When his glove rubbed against his head,
“Stop that!” Viktor said through laughs, hugging his older brother.
How much he longs for that childish habit - a childish show of love. A love that meant everything to him.
(@ItemVendor)

Oh, but like everyone else. He vanished.

Divider PNG images, Line Divider Pictures Free Download - Free Transparent  PNG Logos
Like Faux, his dearest friend.
Oh, why did it have to end?
For she was his dearest friend.
Eyes as blue as a clear blue sky,
She was his partner in crime, partner in cry. She was there, when he was in his prime.
“Then we are precisely in the same boat.” Yes, she was patient, that’s why. Finally, someone understood him.

Finally, someone-
(@iFractal)

Oh, but like everyone else. She vanished.

Like Grace, his niece.
He remembers the times when she was young.
She was sophisticated, yet cheerful. Her warm smile could wash away all his stress and worry in an instant.
She was the definition of pure beauty. Light blue eyes like her father, long blonde hair. She was a kind-hearted and mature soul, the perfect child.

She was left by her mother and father, left to roam such an accursed world all on her own. He knew the feeling all too well, to be abandoned by the people you thought cared about you.

The feeling of losing a loved one, the feeling that a piece of your heart has been torn. It was this that made him want to care for her, guide her, protect her from all danger.

He would crumble completely when she cried, all he ever wanted to do was to stay by her side.
(@iFractal)

He failed her.

Like Solana, the bright figure of yellow and brown he could spot from a mile away.

The clink and clank of her jewels pressing together etched permanently into his mind, exchanging a warm smile with the woman almost every time he saw her.

She was one of the last people he could find true happiness in, where he could reach out and be pulled out of the depths of a void, the depths of a hell he wasn’t ready to face.

The bright figure of yellow and brown.
(@holyterrain)

Oh, but like everyone else. She vanished.

However.

Viktor Romstun was quite literally on the verge of death, his armoured heels dug against the glossy edge of Providence’s city hall balcony. Dark clouds formed above him, thunder rumbling in the distance. A storm was near, his signature Staff of Homa pressed against the neck of his hostage. Primrose Gendik. She was liable for the death of his friend, the last thing needed to push Viktor into an utter state of desolation. Countless bystanders shouted from below, pleading for Viktor to stop. He told them how much she, the Gendik had hurt him. He attempted to justify why he yearned to punish her, to scar her so much. Through all their pleads, a special voice stuck out to him. A voice he…hadn’t heard in years.

“Viktor!” The voice cracked, “Viktor, it is me,” the voice begged and strained. “Viktor, it is Solana… I'm here, please- what are you doing…”

It was…her? Her?

“Please- Viktor, I love you!”

She loves him?

Her sudden reappearance bemused him, and her words pierced so deep that he completely forgot the severity of the situation he was in. Before he knew it, swarms of people gathered on the balcony. His attention drifted upon the bright figure of yellow and brown, who appeared smeared in his tear filled eyes.

“She…loves me?” Those three words echoed around in his head, the man not even realizing that his weapon was released from the woman. It fell to the ground with a loud clatter, and as  the bystanders scurried to help the woman, an intense downpour began. Rain violently pattered against his armour, and the wind rushed through his hair. Tears seeped through his eyes and streamed down his face, hair locks thinned from the rain. At that moment, he was absent from it all. Their pleads and cries drowned by his racing mind.

“She loves me…” Viktor murmured to himself, words barely sounding through the fierce rainstorm. He grasped onto his pocket watch, his lifesaver, in case he were to change his mind. Taking dallied, singular steps back, Viktor smiled in what could've been his final moments. His muscles relaxed, his body sunk, and he fell off the edge. Angry bursts of wind slammed against his body, mouth opening to mutter again. 

“She loves me...?” 

Every time he uttered those words...

"No, why would anyone ever love you?"

"She loves me..." 

He was met with a response, a response from the voice inside his head. The last bit of pessimism inside of him.

"̵N̶o̶,̵ ̵n̵o̷ ̷o̷n̵e̷ ̸l̴o̸v̷e̵s̴ ̸y̵o̸u̵.̷"̴

"She loves me." 

But slowly...

"̵̦͛N̸̥̈́ǫ̶͠!̸̨͊ ̵́ͅỲ̵͖ǫ̴̔ų̴̈́ ̷̫̀a̴̢̾r̶͕͒ḛ̶́n̵͇̈́'̵͜͝t̵̗̓ ̷̳̀l̴̫̅ǒ̷̖v̴̟̓e̶̢͆ḑ̸̽!̶̫͗"̶̙͆

"She loves me!"

that response...

"̷̰̞̮̰̟̞͗́̽̀̒̔̉̕N̶̜͗̾̎̃̒͝ͅō̸͇̩̯͎̺̣͛̄̌̚͝͝!̴̪̟͍͇̪̒̎̄̔̐̊͑̌ ̶̗͉̤̊̓͌͗̀̎̑N̶̛͓̺ő̵͈!̸̳͌͂̏͑̔̈̚ ̵͔̙͕̖̖̌͆̃͒̎̽͜Ṉ̵͇̙̔̈́͊̂̎̕̚̕ȯ̷̢͕̩̠͔̂͐̊̑͆ͅ!̵̢̻͈͍̘̾̄̀̔̎͘ ̶̫̗̍̚N̷̢̖͔̤̦̬̩̄̃̿̈ơ̵̜̈́͆̐͗!̵̲̎̈́͗̓͐̓̍"̶̛̻̞͓̝̀̿̊̈̈̎

"She loves me!"

capitulated.

The chains swung- he vanished, returning moments later with a thud. His final moments are comparable to the moment a rain droplet trickles down to the edge of a leaf, and falls - only to be absorbed by the muddied Earth some seconds later. When Viktor chose to live, and shifted some meters to his side to survive, the leaf shook. When he fell to the ground, letting out a raspy grunt, the water trickled to the edge of the leaf, preparing to fall. When he gazed to the hoard of people present, a mixture of guards and citizens alike - when he saw the armoured man pivot on his heel, dagger in hand, and make his way to the defenseless Viktor Romstun, the droplet gently slid off the leaf and made it's way to the ground. 

"Is this what they mean? Time's almost frozen." Viktor thought, eyes surveying the deathly still figures around him. "Everything slows down...right before you die?" In what felt like an eternity to the him, Viktor's ponderous mind touched upon many subjects in those few moments. However, he had truly accepted everything up to that moment. He no longer believed he was a monster, he forgave himself for the things he had done, the things that gnawed away at his sanity practically everyday. He simply chose to be at peace with it all. 

Finally, the dagger came into contact with his flesh, it's blade driving deep into his skull. His fastened - shallow breaths ceased, his body went limp, and his thoughts washed away. The rain droplet fell into Earth, and so...

The Raven flew. ~

Spoiler

OOC:

First, I'd like to thank ItemVendor for giving me the opportunity to even play such a character. It was my first ever family persona, and I have a great time. This was by far by greatest written character, far better than anything else I could have produced. So thank you, Vendor.

Second I'd like to thank iFractal, who gave this character most of it's early development. Thanks to her exceptional roleplay and assistance oocly, I was able to pave a splendid path for this character to take. Thank you!

Third, I'd like to thank TryaxReck. Putting the controversy of this player behind, he gave me a reason to keep playing this character when things were looking dull - alongside providing me with countless hours of roleplay. 

Thank you to any others for almost 300 hours of character development, and I hope to see you all on other characters!

.                                                      

Edited by Fumi

i may not be involved with this character whatsoever fumi

but DAMN that was a good pk post

good read +1

Sergeant Major Kendrick Nightingale stared the missive blankly before moving it aside“Who?” He’d ask himself at his own desk.

Edited by oryP

Excellent post my man. He was a good persona. I believe Viktor with all his flaws let you truly shine as an Rp'er, and with that he has opened many future doors for you in terms of RP quality.

"Would you like a new eye, Doctor?" The man's voice said within the surgical room's walls. "We can make you one. What color would you prefer?" 

Dr. Primrose Gendik jolted as gislocinovi oil was squirted into the empty eye socket after she was treated by her mentor, Lector Danzen. Her good eye opened to glance towards the first man's voice, Lector Stor Vuiller, and gave him a thankful smile. "I appreciate your offer, my friend, but I will have to decline for now." The single brown eye turned to her husband in the corner. "Scars aren't a bad things, after all." 

It was much easier to break something that to fix it. To break something only took a few mere seconds - the Staff of Homa only had to pierce her eye within seconds for Primrose to lose it. To fix it... well, this was something that couldn't be "fixed". No glass eye could replace what was lost... Nothing could replace the life she took away either.

And yet when Viktor Romstun had allowed her to treat her eye before being taken to the city hall, she smiled to him. She forgave him. Prim knew it was coming for her, just not when. Anyone in their right mind would have done it for someone they loved too. Wouldn't you?

And so, it was an even deal. An eye for a life.