The Sun Sets on Savoy [PK]

The Sun Sets on Savoy [PK]

Blood, blood was the source of life to all. It was the Ichor that allowed all of descendant-kind to live, to feel, to love, and to lose. Afterall life was a beautiful and precious thing, and it was in death that that beauty could be found. Lucius was always a peaceful and caring man, and he understood that peace needed more than harmony; it needed strength. In his youth he wandered into the grand city of San Luciano, the place he would eventually call his home, the place where he would define himself. He wore the sun of Savoy upon his back; both as a symbol of pride and a symbol that withheld a deeper meaning. He was all in all a loving man, one who could never fully hate a soul, but he never truly hated a soul as much as he hated his own for staining his teeth with that blessed crimson ichor he so swore to protect.

His writ of disownment came of no surprise to him. Lucius was a family man and he understood that it was family who moves us. They are the ones who drive us into our deepest darkness, and who bring us out into the sweetest reprieve. He had never had a family, not until he made his way to Oren, not until he met the Vuillers. There in their home he found what he had missed, he found what had been stolen from him in his youth. That bond of family led him to be a man he wanted them to be proud of.

In his last few days of life Lucius did his best to act as if nothing had changed. That was how he always was, he didn't want to worry his children or wife with the rumors surrounding him. Should anyone ask him, he would’ve told them the truth, helped them even. The rumors about him were true; he wasn't going to hide it. He was proud of who he was, what he was. He even made a new set of armor with the colors to reflect his darker nature.

The day of the battle started with a bitter morning for him. He felt oddly at peace as a frigid sense of calm washed over him. His bones were cold and frozen as he strolled through the streets of providence, the night dreadful. If only he had stayed home, if only he could have hugged his kids one last time. He went out for a midnight stroll as he was halted by a man who recognized his redesigned guard's armor. He asked Lucius and some other members of the ISA to go look for his friend who had gone missing. The members of his patrol eventually made their way out to the city to the horrid night’s fog that covered the pale moonlight-stricken fields. There Lucius would battle a man he once admired and be slain by the same hands that created so many beauties for him. 

Lucius’s thoughts throughout the fight were simple; he thought of nothing but the blood shed on the field of battle. The exchanging of strikes from the blade of his opponent in the flow of their Macabre dance. As he took strike and gash he would slowly begin to reminisce about the events of his short life. He would begin to see the faces of his darling sons and daughters, his wife, everyone who he ever loved. Then there fell a most awful silence as he thought no more, he made no sound as he died. As quickly as he began to live, he found his life ended as if a bubble had popped, and thus arrived the end of his story.

[!] Lucius had at some point written letters for his beloved family and close friends. His son, Rorik having found them would slowly begin to look for the people and deliver them in the coming days.

Edited by AgentofDeath13

Joseph d'Azor took another long sip of the wine as he remembered back to his friend Lucius and having to find the body. "Goodness... sometimes one can tell when they are getting too old..." He took another long swig of wine, hoping to keep the memories of his friend as he sought to drown others. 

Ravn Vuiller frowned at the news, taking a quiet moment to herself. She understood the disownment, the dark path he took but she still cared for him, hoped that he may be able to find a way to become the man they all knew. Now, there was no such chances as he is gone.

Maria had heard the news after the loss of her old friend from her teenage years, she blinked at first, not really taking it in, but in a moment of clarity she realized what this meant. Her son, the only child she'd ever really made any sort of effort for, and genuinely gave a shit about.... was gone.

Maria sat at her study, starting to pen a letter but then the mental clarity was gone again and she turned to her cousin Elara again. @Majesticpasta

"Remind me to see my son again sometime." She murmured.

"I have no father figure once again" - says (insert child name of Lucius and Raina) 

Josephine Wick-Vuiller hears of her older brother’s death and a loud scream emitted from her. Her only known brother was dead. Her protector was dead. Josie looks upon her sleeping children, how they managed, she did not know. She presses a hand against her youngest’s forehead “He’ll never know of your faces..” Her lip wobbles as she drops to the floor, a flood of tears coming throughout the night.

Ezra Wick-Draskovic collapses on the floor, staring blankly at the wall in front of her as she does so. She tries her hardest to wipe away tears but they continue to come “I wanted you to try cake with me..” That was all the little girl could manage to say as she curled up into a ball, waiting until someone eventually found her.

The sun was blazing hot in Providence, with the people of Oren in the streets with the hustle and bustle of the square. Treble de Murat was sitting in the tavern, a cold drink satisfying his thirst as a courier made their way to him. “What do you want lad?” The courier had a look of deep regret on their face as they handed the missive to the Former Deputy Mayor of Providence. A drink would shatter, plate hitting brick rang throughout the chamber. As the young soldier cried out, he would sign the Lorraine. “One last battle, for you, my fallen best friend.

Sir Duncan Vuiller would lie in bed, his growing age beginning to wear him down as he looks to the ceiling “At least he got a knighthood to honour him” he chuckles as he falls asleep

Reading over the missive within is office at Vuillermoz a slight tear left the towering Viscount, As Rev would stand walking upon the roofs of his family keep he looked over their family town. He had taken no pleasurer in disowning Lucius, his heart had ached as he had seen a young man filled with such ambition get twisted into the depths of the void. He held the missive within his hands, looking down upon it as his tears would stain the paper. A feeling of regret and guilt filling the man, could this all be his fault? 

After many hours the man would walk down the halls of his home, the man looking to the wall within the family room, there hung a old painting of some unknown Knights. Rev would think for himself for a moment before he left for the shipment delivery rooms finding a wooden box hidden in one of the corners, he brought the box up with him removing what was inside hanging it upon the wall. There he was once more, a painting of Lucius Wick Vuillerian, standing in his Vuiller house armor. "Until we meet again Lucius, do know that I will miss vy brother.."

Within the Grenzi woods another figure could be spotted sitting upon a old moss covered rock. the figure wearing his black coat would feel the wind brushing over his hair as he had his eye closed.. A slight hum leaving the figure as he tapped upon his cane following the rhythm of the hum. A slight disappointment could be felt within the man, He was unsure if it was against himself or the fact that Lucius had died so early on in his life. The child he had hoped would carry the mans own good nature that seemed lost over a century ago within the city walls of New Reza. He would think to Lucius's kids for a moment, as he would speak in a a hushed tone "Ea guess they are right when they say like father, like son.." The man jumped off the rock, going to find the grave in which he had buried his son, the man opening the stone coffin as he would remove a finger from Lucius's body.

Diana Vuiller would of picked up the missive from her stacks of papers from the servants bringing them to her. She would of just finished reading the last two deaths, and now this one. . . Her friend, her brother, someone who understood her. . .

"Lucius- why... why did you have to go. Lucius, you know how tired I am all the time, yet I am trying, trying so hard. I told you to be careful- I told you" The woman would of sobbed and sobbed as she rocked back and forth on the floor. She was hugging her legs as she was muttering to herself, unable to comprehend that Lucius was dead. She told him to be careful, he promised. He promised he would be careful.

"Why must you leave me in this world... I need you, Lucius. I need you to be here for me- what about future visits to Elysium? The breaks you forced me to take. Lucius, I will do my best to follow what you told me to do and do well, just for you..."