[✗] [Magic Addition] - Translocation - Brisk Shift

Zonty

Credits of the father Lore: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/192239-%E2%9C%93-magic-reformat-voidal-translocation-dlc-2999-usd-patch-notes/

Brisk shift is a way of utilizing Brisk Step upon another person.

Spoiler

Mechanics:

A stable voidal connection must be established first. Then, magi have to emote his aura shrouding another person, which can be done as long as they are in the line of sight and the range of the spell. Lastly, magi will 'push' another person through the space. 

[Connection] -> [Your aura shrouding another person] -> [Shift]

T4: Max distance of 4 blocks, max 6 shifts before exhaustion 

T5: Max distance of 5 blocks, max 7 shifts before exhaustion

Example Emotes:

[!] Cool green shade flickered in Angandolasapartanafurtagasinkirulistunistafucy’s eyes

[!] A large olog paced over as ground rumbled under his feet. A thick branch was clenched with his hands.

[!] Mist of cool green suddenly swirled around Angandolasapartanafurtagasinkirulistunistafucy’s friend, enveloping him in the middle

[!] The large olog briefly raised his hands along with a large stick, before sending the branch onto Angandolasapartanafurtagasinkirulistunistafucy’s friend's head. 

[!] Angandolasapartanafurtagasinkirulistunistafucy’s friend burst in the mist of cool green, lunging away from the olog, leaving a trail of the same aura behind. As the cloud stopped five meters away from the previous spot, it quickly dispelled, revealing the friend

Redlines:

• Follows the redlines of a brisk step

• You may not shift someone who moves on any axis (falling doesn’t count.)

• The spell is able to function upon anyone within the range of your current minor teleportation tier. 

• A line of sight is required in order to envelop someone in magi's aura. 

• The aura around someone can't be unnoticeable

OOC reason:

In basic Translocation lore, there is a Group Teleportation spell. Basically, it is utilizing Minor Teleportation upon other people. Therefore, I thought it would make sense to also have Brisk Step + another person. 

The spell starts at T4 for two reasons. First, magi learns group teleportation in T3, and then starts to understand how to work with other people more proficiently. Second, T4 doesn't have any new mechanics at the very moment, so apart from getting stronger with old spells, magi doesn't really get anything. 

Legitimately no. Brisk Step is already cancerous enough to deal with in crp, we don't need voidal mages able to do it on others.

3 minutes ago, Valannor said:

Legitimately no. Brisk Step is already cancerous enough to deal with in crp, we don't need voidal mages able to do it on others.

Gotcha. Unfortunate, though I guess fair.

Edited by _ZONTY_

As much as I'm all for T4 spells, quickly shifting others with a brisk step kinda makes group teleport useless to a degree. And yeah, it is one of the more powerful spells

I can understand where you’re coming from but yeeting another person through the void probably wouldn’t end well from a lore perspective. Like if they suddenly moved they might get cut in half or something. Overall, this proposed mechanic seems a little too abuseable for my liking.

Fundamentals of Lore-Writing

1. If it can be abused, IT WILL BE ABUSED. Don’t leave any chances.

2. If a similar mechanic exists, there’s no need to complicate lore further by adding a new one.

3. If you’re writing something that can be casted on another character, specify whether it can or cannot be used on an unwilling character and the consequences surrounding such.

That being said…

Hats off to you for trying. As a Lore-fiend who has had her soul sucked from her being like a smoothie as a result of having many unfinished and abandoned lore docs in some arbitrary drive on Google, it takes commitment to even press the post button.

I'm really disappointed that this is what people wanna add to an already very versatile and quirky Magic that can promote a lot of roleplay.

The point of Brisk Step is that its inefficient mana-wise and is best used once or twice in a scenario. This just opens the door for more confusing CRP and gives LT further reason to cripple Voidal Magic even further.

14 hours ago, Valannor said:

Who hurt you, Salty? If a Mage uses it a bunch consecutively and don't emote exhaustion, they're powergaming. There's literally ratios in my lore that can be used as a guide. Yeah it's technically a "powerful" spell, but it's no different than a 15yo human squeezing out a sentence long *dodges emote. If you spam it, you use all your mana.

Edited by IsaaKc

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.