[Your View] - Auction Houses

HogoBojo

Auction Houses: Your Thoughts  

405 members have voted

1. 1. What option should we peruse for Auction Houses moving forward?

• The Status Quo
    • Full Removal
    • No Signed Items
    • No Unsigned Items

7 minutes ago, ReveredOwl said:

its a generalisation, not sure if you're trolling here or being serious but its a generalisation to prove my point. You can't expect to be something like a necromancer and sell tainted or cursed objects openly in a city its obviously banned in, the auction house makes no sense in this regard.

Restraining-Order-700x467.jpg

I personally think they just shouldn't be global. It's a nice addition, but if it were more local based, players could be encouraged more to travel and see what other places offer and at what prices. Though full removal doesn't sound bad either, but players do look for more convenience. Not everyone grinds for Mina or materials, or would like to. I'm quite content with removal or not, doesn't stop my merchant rp

the auctionhouse existing has literally changed magic learn rates. i know so many ******* people who only take magics to make enchanted items and sell them on the auctionhouse.

on the other hand, grinding for blocks is a ******* NIGHTMARE, and i don't think preserving the travelling cobblestone merchant's rp market is worth losing the convenience for normal players to obtain blocks, considering anyone with staff friends just has their shit built in lc anyway.

no signed items, please.

Edited by LoTC's Next Top Model

1 hour ago, Nooblius said:

Full Removal. Anything less is lore elitism, that valid RP can only come from signed RP items, or worse yet ST signed items. I beg everyone to consider full removal,  because I am telling you it will positively impact people's abilities to create Mercantile RP. I am someone who the last two maps did a lot of mercantile RP, and have begun to dip into it again this map- the AH especially this map has ruined a lot of good opportunities for new player experiences in my assessment.

The noob has spoken 

32 minutes ago, Xx_BloodStalk_xX said:

Keep the selling of building materials. 

This must be amended if the acquisition of building materials is made like Arcas. Remove it entirely, if you just choose to stick with building mats in AH

FULL REMOVAL IT DOES NOT SERVE RP IN THE SLIGHTEST, EASY CHOICE

Whilst we're on the topic of removing things, please for the love of god remove the potato giving plugin... nobody wants them and it ruins farmers from selling food!

1 hour ago, Nooblius said:

Full Removal. Anything less is lore elitism, that valid RP can only come from signed RP items, or worse yet ST signed items. I beg everyone to consider full removal,  because I am telling you it will positively impact people's abilities to create Mercantile RP. I am someone who the last two maps did a lot of mercantile RP, and have begun to dip into it again this map- the AH especially this map has ruined a lot of good opportunities for new player experiences in my assessment.

Removal of the AH to help a small handful of people who want to do merchant RP and punishing the majority of new and average players by removing them access to mundane enchanted items or basic items for survival isnt the route. People dont update shops enough within cities to make them a viable option. I see you make a lot of ST signed items (whether you just sign them or whether you actually make them) and know for a fact not even 1/4th of the server would have access to those items if it werent for the AH. 

As someone who has spent the past 2 weeks searching for an enchanter only to find 1 willing to do anything at all, keep the AH. Shouldnt punish our new players because some older players want to do a very niche type of RP. 

Although the auction house has its issues, I believe it helps out communities not in the main time zone. 

I would've never been able to purchase some of thr stuff I currently have on my persona due to never encountering the item or player myself. The AH offers that to me which is something I like.

Selling items however such as enchantments comes the issue of contention.

I believe if there was a way to limit the AH to selling material components, such as botany, building blocks, mining resources, food, ext. Including lore resources such as boomsteel, crystals, ext. It can be good.

The completed items are the issue since they offer the most valuable item on the menu for people to bid.

make a category for only building blocks/decoration

9 minutes ago, Jentos said:

make a category for only building blocks/decoration

re-read the options dummy 

20 minutes ago, squakhawk said:

re-read the options dummy 

im literally high rn 

Local Auction houses are a missed opportunity. Could this be explained?