THE CRIMSON SILVER PACT

HIGH_FIRE

THE CRIMSON SILVER PACT 

9th Lothar’s Gift 25 B.A

fAOjLgrGujqVwPEJCxgIjdu3ArEecH8ygdTFIFDkQBYmVT8NMjkzgmHBk5karbYQtnzsktIEdN_Ap105M0CLbrFXvoTYBqRntqwPc-pjBFWy-Hi3eMiP7SgFG3rAASsmLuiLU3gPhkmv9hNXFoXdXUZkWHkSXldY0lRCB5czhc-2Hky_naZNg9w6DwpEklSKeun5QekzuAiKR5Yw97s6YXyecufxMMhvOECjteW6O61oJqPLo3dKp2KZd9k40kHUGwL64I3dvAtGQKJgToEQxwCGwQrb_lJLzXkVsBIJJwLTH2u0PhYb2FrrV0lgI2xRdmlrYvNgcuzIbcAIXvlzCBQWMbX4VjzxuWRSl1QuFRNWGcPyQvzgNQqsteu51p8cC7N05QqdiTuJsK74DMrqDEqeBSxGtH-HiECQAKdrQGYyK7F5WTnqzEE_P9OmTdm8pW281NkpaM1kpcDTE1-p0By0Q9c8DO2WW14ulDDSmFr3PtDEUeZ_m1qCyvQLWi99coNw2aOHF7EYMDlkPgg_X9IUD4_JV1TUjUmbSOGt46eCrQ

I- On Sovereignty

The Kingdom of Balian and Haelun’or hereby recognise each other’s claims to sovereignty and their right to the lands they claim as their own, ruled by their respected leaders. They also recognise their ability to claim land that is not part of their recognised government.

II- On Defense

The Kingdom of Balian and Haelun’or hereby pledge to defend each other from any foreign invaders they may have.

III- On the Darkspawn Threat

The Kingdom of Balian and Haelun’or hereby pledge to fight together against any Darkspawn threats they may incur.

IV- On Offense

Haelun’or hereby pledges to take up arms against any foreign nation The Kingdom of Balian decides to, however The Kingdom of Balian is not expected to reciprocate such.

V- On Free Movement

The Kingdom of Balian and Haelun’or hereby pledge that the citizens of both states are allowed complete free movement between their lands. However any military matters conducted on each other’s land must require written consent to do so.

VI- On The Protector of the South

Haelun’or hereby pledges to recognise The Kingdom of Balian as The Protector of the South due to its efforts within the South Continent.

VII- On Public Works

Haelun’or pledges their Chief Architect to aid in the designing and building of the expansion that Atrus is undergoing.

VIII- On Scholarly Efforts

The Kingdom of Balian and Haelun’or hereby pledge to meet upon an agreed upon date to exchange scholarly knowledge and books, so that both can prosper in the pursuit of knowledge.

IX- On Celebration

To celebrate the new found friendship there will be festivities in the City of Atrus for both states to partake in, funded by both of them and planned together.

X- On Duration

This pact will last twelve years, once this is over, both signatories may review and extend this pact should they both desire to.

NQqsteu51p8cC7N05QqdiTuJsK74DMrqDEqeBSxGtH-HiECQAKdrQGYyK7F5WTnqzEE_P9OmTdm8pW281NkpaM1kpcDTE1-p0By0Q9c8DO2WW14ulDDSmFr3PtDEUeZ_m1qCyvQLWi99coNw2aOHF7EYMDlkPgg_X9IUD4_JV1TUjUmbSOGt46eCrQ

Signed,

HIS ROYAL MAJESTY, John I,  by the Grace of GOD, King of Balian, Viscount of Eflen, Baron of Brucca, Lord of Atrus and Monterosa, Prince of the Holy Orenian Empire, Protector of the Heartlanders and Protector of the South, etcetera.

The Magister of Balian, His Excellency Ledicort Vuiller

Kaelan Maeyr’onn, Okarir’tir of the Silver State of Haelun’or

LP7mPrXQLWoLETUmajIuDiLoOjGnQQ_3gx3hJpRrEEouQkwx8oJ-1TEKIfsGwOA_tM9HcUlO9NkWp9GYgB59gK6ufThB4ESiSVHcykAx0FviXKflw4K_wDhCJsebtGSyb2JfvUAxG-VO1GicKJDhqWfjFoodVKqZy2aZNgQxLt6lmW1MLAa8xUE9ig

Seth Calith, Maheral of the Silver State of Haelun’or

"Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya!" exclaimed Kaelan Maeyr'onn, upon finalising the pact with the Kingdom of Balian!

"Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya!" Said Edgars An'asul when he got this missive in his unfinished home

A scholar from the silver-walled city of Asul'Hilea, Haelun'or mumbles under his breath, "Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya." He then continues on to stack and straighten papers upon a desk.

"I salute you, noble people of the Silver State of Haelun'or! May this alliance bring a new time of peace and prosperity between the high elves and men." said the Baron of Castelorena upon hearing the news before raising his glass of helenite wine in a toast to celebrate the alliance with the rightful sovereigns of the high elves.

Dona Johanne Vuiller glanced over the missive a moment, before filing it away into a cabinet. She'd visited their new allies this past Saints day, taking a look upon their city and befriending those within. "For the Eagles foresight, we reign victorious." She'd murmur out, glad to see the prosperous Kingdom of Balian rise further.

The desert heat pounded down on Lucilia's back as she sat in the gardens of Haelun'or, looking down at the printed missive.  She stared at section IV.

"We're literally Balain's slaves now! The savages are going to send our mali to fight in unprovoked conquests of greed.  Slaves, damnit."

The 16 year old picked the missive up and began anxiously pacing around, now talking out loud to herself.

"Grand Uncle would probably say that we're doing the best we can to promote peace, but the best we can isn't enough.  Why do valah have to kick us out of our home, and then we come here and once again rely on them? How can we sleep at night knowing everything we have is a joke and a lie, which could be taken from us at any moment?!

She'd pause, realizing that she had been talking out loud. . . 

She scanned the gardens for other people.  Fortunately no one was close enough to hear her talk.  She took a deep breath and decided to retreat back to the privacy of her house.  As she walked, rationality fought with angsty teenage hormones inside her brain. . . 

"I know we're ne supposed to be proud and greedy like valah.  I know I'm ne supposed to feel ashamed that we left our home to prevent more violence.  I know I'm ne supposed to hate the valah peasant-slaves forced to fight their monarchs' wars. But- but I really hate feeling like the valah own us."

Though she'd managed to keep her monologue internal, by the time Lucilia had reached her home, the missive was crumpled and held by a tightly clenched fist.

Edited by High_On_Math

"Wow the Haelun'orians have once more been vassalized in all but name." an amused Raziel Amethil stated. "Don't they deem it impure to be working for those they consider lessers?"

On 10/4/2022 at 3:05 PM, High_On_Math said:

"I know we're ne supposed to be proud and greedy like valah.  I know I'm ne supposed to feel ashamed that we left our home to prevent more violence.  I know I'm ne supposed to hate the valah peasant-slaves forced to fight their monarchs' wars. But- but I really hate feeling like the valah own us."

A certain Elfess was in Balian Upon hearing such news, she drank her whiskey as the heiress began to chuckle, rather only a bit as she gasped with a self satisfaction. She would think about the current news a bit. Shaking her head at the Mali'thill and Aherral of the Silver state who marched into the tavern to break bread and drink mead with their new Valah friends

"First Norland and Haense, now the Silver Slaves and Balian.....dear me, even mice learn from their past mistakes. Sadly its a curse that will repeat till they realize their former issue, then again I am not a Valah, they live under us" she said as she panned to a poster of the Western Principality of Celia'nor 

"
then again....everyone owns everyone....don' we?" she said finishing her whiskey as she set the cup down leaving a small tip to the darkwood bartender  @HIGH_FIRE