Knights Of The North

Casamir

Name: altar

MCName:kevin2077

A bit about yourself: (( who are you? whats your story? ))

i am an elf ranger skilled in archery and axe mastery

i grew in the city of leuraline my mother died of a horoble disease called : canser i never saw my dad because my parents where divorst i hate mining i love to farm .

Your skills: (( what are you good at? what do you want to be better at? ))

im realy good at archery (lv 50) and i never miss i am learning how to use an axe as a secondary wepone (lv25) i would like to be trained in the waise of an archer.

Your goals: (( What do you want to accomplish? ))

i would like own a house make alot of friends and have more then 36 minas

What do you bring: (( What kind of an asset are you? why should we accept you? ))

you should accept me because i a am a good assasine so i can free someone easy from prison

and i have allot of accuracy whit the bow i never miss

Other notes: (( even if you are a master swordsmen don't assume you need no training, consider the fact that it might be something as simple as learning our style of sword fighting. )

im a GMTer aswell but i never see you guys, what time are you on?

I haven't been on lately due to skyrim, battlefield and waiting for the update, though I usually go on around 8-9:30ish

i grew in the city of leuraline my mother died of a horoble disease called : canser i never saw my dad because my parents where divorst i hate mining i love to farm .

im realy good at archery (lv 50) and i never miss i am learning how to use an axe as a secondary wepone (lv25) i would like to be trained in the waise of an archer.

What do you bring: (( What kind of an asset are you? why should we accept you? ))

you should accept me because i a am a good assasine so i can free someone easy from prison

Other notes: (( even if you are a master swordsmen don't assume you need no training, consider the fact that it might be something as simple as learning our style of sword fighting. )

I would advise improving the grammar etc just to make sure that when he does look at the thread he accepts you rather than postponing it a few days. Only trying to be helpful (it makes you seem like a lot better candidate if you take the time to spell correctly)

Aye, I'm also working outside of the forums and game on a list of new ranks and titles within our orders as well as a proper oath to swear to

Example: Knight, A Knight is a proven swordsmen, but has training with bow as well and a small bit of hand to hand (( possibly a bit of black Smithing to make minor repairs ))

Skills would look like swords: 50+ archery: 25+ Hand to hand 25+ blacksmithing: 15

or something similar, with skills it is easier to tell when a squire is able to be Knighted due to the ability to "train" and advance now, so expect many many changes with the new world, We will basically almost be treating it as if the order is being made from the ground up, but Knights will remain Knights and anyone who signs on before the new world will keep their rank.

We are going to need a good spread of people with jobs, and I will most likely be able to start paying them, Farmers will need to be fully dedicated farmers, same with lumberjacks and miners so as our Knights can focus on their skills, same with a dedicated blacksmith and cooks.

My Intent with the new world is to claim land in the North (( a good bit with all our bedrock donators )) so that instead of a keep we can make a bit of a small city perhaps or a more lordling like keep (( a fortress for the Knights with it's own walls and such, inside a larger set of walls with housing for villagers and farmland )) So that we can have our civilians under our protection. (( and they will be able to set up shops within the village ))

Approved, work on spelling and grammar a bit, if it's archer you want I'll try and set you up with bob.

Aye, I'm also working outside of the forums and game on a list of new ranks and titles within our orders as well as a proper oath to swear to

Example: Knight, A Knight is a proven swordsmen, but has training with bow as well and a small bit of hand to hand (( possibly a bit of black Smithing to make minor repairs ))

Skills would look like swords: 50+ archery: 25+ Hand to hand 25+ blacksmithing: 15

or something similar, with skills it is easier to tell when a squire is able to be Knighted due to the ability to "train" and advance now, so expect many many changes with the new world, We will basically almost be treating it as if the order is being made from the ground up, but Knights will remain Knights and anyone who signs on before the new world will keep their rank.

We are going to need a good spread of people with jobs, and I will most likely be able to start paying them, Farmers will need to be fully dedicated farmers, same with lumberjacks and miners so as our Knights can focus on their skills, same with a dedicated blacksmith and cooks.

My Intent with the new world is to claim land in the North (( a good bit with all our bedrock donators )) so that instead of a keep we can make a bit of a small city perhaps or a more lordling like keep (( a fortress for the Knights with it's own walls and such, inside a larger set of walls with housing for villagers and farmland )) So that we can have our civilians under our protection. (( and they will be able to set up shops within the village ))

((sounds really good, just like I thought it would be like when you mentioned it earlier. Please bear in mind that although I am essentially completely an archer, I joined this server after the skills were disabled, so don't judge me lol. Will I need to grind up my archery before I can gain knighthood then? Also, when you come up with the names for the titles, please remember that we aren't all swordsmen so don't call the rank up from initiate "swordsman" or something like that as it won't really work. On another note, will there be a builder job because I make pretty bad ass medieval styled buildings. On another other note, when designing the new castle (if you actually are going to design it and not vomit stone on the floor into a castle shaped heap) i would urge you to take defensive measures into consideration, our previous fort was nowhere near as prtected as it should be, nor even the keep in the verge))

((Suggested defensive capabilities for the castle (only suggestions):

burning oil (lava with pistons)

Thicker walls

More protective and advantagous ramparts

Concentric walls rising in height as you near the keep

A moat

Defensive turrets (activated by a lever to rise out of the ground and launch damage potions if corresponding pressure plates are stepped on, not medieval themed though so...)

Emergency barricades (block of areas of the city if breached, pistons)

If you find any of these to be impractical, I won't take offense, though please consider the addition of defenses for times when arrows aren't enough))

((P.S. underground pig farms are amazing :) ))

((sounds really good, just like I thought it would be like when you mentioned it earlier. Please bear in mind that although I am essentially completely an archer, I joined this server after the skills were disabled, so don't judge me lol. Will I need to grind up my archery before I can gain knighthood then? Also, when you come up with the names for the titles, please remember that we aren't all swordsmen so don't call the rank up from initiate "swordsman" or something like that as it won't really work. On another note, will there be a builder job because I make pretty bad ass medieval styled buildings. On another other note, when designing the new castle (if you actually are going to design it and not vomit stone on the floor into a castle shaped heap) i would urge you to take defensive measures into consideration, our previous fort was nowhere near as prtected as it should be, nor even the keep in the verge))

((Suggested defensive capabilities for the castle (only suggestions):

burning oil (lava with pistons)

Thicker walls

More protective and advantagous ramparts

Concentric walls rising in height as you near the keep

A moat

Defensive turrets (activated by a lever to rise out of the ground and launch damage potions if corresponding pressure plates are stepped on, not medieval themed though so...)

Emergency barricades (block of areas of the city if breached, pistons)

If you find any of these to be impractical, I won't take offense, though please consider the addition of defenses for times when arrows aren't enough))

((P.S. underground pig farms are amazing :) ))

Many of the castle ideas you have are ones I plan on doing, (( minus the lava I don't like how it doesn't disappear in SMP )) A Moat with a working Bridge (( via the craftbook )) and a gate house, with thicker walls (( we'll have a much larger plot for the new castle so it's easier to do, like right now we only have 3 blocks outside of our walls protected which lets people climb over fairly easy )) I was also thinking dispensers with arrows in choke points, as well as regulations and codes for what to do if the city/town/keep are sieged. I have been on a bit but no one else has been on when I am (( kinda sucks )) however like I said things feel stale for me and I really want to plan things out for 2.0 (( we'll also have to make a guild application come that time and get officially approved ))

((Would it be fine if it was 50+ axes or swords, because i can use an axe pretty well but not a sword))

((Would it be fine if it was 50+ axes or swords, because i can use an axe pretty well but not a sword))

Thats just an example of course, Though I might have Knights use swords and bows and Marauders use axes and fists? maybe, Like I said I'm thinking a bunch out and planning but any help is appreciated (( I'm not sure of all the stuff you can wield at which skill levels ))

ALSO someone with perms keeps breaking the wall into the blacksmith, the doors are locked for a reason ONLY BLACKSMITHS ARE ALLOWED IN, if I find out who did it they are in trouble!

RPName: Gloin

MCName: _drawesome_

A bit about yourself: Im gloin a mountain dwarf. I was in a town called Mist veil untill it was attacked by the black hand. Since then i have been a lone wanderer doing jobs for people a merc you could say.

Your skills: I'm a good lumberjack i enjoy the crunching sound of a tree hiting the ground. I also can do some fighting with a sword my dad taught me some tricks before the orcs found him

Your goals: get revenge on the orcs ((and have fun))

What do you bring: A very able dwarf

Other notes: I have 4 stacks of bread to share with all

name: Garrett (( plan on changing it ))

mc name: TrIpIn_Midget

about me: I am a Dwarf. I am despirate and in need of work. I just woke up from a long coma and remeber little about my life before.

my skills: unknown

what do I bring: I am despirate for cash and am willing to do less desirable jobs.

(( I was like the third responder, but just now got unbanned. ))