Why Kitsune should be a playable race.

SethWasTaken

Just play a kha

54 minutes ago, Pixicat said:

snip

an individual with the ign 'kitsnuepixie' is expected to be positive to the idea

15 minutes ago, Aaunic Roleplayer said:

an individual with the ign 'kitsnuepixie' is expected to be positive to the idea

tbf, I think a spirt over kha-like race would work a lot better, or if they were just animals rather than having the ability to become people and look like catgirls

5 hours ago, X_Arcane_X said:

This is completely original and different roleplay that is unreachable by lotc. Some would argue kha are good replacements and this isn't needed. But i disagree. It gives a similar roleplay experience to a friendly ghost and is VERY interactive with people. Like a physical ghost pet with feelings and a personality. This race could grow to be amazingly different and give a new subrace to humans. I also have a feeling this race will not die.. *cough* fur *cough* ies

The Good

Can shapeshift into human forms, you can 2 forms. Female and male.
You are a companion
can't die by old age
you get wiser and faster the older you become
naturally smarter than most humans

The bad

You are naturally weaker than a human.
you only grow to a maximum size of 4 ft (Unless in human form)
You are emotionally a wreck in early stages of life.
without a companion you go into deep depression.
can not practice voidal magic.
ADHD basically, you can't focus on things for a long period of time. Unless instructed by a companion/master.

164125296_Screenshot2022-11-22111338.thumb.png.e707259f73dd5e4bfc3808d9ed8ff670.pngexample of a skin in kitsune formR.jpg.9d2e2af9d16f7bec93ea802b11455d6c.jpgexample of skin in human formpDbOmS7AWBO4N12C4Sbd--2--sbf4f.thumb.jpg.04da0d531d900e2accfe7cc4a68d512f.jpg

This is very experimental I would like permission from an ST to create this as a playable race/function. Similar to a ghost being an exclusive race. 

please comment what you think i should change to make it more lore-compatible. I also would like to see to this being approved by an ST. 

If it is good enough.

And so it is a spiritish fox

this lore is not finished. I would appreciate if you judged it when it is.

\please comment +1 on this so it gets accepted, thanks Link

1 hour ago, ScarletFrisket said:

Just play a kha

It's very different to a kha, one is a fox spirit and one is an animal human hybrid :/

11 hours ago, X_Arcane_X said:

It's just meant to be an alternative to kha, because it is something new and in my opinion more diverse and has the ability to grow more.

For the sake of encouraging writing and more roleplay on the server, I'd encourage you to consider making an addition to Kha, perhaps another type for foxes? As it seems like that's the way you're leaning from the images at least. I think this is a much more plausible idea than entirely new CA lore being accepted, and I wish you all the best.

Can't wait to have humanoid sized fox pelts to craft with

this gotta be fake

Truthfully, I don't know If this is satire or if this is an actual post. But if you want honest critiques and advice for it to have a chance, start by looking at the other CA's in place. Look at how they are written, formatted, and built upon.

Then, spend some time writing it, don't know how much you've changed the original formatting. But I can probably guess it was less then 12 hours. CA's and any type of magic writing, bar imo bestiary writes. Can take anywhere from a 1 week-6 months, in order to create something genuinely impactful and clean looking. 

Now, personally I'm gonna be blunt, the idea is stupid as of current. To have something just switch in and out of human and fox form, provides very little impact besides 'cool I'm a shape-shifting cutesy person'. Form a proper niche that actually provides something, and that isn't just taking from anime. If you look at Vargr, you can see very interesting ties to old folklore, I even consider their main niche of eating hearts, a potential tie in to the Beast of Gévaudan. Nephilim provide an interesting thing by portraying dragons who are true neutral entities more often then not, even fighting both fronts of 'good' and 'evil'. Even Darkstalkers and Eidola, two different types of undead warrior/knight are able to be different enough with their specified niches. 

Nah man, this will lead to people getting their hands on it and we'll end up with this:

ddxctpz-b014a1da-fe37-49ed-addb-3b36a544

Nah fr though this is a good meme post, gotta give it up, those skins geek too haha +1

Hi,

As nobody else is offering, I really want to help formalise this into a proper lore submission.

There are some people that don't see someone having a fun idea and are being weirdly rude about things. Please contact me in a forum message or on Discord if you want help writing a more in-depth piece that's more in line with what people are used to with lore posts.

It's out of the wheelhouse of what people are used to when playing on the server, but that's no reason for people to be so rude!

Cheers,

- frill

(just remember there is nothing cooler than helping others)

1 hour ago, appeal alt dont touch said:

There are some people that don't see someone having a fun idea and are being weirdly rude about things

most based reply on the entire thread

for an RP server people are weirdly hostile towards those who want to try new ideas, especially towards our relatively new and younger players

god please no i beg you no