Re: On the Temp Map

NotEvilAtAll

3 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

It says that MOJANG is allowed to use the creation of any other person and that MOJANG can permit other people to use said creations.

“Please think carefully before you make any content available, because it may be made public and might even be used by other people in a way you don't like.“

I do think it's funny as it seems people almost want to be upset at Staff and assume the worst. Why not just ask if they are sure they had specific permission beyond paying $5 if you're concerned about it than assume they didn't and argue.

I'm v disappointed in people's ability to critically think and ask questions, including my own.

If you have any questions/concerns about how this was handled, then ask for the specifics and observe the answer; THEN make conclusions.

12 minutes ago, Nooblius said:

I do think it's funny as it seems people almost want to be upset at Staff and assume the worst. Why not just ask if they are sure they had specific permission beyond paying $5 if you're concerned about it than assume they didn't and argue.

I'm v disappointed in people's ability to critically think and ask questions, including my own.

If you have any questions/concerns about how this was handled, then ask for the specifics and observe the answer; THEN make conclusions.

couple things

(1) the polite thing to do would be to announce where the build came from and link the video, even if it was paid for;

(2) we have pics going around alleging to show that the creator DID NOT approve and, while these may be faked, some comment from whoever oversaw this would be nice

idk dude i'm not going around calling (whoever the **** was in charge of the temp map; i honestly don't know) the child of satan, but to everyone citing this:

"If you make any content available on or through our Game, you agree to give us permission to use, copy, modify, adapt, distribute, and publicly display that content. This permission is irrevocable, and you also agree to let us permit other people to use, copy, modify, adapt, distribute, and publicly display your content."

that's clearly Mojang saying that THEY might use your work for marketing

and that stuff about "it may be used in a way you don't like" is just warning players that others WILL use their content if it's made public; it's not an endorsement of doing that.

no, i do not believe LOTC will be sued if it's used this guy's stuff without his permission, but that's not the issue here. i don't think @Slorbin or the YouTuber filed a lawsuit against the server, or that it'd be successful if they did. but that isn't the issue. the issue is that it's cringe and makes us all look bad if the server did use some guy's build without his permission, so we're all like "WTF????" and wanna see what's up. so you guys can spare us the shitty attempts at lawyering. you aren't attornies and this case will never reach the supreme court; you can relax

People be crying over lantern builds now on a block game? Swear to God, only westerners find a way to make such small things a massive problem. Do something else with your time.

28 minutes ago, MisterBlitzkrieg said:

People be crying over lantern builds now on a block game? Swear to God, only westerners find a way to make such small things a massive problem. Do something else with your time.

Tf does "westerners" mean headass

On 5/21/2023 at 4:28 PM, Zolla_ said:

when you publish something you created in minecraft you agree and accept what is written in the EULA

Hide contents

"If you make any content available on or through our Game, you agree to give us permission to use, copy, modify, adapt, distribute, and publicly display that content. This permission is irrevocable, and you also agree to let us permit other people to use, copy, modify, adapt, distribute, and publicly display your content."

This is legal boilerplate for web services. Fall Guys uses the same verbiage. It is meant to keep the host/service provider out of trouble for distributing copyrightable stuff that users create and post to their service; you can't upload a custom Fall Guys map to Fall Guys Store then issue Epic Games a DMCA takedown notice if you want people to stop downloading it.

What this language doesn't do is give any random third party (i.e. lord of the craft) permission to use that stuff, unless Mojang gives them permission (i.e. by making it available to download off their website, or use via realms, mojang texture packs or whatever)

I don't think this issue will come down to the particulars of minecraft copyright law but it may be good for some of you to know that mojang's EULA does not give you the right to use other people's builds, or skins, or whatever, without their permission

7 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

this is legal boilerplate for web services. Fall Guys uses the same verbiage. It is meant to keep the host/service provider out of legal trouble for distributing copyrightable stuff that users create and post to their service. It does not give any random third party (i.e. lord of the craft) permission to use that stuff, unless Mojang gives them permission (i.e. by making it available to download off their website, or use via realms, mojang texture packs or whatever)

I don't think this issue will come down to the particulars of minecraft copyright law but it may be good for some of you to know that mojang's EULA does not give you the right to use other people's builds, or skins, or whatever, without their permission

No of course it does not. However this map has been paid for, money has changed hands in order to use it. 

Just now, Gemini said:

No of course it does not. However this map has been paid for, money has changed hands in order to use it. 

yeah that's cool and I hadn't read that, I just wanted to respond specifically to the post Zolla_ made because someone could get in trouble for following it 

If the assets were paid for, then by all common sense it would be useable by the one paying for them correct? 

When it comes to credit, as was stated in the admin reply, there will be credit given in what I assume is similar fashion to how almaris cloud temple credit is shown. 

Lastly even if on the off chance the assets were taken and used for profit by another third party marketing them to make a buck, how would admins know that it wasn’t legitimate. Sure source checking is great, but how many people are meticulous enough to double triple check that what they bought wasn’t a stollen asset in the first place. 

Whilst the admins and specifically squak are being thrown under the bus with these accusations, you have to also remember they have spent countless hours every week for the past several months to make an enjoyable experience for everyone. Forgetting to credit someone as soon as the map was utilized is far from the first thing they will think to do. 

Remember to be kind, and know that nobodies perfect and they already said they will credit the YouTuber.

Thank you to all the work admins, event ST, builders, and lore team have been doing to make the transition as smooth as feasible these past several months.

2 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

It says that MOJANG is allowed to use the creation of any other person and that MOJANG can permit other people to use said creations.

You will debate with them for years on this without them ever grasping what the text is actually saying.

Edited by Charles The Bald

1 hour ago, Llir said:

this is a wild game of gotcha being played on the forums today. next you're going to tell me that vailor was entirely ripped from PMC or something

I can't wait to see you in the accused box with you know who defending you.

You cannot keep this up Llir !

West World Bernard Lowe GIF - West World Bernard Lowe GIFs

map we're on for a week or so btw.