The Song Sparrow - [Independent Privateer Crew]

PanicZealot

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Song Sparrow

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pngwing_com.thumb.png.8e3b06f4f667300a89d3b0c490c2da8b.png

I. Introduction

II. Crew Rankings

III. Culture and Traditions

IV. The Privateers Oath

I. INTRODUCTION

The Song Sparrow is a crew of independent privateers who sell their services to any who might want to buy it, be that a trader in need of a shipment being made, or a city looking to hire a vessel to protect their shores from invading nations. While they believe in helping their fellow man from time to time, the crew of The Song Sparrow are no strangers to misdeeds as well, and will plunder other ships and opposing nations, should someone hire them to do so. At it's core, The Song Sparrow was still formed by two outcasts who turned to lives of thievery in order to survive.

Joining The Song Sparrow is far more then just setting sail for the fun of it all - on this ship, it's a way of life, and in to survive one must have the courage to look danger in the eye and spit back at it, they must have the knowledge of how to sail the open sea, and they must have the passion to live a life of freedom and independence, answering to no one but their Captain. While freedom for all rests among their core values, one must still be willing to take orders in battle and follow them accordingly, else risk being thrown overboard.

If you, or someone you know, is a sea-fairing individual come visit the crew of The Song Sparrow, currently found at dock 3 in Lurin found towards the very back of the city. The Song Sparrow is always looking for brave men and women of the sea to set sail with and while our crew may be small, we treat each other like family. Join us, and set yourself free with one of the finest sailors to grace the high seas, Captain Vicnan Hawkins.

1057782-ship-digital-art-bay-water-vehicle-rocks-pirates-jungle-Caribbean-old-ship-ghost-ship-screen-mospheric-phenomenon-computer-wallpaper-water-feature.thumb.jpg.685d7287b962e449b5e886ff3b92ace9.jpg

Spoiler

Last Updated 8 / 6 / 2023

II. CREW RANKINGS

CAPTAIN

Vicnan Hawkins

QUARTERMASTER

Wilamen Macloed

HELMSMAN

Balkas Balo

LOOK-OUT

Amir Gonzalez

MASTER GUNNER

Adrian Falker Heskynne

SEA DOG

-VACANT-

NAVIGATOR

Adela Proudbottom

SURGEON

Marol Malthengolv

SHIP WRIGHT

Masayoshi

DECKHANDS

Rafi

-VACANT-

-VACANT-

-VACANT-

IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER SKILLS THAT YOU BELIEVE MAY HELP OUR CREW, DO NOT HESITATE TO SAY SO!

III. CULTURE AND TRADITIONS

The crew of The Song Sparrow take sailor culture very seriously and partake in many activities that honors the culture of sailing the open seas.

DRINKING GAME: GROG & HORSESHOES 

One of the favorite drinking games of Captain Vicnan Hawkins, Grog and Horseshoes is a rather simple game to play. Two sailors take a pile of horseshoes and try to toss them around wooden poles set up on the ship, should a sailor MISS, they are required to take a swig of Grog. Should one sailor successfully get a horseshoe around the pole, the opposing sailor must take a swig of Grog. The winner is whoever successfully gets all six horseshoes around the wooden poles, the loser is then required to drink an entire tankard of Grog.

THE HYMN OF THE SONG SPARROW

While the crew of The Song Sparrow take part in singing many sea shanties, the favorite of the ship is one Vicnan wrote himself after he stole his first boat.

Where can you find pleasure?
Search the world for treasure?
Where can you sail the open sea?
Make all of your dreams come true, and drink until your face turns blue...

It's here in the ocean!
Yes, you can sail the open sea!
Here i
n the ocean!
And you can drink until you pee!
In the ocean!
Come on now step aboard and take a stand!
Right here in the ocean!

THE SEA LEG CEREMONY 

When a new sailor finally receives their sea legs upon the ship, Captain Vicnan Hawkins takes it upon himself to congratulate them in taking their first major step in becoming a successful privateer of the open sea. He does so by holding a small feast and gifting the new sailor with a golden earring, which is believed by many sailors to prevent one from drowning.

It is a small ceremony but one the Captain takes quite seriously.

FEASTS

Among many other things, the crew of The Song Sparrow loves to host large feasts upon their ship. Whether it be in celebration of a victory in battle, or to honor a fallen comrade, the crew will always find an excuse to host a feast. Any and all who are friends of the crew may join where they may partake in the food and the Grog. 

af0bb0560b5a5b7bfee7c756e1a214e6.thumb.jpg.d195522d3edd8217038965d1a2dfe87e.jpg

IV. THE PRIVATEERS OATH

Before officially coming aboard and joining the crew of The Song Sparrow, every sailor must take this oath and uphold it to the best of their abilities.

I. I shall not steal from a fellow privateer, and will only steal from non-privateers.

II. I shall remain loyal to my fellow crew members and my captain.

III. I shall never harm an innocent woman or child. 

IV. I swear to protect my ship and my crew until the sea takes me.

ANYONE CAUGHT BREAKING THIS OATH OR ANY OTHER LAWS OF THE SEA WILL BE APPTLY PUNISHED BY THE CAPTAIN HIMSELF!

APPLICATION

OOC INFORMATION

Minecraft Username:

Discord Username:

RP INFORMATION

Persona Name:
Race:

Applicable skills:

Affiliations:

Edited by PanicZealot

OOC INFORMATION -

Minecraft Username: RPDrakon

Discord Username: iatlm-10#5797

RP INFORMATION -

Persona Name: Adrian Morilim Falker

Race: Human (Highlander)

Applicable skills: [Passive] Navigation, Tracking, Stealth, Animal Handling, Writing, and Observation [Combat] Swordsmanship, Shield, Axe, Handaxes, Hand-to-Hand (needs practice), Archery, Chain Whip and Stealth Takedowns

Affiliations: Nevaehelen (Good Friends with the People), Haense (Birth Nation), Norland (Was Raised there), Northern Geographical Society [NGS] (Upcoming Member)

Edited by RPDrakon

OOC INFORMATION

Minecraft Username: Lubbie822

Discord Username: Lubbie#4487

RP INFORMATION 

Persona Name: Diana

Race: Human 

Applicable skills: Decent with a needle and thread to repair sails, can tie a 'figure 8' around a cleat.

Affiliations: None

On 6/6/2023 at 5:09 PM, Lubbie said:

OOC INFORMATION

Minecraft Username: Lubbie822

Discord Username: Lubbie#4487

RP INFORMATION 

Persona Name: Diana

Race: Human 

Applicable skills: Decent with a needle and thread to repair sails, can tie a 'figure 8' around a cleat.

YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN ACCEPTED! WELCOME ABOARD https://discord.gg/SPszcMqB

OOC INFORMATION

Minecraft Username: Cactus_Tophat

Discord Username: _Cactus_#0571

RP INFORMATION

Persona Name: Amir Gonzalez

Race: Farfolk [Hyspania]

Applicable skills: catches fish, skills manning small boats, experience on rocky and gentle seas, some small seafaring terminology. 

Affiliations: Kingdom of Aaun

OOC INFORMATION

Minecraft Username: Lilbeantoes 

Discord Username: VicMonski#6255

RP INFORMATION

Persona Name: Vunlea

Race: elf

Applicable skills: cooking,child care/babysitter,possibly a teacher? Animal care, shopping for someone else. (Just ideas/suggestions.) Vunlea can fight but she ain't the best at all.

Afflictions: kinda known at norland.

On 6/6/2023 at 2:50 PM, RPDrakon said:

OOC INFORMATION -

Minecraft Username: RPDrakon

Discord Username: iatlm-10#5797

RP INFORMATION -

Persona Name: Adrian Morilim Falker

Race: Human (Highlander)

Applicable skills: [Passive] Navigation, Tracking, Stealth, Animal Handling, Writing, and Observation [Combat] Swordsmanship, Shield, Axe, Handaxes, Hand-to-Hand (needs practice), Archery, Chain Whip and Stealth Takedowns

Affiliations: Nevaehelen (Good Friends with the People), Haense (Birth Nation), Norland (Was Raised there), Northern Geographical Society [NGS] (Upcoming Member)

YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN ACCEPTED! WELCOME ABOARD

24 minutes ago, Lilbeantoes said:

OOC INFORMATION

Minecraft Username: Lilbeantoes 

Discord Username: VicMonski#6255

RP INFORMATION

Persona Name: Vunlea

Race: elf

Applicable skills: cooking,child care/babysitter,possibly a teacher? Animal care, shopping for someone else. (Just ideas/suggestions.) Vunlea can fight but she ain't the best at all.

Afflictions: kinda known at norland.

YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN ACCPETED! WELCOME ABOARD

OOC INFORMATION

Minecraft Username: Telmster

Discord Username: Telmster#0452

RP INFORMATION

Persona Name: Meta Alusa

Race: Sorvian

Applicable skills: Writing, drawing, beginner melee combat, mediocre archery, manning a cannon. Great balance and flexibility, very dexterous. High pain tolerance and no fear of dying or getting hurt! 

Affiliations: Nevaehlen

14 hours ago, xTelmster said:

OOC INFORMATION

Minecraft Username: Telmster

Discord Username: Telmster#0452

RP INFORMATION

Persona Name: Meta Alusa

Race: Sorvian

Applicable skills: Writing, drawing, beginner melee combat, mediocre archery, manning a cannon. Great balance and flexibility, very dexterous. High pain tolerance and no fear of dying or getting hurt! 

Affiliations: Nevaehlen

CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN ACCEPTED! message me for an invite to our discord server, and WELCOME ABOARD!

OOC INFORMATION

Minecraft Username: BlueJaeeb

Discord Username: BlueJaeeb

RP INFORMATION

Persona Name: Balkas Balo

Race: Elf

Applicable skills: Can manage sails, cook and brew, knowledgeable about aquatic wildlife, able to use a sword but considers himself better at hand to hand. 

Affiliations: Non-affiliated 

20 hours ago, BlueJaeeb said:

OOC INFORMATION

Minecraft Username: BlueJaeeb

Discord Username: BlueJaeeb

RP INFORMATION

Persona Name: Balkas Balo

Race: Elf

Applicable skills: Can manage sails, cook and brew, knowledgeable about aquatic wildlife, able to use a sword but considers himself better at hand to hand. 

Affiliations: Non-affiliated 

WELCOME ABOARD! YOU'RE APPLICATION HAS BEEN ACCEPTED

APPLICATION

OOC INFORMATION

Minecraft Username: earthtogab

Discord Username: earthtogab #8417

RP INFORMATION

Persona Name: Adela Proudbottom

Race: halfling

Applicable skills: Bow and crossbow shooting/handling [main combat skill], moderate dagger user [secondary combat skill], cooking, navigation skills, documenting skills, food rationing and fishing skills. [Side note] Adela is a loyal, patient and talkative youth, always briming with an air of lightness and jovial delight. Though they aren't afraid to fight if the need arises.  

8 hours ago, earthtogab said:

APPLICATION

OOC INFORMATION

Minecraft Username: earthtogab

Discord Username: earthtogab #8417

RP INFORMATION

Persona Name: Adela Proudbottom

Race: halfling

Applicable skills: Bow and crossbow shooting/handling [main combat skill], moderate dagger user [secondary combat skill], cooking, navigation skills, documenting skills, food rationing and fishing skills. [Side note] Adela is a loyal, patient and talkative youth, always briming with an air of lightness and jovial delight. Though they aren't afraid to fight if the need arises.  

WELCOME ABOARD! YOU'RE APPLICATION HAS BEEN ACCEPTED