Ryba's Campaign

Caedis

H7U24aUnQdYS60jxxKjS4UG_qHbmfF66PevAwSzR9aey3qfne0lg4ziQ2YmZp9W1eomJqkTd-P9Y5RK72FNM_uJ6cpTUbQDfNv2smjVLbSml77ArOT-mI1Unc0_ValqTk_NOLLF3Y3HKNBVgv9m_8UI

R y b a

N o v i k o v

Prevja va ve Eldervik.

My name is Ryba Novikov, the second son of the humble Novikov family, and Hanseti Hart for the 6th season of Lifstala. I currently serve in the honourable BSK, serving as an initiate, and am one of three brothers residing in our great city.

My past, like some of yours, was not pleasant. When I was two, my brother Konstantin was born, and a mere few days later- My mother took him and left us for good. Myself and my older brother, Demitrey, were left abandoned with our drunkard father.. Our survival was nothing short of God’s miracle.

Konstantin returned to us when he was ten, and since then, the three of us have fought tooth and nail to survive - To stay close - And to stay good and true to the teachings of our Grandfather, a man who sought to make the world a better place.

Throughout my campaign here, I wish to share a little of my strengths and weaknesses. To be completely honest, boasting has never been a passion of mine, but as much as I dislike self-praise - I also recognise that a man without pride in his achievements and characteristics, is a man unworthy of representing our glorious people.

Of representing You.

Policies:

The most important thing, in my opinion, is the safety and wellbeing of our citizens. It is the duty of the Alderman to create and vote on laws that ensure the prosperity and protection of You.

I believe that a good Alderman is one who treats their people with kindness. For those of you who have met my family, you will be well aware that Kindness is a core trait of our ideology. It is my firm belief that all should be judged with compassion - meaning that nobody should be unfairly tried and punished due to anger or a flair of emotions. Everyone deserves a fair chance to explain their actions, and a willing ear to listen. 

With that being said, criminals will still be punished as they should be.

Problems:

One Major problem I have noticed is the lack of laws surrounding Voidal magic. Our beloved late monarch, the Great King Georg, created a position for voidal mages in our courts.

The issue as I see it, is that there is no protection for Voidal Mages in the laws, nor is there any protection for the faithful citizens who may be subjected to such magic. If a mage were to throw a magical shard of ice at a loyal citizen, they will be charged for assault or attempted murder - But I would argue they must also pay for the crime of using harmful magic on a citizen of the realm.

Voidal mages need to be both protected, and restrained, so that all of our citizens, magic or not, can find safety and solace in these walls. It is for this reason that I suggest permits be created, and that only mages with such permits - Documented mages - May use magic within our walls. This allows us to not only identify each mage within our realm, but also allow us to more properly hand out judgements and punishments to those few who would break our laws.

Another issue I would like to call to attention is the state of the BSK. Our beloved Brotherhood, of which I am a part of, has recently seen a number of Initiates either desiring unnecessary violent situations, or outright breaking our laws. Recently, an Initiate even went as far as to mug a fellow citizen - Other initiates have also been known to threaten unwarranted violence almost immediately should their orders be ignored.

It is clear that such things cannot continue - We cannot continue to randomly recruit just anyone who wanders into our city, for what would happen if Adrian spies wished to infiltrate our military? I believe a basic check of our recruits should be made, identifying their history, and having someone (perhaps a footman or above) who can vouch for them.

Thank you for reading

To all the citizens who have made it this far, I sincerely thank you:

Vote for Safety, Vote for Protection, 

Vote for Novikov

KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM

Candidates I support:

Rayne

Kaida Valtonen-Novikov

Edited by Caedis

"Another excellent candidacy, woah!" mumbles Franz, incoherently.

The Master of the Abstract squints as he reads the candidates proposal's regarding magic. He was under the impression the then-Queen Sofia of Hyspia had created the office and position he currently occupied, as part of her work on the Courts. Nevertheless, the man had some points - though he wondered just how much the candidate knew about what he spoke of. Regardless - to the blonde, Ryba had some good suggestions.

He produced a small parchment square, and began writing. Perhaps a conversation with the hopeful candidate would be a good idea.