[Bounty Event] The Siren of the Shoals

Xarkly

BOUNTY EVENT:

THE SIREN OF THE SHOALS

cd5043ef645ce2b6c92af4d6a41fa519.jpg

Spoiler

HEAR YE

I am Orisch of Whitespire, Captain of the Crusted Cutlass, and my crew and I are hunters of oilfish in the shoals off Aevos' coast. We have been grounded in the port of Talarnor after a Siren beset our crew, luring my Cabin Boy Rigby and three rigmen to their watery grave not far from the Elven coast, and those who survived are left petrified. Twice have we tried to depart to the markets of Portoregne to sell our haul, and twice has the Siren has barred our passage and taken the new Cabin Boy, Eltas. My crew are sailors, not warriors nor hexers, and they were so frightened upon our return that the new-new Cabin Boy Sanjin tried to desert, and, in his haste, tripped and split his skull open. We took to drowning our sorrows that night, and a silver lining I did find when I managed to hire a new Elven Cabin Boy in the taverns of Talarnor. In the morning, however, I found that, in my drunken stupour, I had in fact hired a broom and not - as I originally suspected - an Elf. I could not find the money I paid. 

I am now bereft of four Cabin Boys, and my competitors have free reign of the markets in Portoregne while I remain stuck in Talarnor. I require a crew of mercenaries to take to the waters and deal with this Siren, and promise a generous reward. All that is required of any contractors is that they bring with them their own ship, of any kind, lest they stand no chance of even reaching the Siren.

I await in the warehouses of Talarnor's docks. 

- Orisch of Whitespire

Captain of the Crusted Cutlass

xPRrW3S.png

The spirited Johanna Casimira presented the bounty's parchment to her father, eyes wide with excitement.

"Pater! We should go help them find the sirena!" Even if he said no, the youth already plotted on how she might venture off to see this creature for herself. Thus, she ensured it was shown to various others who might be more inclined to go with her.

An adunian merchant and group of like minded capitalists , began to rally their group, the Murkwater Merchant Company starting to plot their first course of action in regards to helping the sailor and salesmen

Kor'garr picks up the offered bounty with interest, already planning to include it within the next issue of the Kaktuz Weekli.

"Azht zeabeazts, now zirenz... Danjeruz waterz."