/d40 or not?

Markisstreaming

If you kill a player in CRP, do you ask them to /d40 or just let them SS?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What it says above

• /d40
    • SS

I've seen people ask others to /d40 when they die, and others simply let the victim SS to CT. I personally don't see it fair to force someone to /d40 and lose soulbind tokens and their items, and if they do have something that's unbound and interests me, I take it and then let them go. What's your opinion on this?

good faith rper? ss to ct, keep your stuff i don't want it

bad faith rper? whiner? ooc complain about rp? d20 pls

I find that letting people know that you're not attacking them because you want their stuff helps make the crp a lot more pleasant. It brings down stress levels and generally makes it a better experience overall

In addition to this, I have a personal rule that if my character kills someone because of a vendetta or something of the sort and they DONT PK, the vendetta will be settled in my characters mind. Even if they see the person roaming around near them again, they won't attack unless a new problem arises. I think more people should do both of these things

wait hold on I am confused, does yes mean let them ss away or does no mean let them ss away? It really depends if the first is the question or the second
((aka ''ask them to /d20, or let them ss, which one is the question?))
But yea glad to see people so far been agreeing that killing people for the loot is mostly not too good as it puts people in that win/lose mindset. Honestly you instantly know what sort of player a person is by what they ask for after they win, aka if they care more about wining and LOOOOT ((/d20)) Or if they just want to rp and have some fun while at it ((ss to CT))

3 minutes ago, Jaslaw said:

wait hold on I am confused, does yes mean let them ss away or does no mean let them ss away? It really depends if the first is the question or the second

fixed the question

Bandits hate me and my 72 soulbind tokens

Bah, send them back to the CT by means of SS. 

I just let them soul stone. If the situation escalates far enough that they die. In the situations that looting them has come up I set myself the limit of one item that is of not much value. Simply allowing them to ss I found has left them happier when I talk to them even though I wasted their time with killing them.

Edited by Turbo_Dog
Repetitive wording

Doesn't really matter if you d40 or just ss out in my opinion. If your character dies and looting takes place, then the looter will only take what is valuable which leaves you with whatever stuff they didn't want. Most of the time they will just loot PVP gear, and materials to create pvp gear. Wait oops I meant MRP gear. Maybe an artifact or two if you haven't gotten them soulbound. Personally though I think you need to be a greedy goblin when it comes to looting which is why I'd rather let them ss out but if they are stalling and I worry that they are doing so to get guards or whatever to show up, then they are d40'ing or I am popping them for them.