[✗] [Amendment] Necromancy - The Rite of Severance

glassyskies

I was wondering where the Treelord thing applied until I read it. While this indeed is balanced in terms of the requirements of four people, you however have it where liches can learn this rather immediately and it can never be used on them. 

The Treelord situation is referring to a group of Treelords in the past that used the lore of them unable to be disconnected by a husk and them able to hide their trees in just impossible areas to find or get too in order to target non Treelord druids to control them. That is until the lore was forced changed to make it more equal again. 

My suggestion here is if you wish for this type of thing, have it adjusted to make it more equal/balanced with all parties involved. Otherwise, and as many said here, there will most likely be ooc disconnection wars. 

you don’t even have enough active necromancers so why do u want severance to remove the only active ones

do not understand magics pushing for  disconnection stuff when it takes MONTHS of real life time to learn the magic to begin with 

rituals like this would make more sense and congeal better if you didn’t have to spend half an irl year learning something a crossbow could do better irp 

People have already said it but I'll say it again to get some rep,

Disconnection rituals will just hurt a community due to things like disconnection wars and the likes. Sure, it would be fine if you could disconnect someone with OOC consent due to the person wanting to no longer be a necro, but that's the only situation I think it would be fine in.

Why you need four people? Let me get the 1 v 1 to disconnect them back

It's a nice concept, however I believe two things should be added

1. OOC consent. If you want to avoid disconnection wars (that are totally not abuse because that's what my character would do), then add OOC consent.

2. Consequences for all players involved. Losing slots is fairly dumb, but I believe with good-faith RP, an agreement could be made where both sides lose a bit. Say, the disconnecting necros can't use some abilities for a bit, can't connect anyone, or can't take part in rituals. Because with the current writing of this, covens will get other covens to log on at the same time, rush over when they're not expecting it, and disconnect the whole coven one by one

6 hours ago, NightcastorKitty said:

I was wondering where the Treelord thing applied until I read it. While this indeed is balanced in terms of the requirements of four people, you however have it where liches can learn this rather immediately and it can never be used on them. 

The Treelord situation is referring to a group of Treelords in the past that used the lore of them unable to be disconnected by a husk and them able to hide their trees in just impossible areas to find or get too in order to target non Treelord druids to control them. That is until the lore was forced changed to make it more equal again. 

My suggestion here is if you wish for this type of thing, have it adjusted to make it more equal/balanced with all parties involved. Otherwise, and as many said here, there will most likely be ooc disconnection wars. 

Thanks for explaining it! I was a big dum dum for not doing so myself.

Personally I think an ooc or irp consent thing would suit this magic better, but at the very least only giving it to a subsect immune to its effects is a recipe for disaster ready to be exploited by some lone lich and their personal army of undead.

I'll go ahead and add an OOC thing to it. I understand the panic surrounding OOC motivation and will adjust the write accordingly to ensure no bad faith can be brought from OOC into roleplay. You've made good points.

As for the loss of magic slots, Necromancy was meant to be similar to Naztherak in the way that it has a very firm hold over the slots it occupies. This would mean loss of not just two, but all four dedicated slots. I adjusted it to two to ensure the person wasn't without any options or opportunities if they wanted to go outside of necromancy. I will also add a little bit about Liches & Darkstalkers to the redlines to detail how this might affect them. I do not want this to PK them outright as that would add to the issue more, but I'll make it extend their respawn timer or something similar to it. Thank you for the constructive feedback.

8 hours ago, glassyskies said:

I'll go ahead and add an OOC thing to it. I understand the panic surrounding OOC motivation and will adjust the write accordingly to ensure no bad faith can be brought from OOC into roleplay. You've made good points.

As for the loss of magic slots, Necromancy was meant to be similar to Naztherak in the way that it has a very firm hold over the slots it occupies. This would mean loss of not just two, but all four dedicated slots. I adjusted it to two to ensure the person wasn't without any options or opportunities if they wanted to go outside of necromancy. I will also add a little bit about Liches & Darkstalkers to the redlines to detail how this might affect them. I do not want this to PK them outright as that would add to the issue more, but I'll make it extend their respawn timer or something similar to it. Thank you for the constructive feedback.

I would suggest to remove the redline that takes permanently your two slots away and instead i'd make you wont be able to learn necromancy anymore. Since tbh, re-learning it kills the whole purpose of this lore thingy and with the ooc consent it would make even more sense now. Why would someone accept the disc if it'd remove 2 slots?  But then they can just ask a Necromancer friend to re-learn the magic??? I do think it kills the whole purpose. If you want to get off the magic, it should be permanent and without losing slots imo.

28 minutes ago, lemonke said:

I would suggest to remove the redline that takes permanently your two slots away and instead i'd make you wont be able to learn necromancy anymore. Since tbh, re-learning it kills the whole purpose of this lore thingy and with the ooc consent it would make even more sense now. Why would someone accept the disc if it'd remove 2 slots?  But then they can just ask a Necromancer friend to re-learn the magic??? I do think it kills the whole purpose. If you want to get off the magic, it should be permanent and without losing slots imo.

Would you suggest I make it so you lose the ability to be reconnected, but keep the slots? I could rework it so that the first disconnection is free, but if you're disconnected a second time you lose these slots. I think that'd be more than fair.

16 minutes ago, glassyskies said:

Would you suggest I make it so you lose the ability to be reconnected, but keep the slots? I could rework it so that the first disconnection is free, but if you're disconnected a second time you lose these slots. I think that'd be more than fair.

Yuh, that's way better because see it like that; someone could accept to get disc to avoid death irp only to ask a friend and teach them again and so on, with this they ought to be more careful. But yeah, first one free and second one you lose the slots and lock yourself out of the magic, so it becomes more meaningful than a loophole

17 minutes ago, lemonke said:

Yuh, that's way better because see it like that; someone could accept to get disc to avoid death irp only to ask a friend and teach them again and so on, with this they ought to be more careful. But yeah, first one free and second one you lose the slots and lock yourself out of the magic, so it becomes more meaningful than a loophole

I'll work on this tn

this amendments a bit pointless with ooc consent, players just ask to get their app denied when they really wanna drop a magic. letting necromancers retire from a life of murder and evil is weird. if anything, it should be more punishing if it requires ooc consent, not less.

the "but my slots :(" arguments make no sense, if you want something else just make a new character and move on. nobody can force anyone to play a magic.