What a long road its been. AMA

Lhindir_

Im honestly surprised that I'm still around, and that 8 years have passed since I first joined this platform, so here I am - Lhindir_ Ready to answer your questions about anything and everything.

how many business calls have you taken in the past hour

Do you believe that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?

Just now, Pancho said:

how many business calls have you taken in the past hour

Im on one right now, actually.

2 minutes ago, MCVDK said:

Do you believe that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?

I'd certainly make a wish on one. I dont know how far it'd take me though.

what's your favourite piece of lore (shelved or live) that you think is incredibly underrated?

favourite dragon in lore?

fav RP interaction 

fav map (I already know this one) 

fav character (not yours) 

24 minutes ago, Traveller said:

what's your favourite piece of lore (shelved or live) that you think is incredibly underrated?

favourite dragon in lore?

Favorite Lore piece? Strength of the Abyss, in my opinion. I very much liked the niche it filled in the holy dark war, and thought dark paladins/Mortal Death-Knights added a lot which Xionism seems to lack otherwise.

Dragon in lore? Mordring. Im not entirely happy with the direction in which Azdromoth has moved in recent years, but he's a close second. 

23 minutes ago, Jentos said:

fav RP interaction 

fav map (I already know this one) 

fav character (not yours) 

Rp interaction? Let me think about it. 

Vailor, although Axios is a close second. 

Favorite Character? I think Geoboy66's Gravelord Chrodraeos/The Perfectionist/The Mime does it for me. This was a very big villain back in the day (As im sure you know) and something about every one of our interactions over the years kept me interested in his story.

A more recent character however is Frederick Armas, played by @Esterlen. He Raised Ostromir and contributed immensely to that character's story - But I also found the aesthetic and stylistic choices made by the player very appealing.

a) when will my dad come back

b) when will my best friend come back

c) when will you help me/look at my lore/mart :(
d) favorite dragon child

3 minutes ago, Yagi_Kamisama said:

How do you reconcile that the Anti-Christ and Basilisk are almost upon us?

Im not going to lie, I've spread enough Basilisk content over all forms of media that I dont think I'm in any immediate danger. Antichrist wise? Well. Its best not to think on that. 

3 minutes ago, hemomancy said:

a) when will my dad come back

b) when will my best friend come back

c) when will you help me/look at my lore/mart :(
d) favorite dragon child

A) :(
B) :)
C) Send it over on discord, though I touch it it'll be cursed and the LT will decline it
D) @koanda. You're a close second though. Sorry @Traveller

What nation has gone most downhill in recent years?

18 minutes ago, xMuted said:

What nation has gone most downhill in recent years?

Oren, lol

I don't believe any nation innately goes 'down-hill', they adapt and change to the circumstances. I think Oren being gone however is an overall negative, as I personally enjoyed the political scene and the kind of rp it provided (And breaking it), but even still Oren was in serious decline throughout the entire 8th empire - Losing vassals and vassal kingdoms was very much a bad thing, and the 8th empire, whilst unique and enjoyable in my opinion, was a last ditch effort for the people that stayed in power to hold onto that control over humanity.

I'm not really big on any of the modern human nations, with the exception of Numendil due to how utterly unique and different it is. It's cool that a number of them trace back to imperial heritage (Balian), and I enjoy how rp's evolved since the fall of Oren - However I don't really see any sort of difference between them aside from the occasional Da/Niet from Haensers and a few superficial build/stylistic choices. This is all a personal opinion from a jaded boomer who is very much not involved in current day to day roleplay, so there could be a lot im missing. 

Non-human wise? They're the same as they always were.

why am i best alch goober (20 page thesis and i will not take no for an answer)

whats kept u here all this time (or coming back at least)

favorite rp plotline/scenario

what drives u to do the cool rp u do

15 minutes ago, Air said:

why am i best alch goober (20 page thesis and i will not take no for an answer)

whats kept u here all this time (or coming back at least)

favorite rp plotline/scenario

what drives u to do the cool rp u do

I like your ability to explore very abstract concepts, and because of that find your roleplay very enjoyable, personally.

Its been on and off, but like mentioned above, LOTC is a very interesting platform. I cant say I enjoy it as much as I used to, but I think that's because of me as opposed to the game itself. Very abstract and esoteric concepts can be explored and it is a place where hundreds of players act out and very much 'live' to create an environment that is not quite found in other spaces - I enjoy observing and interacting with it because of that. 

I'll have to get back to you on that.

The characters I've accumulated over the years all have their very own and deep and thought out agendas which tend to adopt a certain aesthetic or otherwise, oftentimes shaped by years and years of interactions. I'm glad some people find it cool, not everyone does, but I think that's part of the point.