What a long road its been. AMA

Lhindir_

Do you think the server is going in the wrong direction?

16 minutes ago, Tabby64 said:

Do you think the server is going in the wrong direction?

Not necessarily. I think the demographic is certainly changing, however that does not innately make it good or bad - Merely different. 

Do I enjoy interacting with the new demographic? I wouldn't say so. But that's ok. I've definitely grown and matured over the years, and I think my story is definitely coming to an end on this platform - That does not mean it's not ok for others to find enjoyment where I do not, and for themes and otherwise to shift from my personal vision. 

This is a platform for children, in my opinion and vision, first and foremost - And I think boomers screaming and crying how they hate the platform and think lotc is ruined or something in that vein is fundamentally ignorant and probably a bit less than self aware. Those times are not coming back, and we don't know what's coming in the future, but that is ok and I'm personally just an observer. 

12 minutes ago, satinkira said:

If you could go back 8 years and stop yourself from joining, would you?

No, I don't think so. Would I have treated it differently than I did? Probably. I think the person who I am today is someone who was shaped by eight years of being in high stress situations, but also someone who's been exposed to leadership and leadership positions since my childhood on this platform, even through a roleplay Lense, which has translated to my real-life circumstances. I don't really know another place where a 17-18 year old can lead a group of 80 people who each have their own interests and agendas in a 24/7 type of setting. 

Was I a good leader during these times? Sometimes. Sometimes I handled situations horribly. But the fact that I was able to make those kinds of choices and was in those kind of circumstances is both a good and bad thing - However I think it's helped me immensely as a person and I've learned far more than been harmed.

9 minutes ago, Jihnyny said:

Favorite community

why no upvotes?

Sorry my bad bro

Favorite Community? To be honest if I had to choose, It'd probably be the orcs - However:

I am of the opinion that 'Communities' are actually very detrimental to lotc because they promote groupthink, and in turn are bad for creativity as players will oftentimes just do what the community wants them to do, as opposed to what their character wants to do. Ever since discord has come to LOTC, things are a lot more 'centralized' around communities due to constant exposure and in turn, people becoming friends oocly even if their characters would not normally interact or would even be at odds with each other. Whilst I cant bash on people becoming friends, I do think this has hurt the dynamic nature of roleplay and has changed how the game itself works, as people on average do not commit hostile actions towards people they are oocly friendly with.

Similarly, 'Communities' also force people who would not normally get along to interact and be friendly, and oftentimes do what is not in their own best interest for the sake of some arbitrary ooc group, as a nation or 'community' does not dictate a characters alignment, group affiliation or otherwise. I do not like this and think that the entire ooc element of lotc very much detracts from the pure roleplay element of the game. Yes, it makes organization easier. Yes playing with your friends is cool. And yet I think it takes away so much as players oftentimes stop thinking of themselves as individuals, in my experience.

Favourite person you taught magics to?

(hint it's me)

29 minutes ago, Jaxothy said:

Favourite person you taught magics to?

(hint it's me)

:)
I wouldn't say I have a favorite, but you're amongst the top of the people who've done interesting things with the rp we had - In my opinion. Some other people are @squakhawk, Zidoax, Noz, @Areon, @Zonty, @Maclunkey, Dardonas, KBR, @Sorcerio, @JoanOfArc@Air, @z3m0s, and @FieThere's a few others  but I've personally been very impressed with all of these players and the direction they took concepts and lore which we roleplayed about. I'm very happy when people go and do their own thing and improve or evolve the concepts which I give them.

6 minutes ago, Donutella said:

Have you watched Cars 3 and why is it your favourite movie

:skull:

I didnt know we had emojis on the forums. Huh

From your time on the server, whats some of the biggest knock-on effects that you've caused that give you joy? Both OOC and IRP ones too.

13 minutes ago, GMRO said:

From your time on the server, whats some of the biggest knock-on effects that you've caused that give you joy? Both OOC and IRP ones too.

Oh boy, where to even start. I like to think Ostromir and Friends running the Josephite Mafia with the explicit purpose of causing as much harm as humanely possible to the empire created a lot of problems which he never dealt with, affecting a lot of the modern situations which I find amusing.

I once went and looked at a lot of the voidal magic MAs, and a very large chunk of them can be traced back to me and two of my friends from 2016 when we our characters tried their absolute hardest to amass a massive mage following and overturn the order of things. As it turns out, those students had students, who had students, who had students, who had students.. Did we hyper accelerate the spread of void magic? Who knows.

My magic student @squakhawkwho I inducted into that kind of roleplay is now a story admin. 

Im certain there's more, but, I honestly cant recall anymore with how much time has passed.

Not necessarily a knock on but:
Back when I was very young, I used to mass produce constructs - So much so infact that we now have a 3 slot limit for creatures, which was first introduced to curb me making 20 golems a month. Im honestly surprised its survived this long and I find it funny. 

What is your worst experience on the server that you've had?

2 minutes ago, Neviah said:

What is your worst experience on the server that you've had?

Let me edit that out. It involved Ski_king3 and there is a reason he is TOS banned.

Hello Lhindir. Major props for how much you've pushed LotC forward from all the time I've known you.

What was the most scuffed group you were close enough to ever be fully aware of their scuffed-ness (or go to second most since you already mentioned what I guessed would be #1)?

Or if you want something a little bit more positive: Who from all the characters you have made over the years do you think would win in a 12 round boxing match tournament (magic is allowed but only if it empowers your body. 1 construct max can fight for you)

Keep being a king.

Edited by 2samspan

Why are you still here?

Ungoth bunga oog ung?

Help me.

how can we save voidal magic?????