A PRICE-GOUGER, A GUILDMASON, AND A MARKET-MANIPULATOR

A PRICE-GOUGER, A GUILDMASON, AND A MARKET-MANIPULATOR

shameoncyris.jpg

To King Cyris of the Shire, and to all who be willing to listen. 

I do not know what the f**k a "Silver Merchant Sovereignty" is, and I do not want to know. And you never provided or even once mentioned a minimum market price for leather. I am not undercutting my competitors, I am offering a fair and manageable price for my business associates to the North and to the West compared to the gouged and unrealistic prices you push for.

Why is it that you fear a one-man operation that produces a pathetic and barely notable amount of leather per Saint Year, do our prices really cripple the economy of the other six companies in Barnsley combined? And if they were truly damaging, our stockpile would be empty by now from the flood of public fervor, but I still possess a very healthy and large amount of leather in my area. 

You gave no warning, you even refused to order me to do so through official and public litigation, saying that my prices are 'exactly why' you can't put them in public.

You are a Price-Gouger, you are a Guildmason, and you are a Market Manipulator, I would only reconcile if you were official about your job. 

This, is an inside job organized by the people who are mad that I broke the norms and sold below their expensive costs, and a political maneuver. You do not wish me luck in further business developments as you have said, you only wish to see the downfall of my family over a dispute of 0.7 Minae. 

image.png?ex=65501994&is=653da494&hm=81f19db61b987eb50391c7b01c6fb76360304e4ff38d2efa66ea72bc08ce259e&

[!] In response a simple missive would be posted atop the oaken post of the Pinemaw Barn.

Spoiler

"We all follow the Barnsley,
Over land and sea (and Whitespire),
We all follow the Barnsley,
On to victory,
All together now..."

19 minutes ago, Harfleur said:

You are a Price-Gouger, you are a Guildmason, and you are a Market Manipulator,

"Add t'ese ter t'ah lis' o' titles! Pre''eh cool oi dink" comments Mimosa Applefoot

To those whom this concerns,

The average price of Leather up to this point in time has been around 1.745 Minas on a continental scale. Sold on average at Haelunor (2m), Balian (1m), Numenor (2m), Lurin (1m), Norland (2m), Haense (1.7m), Urguan (2.7m), Talar'nor (1.25), Petra (1.75) and Aaun (3.6m), with these prices being collected over the course of the last ten years.

I would personally urge independent merchants not to sell themselves short by selling below a minimum of one point five.  You would be actively losing Minas, which even if it does not directly affect you- affects the economy of your local area, your family and your future prospects.

The Silver Merchant Sovereignty will be releasing a new Fair Trade Agreement along with our Price Comparison Dossier, in accordance with King Cyris of Petra, with an agreement to meet between joining merchants and set a minimum price for agreeing Merchants and Merchant Guilds. Building towards a better future for us all- For a crashing economy serves no one.

Signed, Yera Silveira
Trade Princess of the Silver Merchant Sovereignty
https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/228723-silver-merchant-sovereignty/

FERDINAND ERYL IS VISIBLY AND AUDIBLY FUMING AT THE WORDS OF THE MISSIVE - Crumpling the paper of the very one in his hand, he shakes his fist at at the air, then throws the defiled slander-piece into the bin in the corner of the room.

"zhe BOLDNESS of it!" he scoffed!

Oijin wonders how this will affect the opium market.

5 minutes ago, Reckless Banzai Screamer said:

Oijin wonders how this will affect the opium market.

Very badly, did you know: Pinemaw Company Limited holds several opium depots throughout Braevos?

After reading the missive, Jonathan Mösu shook his head in disbelief. He took a seat with a cigar in hand and started writing a letter. When he finished, he  handed it over to a courier for delivery to Elijah Pinemaw.

"When we tellin' em that we nae even use money Cyris gits for anything and am just melting it into ornamental spoons." -- Magnolia, Shire Wizard, and Ritual Spoon Maker